KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The most important hero of the MCU..?

The most important hero of the MCU..?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The most important hero of the MCU..?

So I was discussing this with a buddy the other day, and it quickly turned into a "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" sort of thing...

We were trying to figure out which HERO of the MCU was the most valuable and important to their ultimate success in Endgame. My initial thought was Tony Stark: he invented time travel, which made it possible for them to go back in time, collect the stones, undo Thanos' snap, and then destroy Thanos and his army.

But then I/we started thinking...
-Tony thought time travel was an impossible pipe dream until Scott Lang proposed "Operation Time Heist" to him. Scott's idea was the only reason why Tony started trying to figure out time travel in the first place. So without Scott it likely would have never happened.

-However, time traveling through the Quantum Realm was only possible because of Pym Particles. So without Hank Pym, Scott would have never used Pym Particles, would have never been stuck in the Quantum Realm, and would have never given the idea for time travel to Tony. etc. etc.

...And we found that you can 'backtrack' most of the heroes like that.

So is there one hero that all of the dots can be connected back to?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2019 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 02:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pym also helped found SHIELD. The same SHIELD that dug Cap out of the ice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 02:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ And Pym may have never known that surviving in the Quantum Realm was possible if it hadn't been for Scott.

...And Pym may have never 'recruited' Scott in the first place if it hadn't been for him wanting to keep Hope out of danger.

...And Pym may have never been so protective of Hope if it hadn't been for his wife getting lost in the Quantum Realm.

...And Janet may have never been lost in the Quantum Realm if it hadn't been for Pym/Pym Particles, which starts a funky time loop.

You can get stupidly in depth with this shit, lol.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2019 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 02:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

One thing for certain... everybody contributed more than Carl Manvers thumb up

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 04:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Howard Stark may not have been a traditional hero, but he contributed a lot not only to WW2, but he lay the foundation for Tony to become Iron Man in a sense.

I won’t say he was the most important, but I can see him been mentioned as important.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 04:54 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Hank Pym is the reason for the success of the Avengers.

No Pym Particles means no victory.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 05:29 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I do think most of the dots can be traced back to either Hank or Scott, because they are what made the whole time travel plot possible(Hank for his Pym Particles, and Scott for his knowledge/theories about the Quantum Realm.)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 06:43 PM
LordGod
The One

Hawkeye.

If he hadn't been there to keep the gauntlet moving right after Thanos' ship laid waste to Avengers HQ, the Outriders would have secured the gauntlet, given it to Thanos, and he would have remade the universe uncontested.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 06:52 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

But I guess he might not have even agreed to rejoin the Avengers if it hadn't been for Widow.

Damn this is hard laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 06:59 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ And of course, they wouldn't have even had the gauntlet in the first place if it weren't for Hank and Scott.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 07:04 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 07:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote