KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim 2 delayed

Pacific Rim 2 delayed
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Pacific Rim 2 delayed

Pacific Rim 2 delayed indefinitely, possibly due to friction between Legendary and Universal.

Sigh, looks like the apocalypse is back on!

On the bright side we still have an incoming comic, but a golden-age of Kaiju with 2 US kaiju franchises + Toho Godzilla seems further away.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 12:15 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Oh well.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 12:16 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not a surprise, imo

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Thanks, Obama.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

**** **** the ****!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:07 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

And nothing of value was lost.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch

After I'm done with you that phrase will be your epitaph

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:37 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Pacific Rim 2 delayed

Originally posted by Q99

Sigh, looks like the apocalypse is back on!

Yeah its still happening

even Guillermo Del Toro confirms it

http://www.scified.com/site/pacific...ere-still-on-it

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Re: Pacific Rim 2 delayed

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah its still happening

even Guillermo Del Toro confirms it

http://www.scified.com/site/pacific...ere-still-on-it

Another source saying the same thing with more Del Toro talk

quote:
Del Toro is no stranger to long-delayed passion-project blockbusters. “I can tell you this, if I was a billionaire, I would definitely do Hellboy 3, Pacific Rim 2, and At the Mountains of Madness.” He laughs. “And I would quickly become a millionaire.”

Well, at least it looks like an actual delay.

Though now I do feel kinda bad that he gave up directing JL Dark in order to get this PR2 slot.

"Since Pacific Rim is a film about giant god-creatures battling like natural disasters through cityscapes, and since this all began when the King Kong franchise moved to Warner Bros to set up a King Kong/Godzilla showdown film, we felt it mandatory to ask Del Toro if he had a favorite in a Kong vs. Godzilla showdown. “Even when I was a 10-year-old geek, I never engaged in those things,” he said. “I would like them both to win, and come over to my house for dinner.”"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:56 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I hope they dont make the kong vs. Goji. Theyre going to have to nerf godzilla so badly the movie would be horrible.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:10 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Someone needs to make Del Toro a billionaire then, we need him helming a 'At The Mountains of Madness' flick and other H.P. Lovecraft works. We need him doing it right now. Now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I hope they dont make the kong vs. Goji. Theyre going to have to nerf godzilla so badly the movie would be horrible.

Remember, it's happened before, and they didn't nerf Godzilla, they amped Kong instead.

As there's no way you're going to do a 30-foot big G, doing a several-hundred-foot Kong is the only reasonable alternative.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:00 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by Tzeentch
But you aren't dead.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:02 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Q99
Remember, it's happened before, and they didn't nerf Godzilla, they amped Kong instead.

There were also two different Godzilla vs King Kong movies

American version - Kong wins

Japanese version- Godzilla wins

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Kazenji
There were also two different Godzilla vs King Kong movies

American version - Kong wins

Japanese version- Godzilla wins

<Puts on 'obsessive Godzilla fan hat'>

King Kong always won in both versions, which were just slight edits, with no changes to the fights.

Toho was planning on making Kong a franchise at the time. They did make one other movie, King Kong Escapes, before canning the idea. They recycled an intended Kong script into a Godzilla script- Godzilla vs the Sea Monster.

Note that KKvG was only the third Godzilla movie, Godzilla had never been a hero by that point, and was more a reoccurring villain- he lost vs Mothra in the next too.

It's not until Godzilla movie 5 - King Ghidorah- that Godzilla starts his win streak.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 05:24 AM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Q99
<Puts on 'obsessive Godzilla fan hat'>

King Kong always won in both versions, which were just slight edits, with no changes to the fights.

Toho was planning on making Kong a franchise at the time. They did make one other movie, King Kong Escapes, before canning the idea. They recycled an intended Kong script into a Godzilla script- Godzilla vs the Sea Monster.

Note that KKvG was only the third Godzilla movie, Godzilla had never been a hero by that point, and was more a reoccurring villain- he lost vs Mothra in the next too.

It's not until Godzilla movie 5 - King Ghidorah- that Godzilla starts his win streak.

This all spot on. Its nice to see some other Gojira fans. Half the people on here dont know crap about him. Kk vs. G was my least favorite of all the movies ( of which I have seen all). Anyway back to Pac Rim. Some loved it, some hated it. I thought it was great for what it was. And I would rather see Gojira stomp some Jaegers and Kaiju than King Kong.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 03:27 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
[BAnyway back to Pac Rim. Some loved it, some hated it. I thought it was great for what it was. And I would rather see Gojira stomp some Jaegers and Kaiju than King Kong. [/B]

Really, I have never seen a Kaiju movie do the same thing.

The big kaiju brawl flicks with many kaiju, have never been the ones with piloted mecha. The ones with piloted mecha, have only one, and often bland casts. And never have giant mecha vs kaiju been done so well with so much budget- those things had mass.

Made the Bayformers look like flightly insubstantial things.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 03:03 AM
Flyattractor

PR gets shit canned while actual shit like Prometheus sequel is already getting made.

Life truly SUCKS!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 05:58 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Universal studio's has their priorities right.....erm

Pacific Rim 2 from schedule, fills it with Pitch Perfect 3.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 03:22 AM