KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Is anyone else bored with Superhero movies?

Is anyone else bored with Superhero movies?
Started by: Jonathan E.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jonathan E.
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find them all boring, anyone agree or disagree.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:24 PM
Jonathan E. is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathan E. a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathan E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Just the badly made and sub par ones

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:37 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I grew up watching the Xmen animated series, Spiderman TAS, Justice League, Batman TAS, and Superman. It's a dream come true seeing Marvel and FOX make films/shows of my favorite characters. So no if they're done properly and with great writing, characters, and acting I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing them on the big screen. As long as they're not done as terribly as the stuff done in the early 2000s, or as dissapointing as DCs stuff post-Nolan I have no problem shelling out my money for them.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:51 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel the same, grew up watching the cartoons in the 90s..and especially the DCAU. I loved the DCAU, it's pretty much in my opinion the best comic related tv show/movie series. The shared universe really nailed it and the feeling of the comics.

So I'm not tired of it. I don't think I will ever be. I mean you might as well ask people if they are bored of the cliche action movies. Or bored of romantic comedies. These types of films are always around. Now that technology has advanced to the point super hero movies can be done properly..I don't ever expect them to go away.

Comics provide a treasure trove of stories and interesting characters. Also now because of the popularity of these movies..we are getting things we never would have gotten before. Like the upcoming "Legion" tv show. This is a pretty awesome character, but also very obscure when it comes to the general public. Yet now because of all the success of super hero films..we get that show.

It's the same reason we were able to get great shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Hell there is going to be a Defenders tv show. That's pretty awesome.

It also gets people into these stories that would have never been into them. My mother is 64 yrs. old and is now hooked on Daredevil and Jessica Jones. In fact she called me the other day asking when a new Marvel series would be out lol. She was happy to hear the Luke Cage show is coming soon.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 13th, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 11:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

No you're literally the only one

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 01:16 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Re: Is anyone else bored with Superhero movies?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jonathan E.

Nope...

Not me atleast...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 01:30 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Marvel is fantastic. Disney marvel that is.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 01:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nope, Not at all

unless of course some dud movie's get made.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Jonathan E.

Yup. I'm with you. They have the same boring, bland tone, even the ones trying to be 'different.' They range from entertaining to awful. The only truly great one to me is Guardians of the Galaxy because it truly does 'different' well, it's cut from a different mold. Other than that they are really not much more than excuses for fanboys to see their favorite heroes on the big screen.

That being said, Marvel has done a surprisingly good job maintaining some sort of quality throughout their films. They just have become too much of the same to me.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:15 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

nope. never.

what a dumb question.

are you tired of comedies, or dramas? how about horror movies, you tired of those?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:19 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Nope, Not at all

unless of course some dud movie's get made.
Did you copy and paste this from a Reddit opinion ?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ How's skype going?....have you broken your world record for how many young boys you've lured.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
^ How's skype going?....have you broken your world record for how many young boys you've lured.
You bring up young boys a lot. You're sick. Get help, perv.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:38 AM
juggerman

Nope.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:48 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Inhuman
Just the badly made and sub par ones

This, basically. I've only seen two this year that I've reasonably enjoyed. The rest... Have their moments, but ultimately fail.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 02:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by -Pr-
The rest... Have their moments, but ultimately fail.

The DC films???

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 07:11 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Hell no i love watch superheros beat the hell out of everything.

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 07:22 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

yes, i am. i can't stand superheros movies anymore. the industry is oversaturated with them now and it won't get any better any time soon.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 10:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Nope. Bring em on for decades to come.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 12:49 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by steverules_2
The DC films???

And X-Men, which was more disappointing than either of them, and I had low expectations going in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 12:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote