KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Gravity

Gravity
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Gravity (George Clooney)

Alfonso Cuarón’s ‘Gravity’ Gets A Rating

PG-13 apparently. Also stars Sandra Bullock.

This is my first time hearing about this. I like Alfonso Cuarón's Children of Men a lot, so I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for this. (I didn't like his Harry Potter film, but I don't think it was his fault. He did a good job of directing it, I just didn't think the subject matter was very interesting.)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 06:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Gravity (George Clooney)

Solid director, really liked 3 of the 4 films of his I've seen where he's directed. While I didn't care much for his HP film, it was one of the best of the series. Solid actor, as Clooney rarely disappoints.

Sounds like a win film to me so far.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 31st, 2012 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 07:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

sounds like another one of those 127 Hours/Buried kinda movies.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 07:13 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks good.. clooney is good in certain things..

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Solid director, really liked 3 of the 4 films of his I've seen where he's directed. While I didn't care much for his HP film, it was one of the best of the series. Solid actor, as Clooney rarely disappoints.

Sounds like a win film to me so far.

have you forgotten batman and robin laughing out loud

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 09:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

have you forgotten batman and robin laughing out loud

Certainly not; that would be one of the rare times he disappointed me. I do blame that more on the writer and director, IMO, Clooney could have made a decent Batman back then.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 09:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I agree. Clooney is typically gold. The American and Syriana were boring as hell, imo, but his performance in both was solid.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 10:31 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I didn't love nor hate The American, Clooney did an alright job with the character. Being mostly silent and poker faced isn't for him though.

I enjoyed Syriana, not something I'd watch over and over though.

Edit: Didn't he do some flick with J-Lo? IIRC, that was terrible and he was terrible in it. But again, it's still rare moments where he doesn't deliver.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 10:35 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
Certainly not; that would be one of the rare times he disappointed me. I do blame that more on the writer and director, IMO, Clooney could have made a decent Batman back then.

yea the writing was very horrid..

Originally posted by marwash22
I agree. Clooney is typically gold. The American and Syriana were boring as hell, imo, but his performance in both was solid.

I agree

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I didn't like Syriana either.

Ever seen Good Night & Good Luck? That's pretty good... I took a history of TV class and learned about Edward R. Murrow.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:41 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Haven't had any issues with Clooney. I enjoyed the American & Syriana, liked Out of Sight, and even liked him with his supporting part in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

I still haven't seen Michael Clayton. Any reviews on that one?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 02:33 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I didn't like Syriana either.

Ever seen Good Night & Good Luck? That's pretty good... I took a history of TV class and learned about Edward R. Murrow.

haven't seen that yet.. want to though

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:39 AM
samantha143

Nice Post

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 12:56 PM
samantha143 is currently offline Click here to Send samantha143 a Private Message Find more posts by samantha143 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Surprised no one's posted about this yet. Looks pretty spectacular (especially in Hi-Def):

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

saw the trailer before Gatsby came on.. looks pretty solid

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:58 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the look of this but remain skeptical that it'll end up basically being 'open water' in space.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 12th, 2013 02:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden101
I like the look of this but remain skeptical that it'll end up basically being 'open water' in space.

Well, I've never seen Open Water, but I like this trailer because it doesn't really reveal much, so I have no idea really how the story will progress from what we've seen. I do know that this director is fantastic (Children of Men), so I'd honestly see it just out of faith in him. I'm sure it'll be a good ride just because he is behind it.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 04:29 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Children of Men is top drawer. From what little I've looked into this is that after a disaster aboard their shuttle, 2 astronauts end up adrift in space with no way to contact earth. I just hope it isn't a case of 5 minutes of action and then them talking existential drivel for an hour and a half before dying. I remain as hopeful as a man of my naturally pessimistic personality can though.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 13th, 2013 04:05 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden101
I just hope it isn't a case of 5 minutes of action and then them talking existential drivel for an hour and a half before dying.

Yeah, that could work honestly. I probably wouldn't mind some existential drivel. Haha.. But that's just me. Is that the general layout of Open Water?

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, that could work honestly. I probably wouldn't mind some existential drivel. Haha.. But that's just me. Is that the general layout of Open Water?

There's sharks involved, which probably won't happen in Gravity.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:49 PM
mandijames
Restricted

Account Restricted

looks good.. clooney is good in certain things..

Old Post May 14th, 2013 06:47 AM
mandijames is currently offline Click here to Send mandijames a Private Message Find more posts by mandijames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote