KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 22 Jump Street (2014)

22 Jump Street (2014)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

22 Jump Street (2014)

quote: (post)
Plot Synopsis
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college.

Starring: Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill & Ice Cube

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 08:18 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I was in disbelief when they rebooted the series before. This sounds like a cash cow grab.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 08:23 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

This will either be Empire Strikes Back or Hangover 2.

No middleground.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 08:25 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I was in disbelief when they rebooted the series before. This sounds like a cash cow grab.
The first movie was way better than anything in the original.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 08:26 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will pass, haven't seen the first one..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 10:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will pass, haven't seen the first one..

You should give it a try.
Awesome movie

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 11:34 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Will see this, loved the first one

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 11:44 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I want a "I'm Eric's *****." t-shirt.

This is one reboot that made me feel old when no one releaised it was based on a tv series.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2013 11:56 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Enjoyed the first one alot, Was expecting to only have one or two decent laughs at first

will be seeing this second.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2013 06:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Dunno why, maybe because I grew up with the series, the movie just didn't do it for me. The series had a kind of lazy humour to it, a sly poke at life as a teenager/young adult, while the rebooted movie was more slapstick and almost moralistic/preachy, IMO. Will probably give the second one a miss...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2013 07:39 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Some tv series were never meant to be rebooted or remade into a movie.

I've been hearing rumours about an Equalizer movie in production too.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2013 07:44 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It may be because I was expecting the worst but the last movie actually surprised me. I received quite a few laughs from it. Considering that the movie was written and designed to grab the high school audience I avoided the movie for a long time and even though I have outgrown a lot of the humor in the movie I still thought most of the humor was well written and performed. I wish we could see more humor that's not written for a specific demographic like the high school or college audience.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2013 10:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If that scene is an indication of what we're in for, this flick was be complete shit.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If that scene is an indication of what we're in for, this flick was be complete shit.

You negative nancy

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 01:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You laughed at that stupid scene, didn't you.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Firefly218 on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 08:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen Joblo's review for this one

gives it a 8/10.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 10:08 AM
riv6672

I loved the series, and the movie worked for me. Probably because they avoided recasting the original actors in a direct re-make and went with "what if this program were still around?"
Much more freedom to just do their own thing and throw in some shout outs.

A straight up remake set in the 80s ala Starsky & Hutch would have worked too, but what they did was, i think, a better choice.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 10:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

22 Jump Street was dope. Recycled the same plot from the first film but, hey, if it works, why fix it lol.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 02:07 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote