KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Witch

The Witch
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

The Witch

This movie is making some buzz among critic circles. Has an 87% Rotten Tomatoes score.

I saw it. It was cringey at parts (in a bad way...like watching your autistic cousin try to hit on your attractive cousin). It is like Eggers tried too hard.

There are some good parts.

Also, Eggers likes naked children. Or he hates them. Can't tell.

To me, it is not worth watching. Concept is great. Wonderful. But executed terribly.

Enjoy it if you want to cringe at "trying too hard" edgy horror.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 08:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

A lot of horror movies suffer from "trying to hard" these days. Fake frights & unnecessary gore seem to replace a good storyline these days.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 01:05 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've heard good things, but also that it's nothing very epic like they hype leads it to be.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:10 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I've heard of this one and want to see it at some point.

I think I read that Stephen King supposedly claimed it scared the crap out him. You know how those sorts of endorsements are, though... often times it's just hype.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:57 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I may see this tomorrow. Hmmmm. I feel like I'll also be disappointed. The one review said it was good but more of a psychological thriller not a horror film.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 03:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Just saw it... I'd give it a 7/10.

Like has been said - great concept, but the execution was... not great. Definitely creepy/disturbing at parts, but overall... *shrug*

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 03:47 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Just saw it... I'd give it a 7/10.

Like has been said - great concept, but the execution was... not great. Definitely creepy/disturbing at parts, but overall... *shrug*
Arent you too young for r movies ?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 03:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

If my dad buys my tickets I'm all good, broski. smile

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 04:05 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Can't wait to see this. Looks very good.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 04:41 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by quanchi112

LOL

Blatantly trolling for underage boys again!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 05:07 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
LOL

Look you date them I'm just worried they are seeing r rated films without their parents permission.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 05:09 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Look you date them I'm just worried they are seeing r rated films without their parents permission.

HAHAHAHA

So now you're the self appointed Uncle Figure of all the young posters here on KMC?

Oh that's not creepy at all!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 10:54 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

LOL

(please log in to view the image)

Attachment: obvious troll.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 12:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

HAHAHAHA

So now you're the self appointed Uncle Figure of all the young posters here on KMC?

Oh that's not creepy at all!
Making a comment to something he volunteered is making conversation. You dated an underage girl. Creep. All out of your own mouth.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:55 PM
dynamix

seen it not too bad. Cinematography was awesome some of the shots were very unnerving. The only negative i found was the heavy dialect. There were often times when i just can't understand or hear exactly what they are saying lol.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:01 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I thought this movie was great, IMO the atmosphere and feel of the film was scary, as opposed to the "jump" shit most people look for when you go watch something like Paranormal Activity.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:07 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

might pass and wait a while when nobody else is in the theater lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
...as opposed to the "jump" shit most people look for when you go watch something like Paranormal Activity.

I hate that shit.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 09:30 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Making a comment to something he volunteered is making conversation. You dated an underage girl. Creep. All out of your own mouth.

This is a movie thread & you're comment wasn't focused on the movie but the young age of the poster.
Then you try & hide behind that you're concerned he's doing something behind his father's back?

Would his father approve of a 36 yr old male stranger on the Internet being " concerned" about his son?

Spin it anyway you want dude, I'm like the 4th poster on this board that's noticed your creepy obsession with the younger males here.

And keep ignoring the fact, Quan. I never dated an under age girl.
She was 18 months past the age of consent & 6 months shy of legally being considered an adult. Spin it anyway you want. You're still wrong.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 11:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

This is a movie thread & you're comment wasn't focused on the movie but the young age of the poster.
Then you try & hide behind that you're concerned he's doing something behind his father's back?

Would his father approve of a 36 yr old male stranger on the Internet being " concerned" about his son?

Spin it anyway you want dude, I'm like the 4th poster on this board that's noticed your creepy obsession with the younger males here.

And keep ignoring the fact, Quan. I never dated an under age girl.
She was 18 months past the age of consent & 6 months shy of legally being considered an adult. Spin it anyway you want. You're still wrong.
Dude, you're a creep. Let it go.

Back on topic. Saw the witch. Terrible film.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 02:46 AM