KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Band of Brothers

The majority of television shows are reality based or pitches for wannabe celebrities, however Band of Brothers changed this and is one of the best pieces of television i have viewed in recent years, so much so that i splashed £50.00 or so pound on the dvd box set. A great show that had me hooked from start to finsh.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 07:02 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yeah its a great show, a bit depressing and sad at times, and the action's great.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 02:40 AM
Dirty Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I've been meaning to see this for a while. I've heard all good things about it, and IMDb also rates it very highly.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:59 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

it is very good to get an actual war feeling, I SUPPOSE (being only 19 and all)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 09:11 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Best series i had ever seen

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:32 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EOWYN3

I thought it was great. I recently bought the DVD's.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 11:51 AM
EOWYN3 is currently offline Click here to Send EOWYN3 a Private Message Find more posts by EOWYN3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
msj_shanks
Gater

band of brothers has gotta be the best world war 2 movie or mini series in history.

http://www.bebo.com/gatershanks

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 04:04 AM
msj_shanks is currently offline Click here to Send msj_shanks a Private Message Find more posts by msj_shanks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

hmmmmm maybe not, but yeah its good. For me its that german film that takes place in a U-boat. The best in my opinion. Forgot the name.

I forgot the name...

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:04 AM
Dirty Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
hmmmmm maybe not, but yeah its good. For me its that german film that takes place in a U-boat. The best in my opinion. Forgot the name.

I forgot the name...

U571

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:54 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good LORD no. Hopefully he means Das Boot.

Of whivh the series of which was better than the film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And in one of those little coincidences, I am jsut reading the original book of Das Boot, AND the film was on television here a couple of days ago and I just watched it.

The film really is just a quick summary of the series- about six hours cut down to two and a half.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 3rd, 2004 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 12:01 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yeah it was Das Boot. A very long film but the best WWII I've ever seen.
I remember starting watching it at 12am till 5am or something like that. Long but worth it, its great. When I saw it they must of shown the whole series back to back, although it didnt look like a series at the time.
U-571? Come on... sick

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, watching the whole series back to back cannot be good for your mental health!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:53 PM
scott hiwersh

Das Boot was awesome.... Wasn't there a band that did a song "Das Boot" back in the 80's and they had clips in their video??? A while back?? Anyway, Band of Brothers is one of the best at least... Isn't it airing on TV soon, I think on the History Channel. I hope at least, I don't have the DVD's and still need to see it all the way through... Good musical score on that one too.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 10:29 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Okay...why are we talking about Das Boot on a Band of Brothers thread ?

Band of Brothers was ingenious...from boot camp, till the end of the war...it was a great chronilogical story of the elite Airborne 101st.

As soon as it was out on DVD I picked it up, and have watched it numerous times...in fact...I think I am going to watch it right now.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 11:18 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

You are right... To Hell w/ Das Boot!!! J/K... But I wish I was watching Band of Brothers now... Have you ever watched it all the way through? No Breaks? You aren't otugh enough... J/K again. It is coming on history channel btw, I checked it out... starts April 11th.. they are palying one or two episodes a night in order... I cannot wait...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 07:35 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Yes I have watched all the epidodes...all 10 that is right in a row...

was a very slow weekend ! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:30 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

That is pretty tough... You could rival many LOTR fans for length of viewing capacity... I will watch an episode a night, but do not think I could handle the 10 in a row though... I will prob'ly watch all 10 when they come on in april since I don't have the DVD's...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 06:43 PM
greyboy

I just caught this thread....thats freaking awesome. I've just been too damn broke to buy the box set so this will def be a treat. Thanks for the info!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 09:25 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

This is the first I've heard of this. Great news! Thanks for posting.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 11:14 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote