KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?

Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?

Incels and sexism seem to be playing a role in this hate fest.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 03:35 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

That does seem to be the go-to excuse these days.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 04:34 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
That does seem to be the go-to excuse these days.
And that seems the go-to reply from Incels.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 04:46 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Why are you upset again, Adam?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:01 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I am neither. This trilogy just has been stupid as hell. And I can give you a plethora of reasons for that. But yes, Rey is one of them. So if you want to jump on all the ST critics who demand Rey should have had more training, not been the most powerful Jedi ever for no reason, and should have faced some legit obstacles and had character development.... then sure accuse us all of being sexist.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

An old white man was behind everything the whole time.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:17 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I am neither. This trilogy just has been stupid as hell. And I can give you a plethora of reasons for that. But yes, Rey is one of them. So if you want to jump on all the ST critics who demand Rey should have had more training, not been the most powerful Jedi ever for no reason, and should have faced some legit obstacles and had character development.... then sure accuse us all of being sexist.
If Luke were written anything like Rey, he would have found a lightsaber somewhere out under some sand in ANH and then would have proceeded to kick Darth Vader's ass before ever even uttering a word to Obiwan. He would've then whooped Darth Vader's ass in ESB and ROTJ. laughing out loud

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:29 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Sexism is the reason female Ghostbusters failed, female Terminator failed, female Overboard failed, female Ocean's 11 failed, female Charlie's Angel's failed and will be the reason all-female Fight Club fails. So given all of this failure and wasted money that could have otherwise gone to something more productive like feeding the homeless, why not just start making movies that don't fail? laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 05:33 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Trocity
Why are you upset again, Adam?
Is that your go-to, friend?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 06:42 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You make bad movies, you reap the rewards. These aren't some cinematic masterpieces getting a bad rap. They're unoriginal in their plotting, they misuse actors that are capable of far better (Isaac, Boyega and Driver have all turned in critically acclaimed performances in the past, and I'm sure Ridley is at least better than what we've seen), and they did the one thing they absolutely had to avoid: They shat on the legacy of the OT characters.

And yes, the prequels are still terrible in so many ways. But they have higher highs, as rare as they are. And some imagination.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
You make bad movies, you reap the rewards. These aren't some cinematic masterpieces getting a bad rap. They're unoriginal in their plotting, they misuse actors that are capable of far better (Isaac, Boyega and Driver have all turned in critically acclaimed performances in the past, and I'm sure Ridley is at least better than what we've seen), and they did the one thing they absolutely had to avoid: They shat on the legacy of the OT characters.

And yes, the prequels are still terrible in so many ways. But they have higher highs, as rare as they are. And some imagination.

I guess the same thing could be said about the Irishman

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:55 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Is that your go-to, friend?

Just call it like I see it, Adam.

Another nap, I think.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:56 PM
steverules_2

Agreed, I was all for a female Jedi but i hated the way she was written

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:56 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I guess the same thing could be said about the Irishman

Could it? I haven't seen it. Does it continue on from another movie or series?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?

Them and Disney's silly reaction to them thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?

Originally posted by Robtard
Them and Disney's silly reaction to them thumb up

Can you expand on that

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Absolutely.

Incels went "Waaa, whaaa, whaaa! Why is a nobody street-rat of a girl more powerful in the Force than my White male heroes!?" and Disney like the chasing-the-last-dollar fools they are went "There, there, my little loudest voice incels, we'll make her a Palpatine!"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I banged my sweetheart this morning, in my bed, in my house, where we both live.

I'm not an incel.

But Darth Thor already made my point so I'll just quote him and say these are my words, too:

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Sexism is the reason female Ghostbusters failed, female Terminator failed, female Overboard failed, female Ocean's 11 failed, female Charlie's Angel's failed and will be the reason all-female Fight Club fails. So given all of this failure and wasted money that could have otherwise gone to something more productive like feeding the homeless, why not just start making movies that don't fail? laughing out loud

Dude...Charlie's Angels was always female. lol

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude...Charlie's Angels was always female. lol

Did you just assume their gender? evil face

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:53 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin

Dude, fvcking exactly! Well said! thumb up thumb up

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:58 PM
Lighter332 is currently offline Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote