KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Disney box office dominance is unprecedented

Disney box office dominance is unprecedented
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Disney box office dominance is unprecedented

The studio’s domestic market share is an unbelievable 35 percent at the moment, a number that will only rise as it continues to release Fox’s films. That’s more than double their next-closest rival, Warner Bros., which currently sits at 15 percent. Why has Disney frontloaded 2019 with all of its major franchises, opening the door for a come-down in 2020? Great question—it’s because the company wants to round out its forthcoming streaming service, Disney+, with as much blockbuster content as soon as possible.

Generally speaking, Warner Bros. and Universal have rounded out the top three studios in the domestic box office race in some order. Warner Bros. also has a great library of top-tier IP, but it’s going through some internal changes with the recent hiring of a new CEO and the launch of HBO Max. Universal has been incredibly clever and effective at keeping pace without the aid of superheroes, but they lack the laundry list of global blockbusters beyond Jurassic World and Fast & Furious.

How has the Magic Kingdom done it? It’s simple—no other studio has the breadth of intellectual property to consistently compete with Disney. Today’s Hollywood marketplace revolves around repetitive cash flow (sequels, franchises), and Disney can churn those out more consistently and effectively than anyone. This is largely due to Disney’s brilliant brand acquisitions over the years—they have the best properties and that’s no accident.

Warner Bros. simply cannot compete. Disney is domination this part of the market share never seen before.

https://observer.com/2019/07/disney...ixar-lion-king/

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 05:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Ok.

Can't say I care which studio makes which movies. So long as they're good.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 05:44 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Ok.

Can't say I care which studio makes which movies. So long as they're good.
Agreed. Disney had made for me the best content of my life recently. IW, EG, TLJ, Ragnarok, etc. People upset over one company being the best is silly tbh.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 05:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by quanchi112
Agreed. Disney had made for me the best content of my life recently. IW, EG, TLJ, Ragnarok, etc. People upset over one company being the best is silly tbh.

My only problem is the occasional SJW pandering that they are doing and the lack of writing quality in some of their efforts. They need to back off the committee based approach and get back to more artistic-freedom approach. Less hands off.

Other than that, yeah, I agree with your OP and your opinion. Can't complain much because it is almost all quality, entertaining content.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 05:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Directors have squeezed their political views into their work for decades. Now that we are aware of some of this we are acutely aware and hyper reactive to any female in Hollywood. I pay it no mind.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:17 PM
Flyattractor

Mods! Could You Please Merge all of these Quanchi Shills for Disney Threads. We don't need more then one. (some would say THAT is too many) . Thank You.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Mods! Could You Please Merge all of these Quanchi Shills for Disney Threads. We don't need more then one. (some would say THAT is too many) . Thank You.
EG is not Disney overall. Do not post in threads you have no interest in.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:27 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Ok.

Lol Best response

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

simply put ALL OVER MOVIE STUDIOS NEED TO MAKE BETTER MOVIES, until then there is no competition

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sad Fact is Disney aint really making that good of movies now. Their "LIVE ACTION REMAKES" are really Crap. Hard to understand why the Normies and ShillCucks throw so much money at them.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sad Fact is Disney aint really making that good of movies now. Their "LIVE ACTION REMAKES" are really Crap. Hard to understand why the Normies and ShillCucks throw so much money at them.

Most disagree but the box office dictates what is successful not a sad lonely fellow.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:42 PM
Flyattractor

Dictates what is "Successful' Not what is "GOOD".

Sad But True Fact.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Dictates what is "Successful' Not what is "GOOD".

Sad But True Fact.
I think their movies are amazing not just good. You set your expectations low. Box office determines who wins. Disney.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:48 PM
Flyattractor

said the ShillCuck.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

said the ShillCuck.
You sound envious. Tsk. Tsk.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:50 PM
Flyattractor

No. Just Tired. Tired of you and your False Ego Rants. Its Old and Boring. Much like the MCU.

Been There Seen It Before Bored with It.

Why do you do this QuanchiFacist?

Is this the only way you feel that You can get any attention?

Do you have NO ONE that cares about you in real life?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:52 PM
quanchi112
Disney

No. Just Tired. Tired of you and your False Ego Rants. Its Old and Boring. Much like the MCU.

Been There Seen It Before Bored with It.

Why do you do this QuanchiFacist?

Is this the only way you feel that You can get any attention?

Do you have NO ONE that cares about you in real life?
If what you say is true why on earth would you give me attention if you think it is what I seek. You are giving me what you believe I want.

I like rubbing it in I was right. Disney is making the best movies of all time. Best films of all time and best Star Wars film thus far.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 06:55 PM
Flyattractor

eh I got nothing better to do for the next few minutes..and its not like anyone can start up a conversation about anything else in the Movie Forum with you butting in and clogging it up with your tripe anyway so... Yeah.

Sad Sad Little Shillcuck. You seek our approval and acceptance so poorly.

HAHHAAH!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 07:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

eh I got nothing better to do for the next few minutes..and its not like anyone can start up a conversation about anything else in the Movie Forum with you butting in and clogging it up with your tripe anyway so... Yeah.

Sad Sad Little Shillcuck. You seek our approval and acceptance so poorly.

HAHHAAH!
Look you need to get a life and quit trying to seek attention in threads of little interest. This is about Disney being unrivaled at the box office. Other studios admit they cannot compete.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 07:02 PM
Flyattractor

Oh that is RICH! Coming from the "I sat thru a 3 hour Movie 7 Times" .

Yeah I am the one that NEEDS a LIFE!

HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 07:03 PM