KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Avengers Vs The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers Vs The Dark Knight Rises
Started by: Edge9695

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edge9695

The Avengers Vs The Dark Knight Rises

Ok, i went to see both The Avengers & The Dark Knight Rises, and my home boys, said that The Dark Knight was way better than The Avengers, and i think otherwise, i want to know from you all who has seen both movies which one you think is really better, with all mistakes such as that lame a$$ Bane, compared to Loki......

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 05:52 PM
Edge9695 is currently offline Click here to Send Edge9695 a Private Message Find more posts by Edge9695 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

avengers was terrible, had to turn it off part way through.

dark knight was tolerable, batman begins was pretty good, so I imagine I'll be able to make it the whole way through DKR, but I'm not expecting much.

of the available options, DKR then?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:06 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

DKR could have been better but I still say it was better than the Avengers. Almost forgot about that movie.

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:13 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

*random opinion on subjective question
*implication of directors' true motivations/tendencies/weaknesses
*hope for {insert arbitrary villain/reboot} in the sequel

*question OP's sexuality?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:35 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
*random opinion on subjective question
*implication of directors' true motivations/tendencies/weaknesses
*hope for {insert arbitrary villain/reboot} in the sequel

*question OP's sexuality?
This

and personally I enjoyed Avengers more.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 07:09 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Newjak
This

and personally I enjoyed Avengers more.

Weelllll....imma have to agree, here.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Avengers was way better.

I got bored many times throughout DKR yet I was always entertained throughout Avengers.

Seriously, anybody want to explain why DKR was a better film besides Batman hype? the script was lame.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jul 25th, 2012 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:09 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Better plot and characters (aside from Stark) IMO. Anyway, I enjoyed both but TDKR takes the cake for me. I absolutely loved the film.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

DKR was full of holes script wise. I'll post em tomorrow.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:23 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Considering I've only see one legitimate plot hole, I won't hold my breath.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i liked both films the same..

just about each and every film has plot holes and I have got to say that I couldn;t care less about them.. plot holes do not diminish the way I feel about a film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
plot holes do not diminish the way I feel about a film

I don't mean to sound crass, but why else would you watch a film if not for a cohesive narrative?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:54 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

And Inimalist makes his taste suspect once more.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:55 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

to be fair, its either I have terrible taste, or everyone else on the planet does...

I know how I feel about it, but odds aren't in my favor

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 08:56 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Jesus, everyone with the name changes.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I hate ini's name change.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:23 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Oliver North
I don't mean to sound crass, but why else would you watch a film if not for a cohesive narrative?
Good acting, cgi, music score, boobs.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:24 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Mindset
I hate ini's name change.

lol

ollie north strikes again big grin

Good acting,

ya, fair enough. Dark Knight was worth seeing Ledger as Joker, Bale has been fairly commendable... though I'd love to know who came up with that voice.

EDIT: Acting in the Avengers was, comparatively, terrible, but that might have been more a reflection of the writing than the actors.

Last edited by tsilamini on Jul 25th, 2012 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:24 PM
Mindset

Bane was supposed to be south american, so I think that's an english version of a spanish speakers accent.

I actually liked it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:32 PM
tsilamini

Bane was supposed to be south american, so I think that's an english version of a spanish speakers accent.

I actually liked it.

I actually meant Bale's growling Batman voice. I get what they were going for, but it destroyed the immersion of the scene every time he talked, to me at least.

Like, the scene where he was interrogating the Joker in the police station, I know it was supposed to be an intense scene, but every time Batman talked I wanted to laugh.

Haven't seem DKR, but the promise of growling vs distorted accent is very appealing to the cynic in me.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:37 PM