KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies that are still unmatched by 2000 movies

Movies that are still unmatched by 2000 movies
Started by: ShoutMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShoutMan

Movies that are still unmatched by 2000 movies

Predator 1 and Predator 2, Terminator 1 and 2, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemies Lines. Baby's Day Out, Home Alone are the movies that are still unmatched by movies made after year 2000.

See No Evil starring WWE star "Kane" is very good.

Post your movies big grin

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 05:46 PM
ShoutMan is currently offline Click here to Send ShoutMan a Private Message Find more posts by ShoutMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ghostbusters comes to mind.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Star Wars OT comes to mind.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Total Recall and Robocop remakes were garbage.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 10:52 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I cried at the end of Black Hawk Down.

Ghostbusters is absolutely timeless.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Alien/Aliens
Blade Runner
Legend, Never Ending Story, Willow (80s fantasy)
The OT Star Wars

The 80s horror franchises like Nightmare, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, and Childs Play really don’t have any modern analogs from the 2000’s. Also the 80s seems to be the only decade I can think of where they were super adventurous With stand-alone fantasy movies with their own unique worlds.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 03:48 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The Naked Gun

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:08 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

All of these are good picks

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:13 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

95% of Mel Brooks Movies.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 11:16 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Star Wars OT comes to mind.

That's an obvious pick. The first two Superman movies come to mind as well. None of the newer Superman flicks compares to those two. No one will ever be able to fill Christopher Reeve's shoes as Superman.

The Batman movies are actually better though, imo, than the originals.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Oct 27th, 2019 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 05:58 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shawshank
Godfather trilogy
Get Carter (the original)
Stripes
Batchelor Party
GATTACA
Jaws
Death wish
Highlander
Die Hard
Enter the Dragon
Marathon Man
Omen 1 and 2
Boys from Brazil
Saving Private Ryan
The Dear Hunter
Deliverance

Loads more

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 06:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The original Highlander is a classic for sure but I actually liked Endgame (the one with both Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul) the best.

Maybe because I really enjoyed the tv series so damn much. I have all the dvd's of all the seasons and have watched through them all like 5 or 6 times lol. I've also bought several of the not-exactly-cheap swords. That was money that I definitely wish I could get back somehow. I used to be a massive Highlander fan... not so much anymore.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 10:04 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Godfather

thumb up

Originally posted by Putinbot1
trilogy

thumb down

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 11:00 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Movies that are still unmatched by 2000 movies

Originally posted by ShoutMan
Predator 1 and Predator 2, Terminator 1 and 2, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemies Lines. Baby's Day Out, Home Alone are the movies that are still unmatched by movies made after year 2000.

See No Evil starring WWE star "Kane" is very good.

Post your movies big grin

Black Hawk Down and Behind Enemy Lines both came out in 2001, so they are 2000 movies.

Based on your favourites, I think you need to see more movies. Though I do think Black Hawk Down is a five star classic.

Personally, I don't think a film has gotten into my all time Top Ten since Saving Private Ryan in 1998. My Top Ten looks something like this:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Apocalyspe Now (Original and Redux versions)
The Star Wars OT
The Godfather Part II
Jaws
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Dr. Strangelove
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Raging Bull

Just outside the Top Ten, maybe they get in depending on my mood: Alien, Lawrence Of Arabia, The Godfather, Blade Runner (later cuts), Unforgiven, Once Upon A Time In The West

Five star films for me that have knocked on the door of my all time favourties since the 2000's started: The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, Million Dollar Baby, Revenge Of The Sith, The Departed, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Dark Knight, WALL-E, plus several MCU films (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Nov 2nd, 2019 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 06:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote