KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica
Started by: matchbox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
matchbox

Battlestar Galactica- New Season

I watch it on Sky and i think the show is really good and **different**!!!

I like different!

I think the whole cylons as humans thing is ok, but it has really good drama and it is not all about been in space and on the run. Its more about been a survior, and staying alive. I like it

Am i alone in my liking of this show?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 09:48 PM
matchbox is currently offline Click here to Send matchbox a Private Message Find more posts by matchbox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Much as i hate to admit this - I've been watching this new "re-imagining" of BSG and it's oddly good.

Dark, gritty and bleak bleak bleak... not what I expected at all... I'm not "hooked" or a fan: but I'm tuning in every week and enjoying the hell out of it.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that we are getting it in the Uk before the USA. Makes a nice change...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 05:26 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Seen the ads for it, and I want to see it, it looks brilliant.

A cross between Star Wars and Stargate SG1, on first appearances, it's got my attention already.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 05:34 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

its good, but it is a bit early to be hucked on it, just yet. the storys are taking shape and it has a few good ideas.

its not so much about been in space as you would exspect. it kind of has the same sence of humor as stargate, but it needs to establish the characters before it can really get into eveyrthing.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 05:40 PM
matchbox is currently offline Click here to Send matchbox a Private Message Find more posts by matchbox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
Originally posted by matchbox
its good, but it is a bit early to be hucked on it, just yet. the storys are taking shape and it has a few good ideas.

its not so much about been in space as you would exspect. it kind of has the same sence of humor as stargate, but it needs to establish the characters before it can really get into eveyrthing.

I really want to see this. It's airing on sci fi in January and I can hardly wait. I'm getting an idea of the storyline, but I'm trying not to spoil myself too much. I hear the space battles are pretty intense? The mini-series was pretty cool...hoping they might re-air before the series starts...maybe around the time of Earthsea.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:21 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

the whole show is really 'rough'. there is alot of steady-cam and handy-cam shooting. The battle scenes are good, but it has some decent acting in it as well!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:34 PM
ariwin

I LOVED the bsg miniseries. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I think the cross b/w star wars and star gate is fair.

Scifi's really hitting this stuff on the money. Looks like Earthsea's going to be incredible as well.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 09:46 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

whats this earthsea that everyone is talking about?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 09:49 PM
vagaryatwill

quote:
whats this earthsea that everyone is talking about?

Earthsea is a miniseries that's coming out in December. Remember the books by Ursala Le Guin? They are some good ones....check this trailer that was just released. It's pretty sweet.

link

I hear the camera work is kinda unique in BSG. I'm digging that. Can't wait to see it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:25 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

yeah the camera work is like constantyl moving and 'rough', gives the show a good look!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:42 PM
vagaryatwill

quote:
yeah the camera work is like constantyl moving and 'rough', gives the show a good look!

Cool. You don't see a whole lot of stuff out there right now that break from the norm with the unique camera work. Should be interesting. Did you ever see old episodes of the original from the 70s? I haven't, but just curious how they compare to the new one.

did you check out that Earthsea stuff?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:58 PM
matchbox

i havent seen the orginal season, but its in hmv for like £25 for the whole season i might buy it just to see what its like.

yeah i did check out the earthsea stuff, it looks good and its got loads of decent actors in it!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 08:37 PM
ariwin

Earthsea looks great -- not only is it loaded w/ A class actors but it doesn't look like sci fi spared an expense to make this.

I have my calender marked (literally) to see this...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:52 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Any idea where I can find a clip or two of either of the first two eps of Battlestar? I'm not trying to give myself too much, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little sneak peak.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 07:10 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by vagaryatwill
Did you ever see old episodes of the original from the 70s? I haven't, but just curious how they compare to the new one.

The old BSG was beyond crappy. It's almost unwatchable. The new BSG is done in an almost documentary style way with lots of long takes and unsteady camera work.

Warning: Its not action - packed, it's all about character and pressure. No background music, lots of drama. Its getting better and better. Much as it pains me to say so I think it's the best sci-fi Tv show Ive seen in years.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 07:20 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Holy cow, this show really exceeded my expectations.

You can tell the budget is a bit, erm, "budgetty", but the show itself is very good. Brilliant characters, cool story.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 07:50 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
The old BSG was beyond crappy. It's almost unwatchable. The new BSG is done in an almost documentary style way with lots of long takes and unsteady camera work.

Warning: Its not action - packed, it's all about character and pressure. No background music, lots of drama. Its getting better and better. Much as it pains me to say so I think it's the best sci-fi Tv show Ive seen in years.

Well that's encouraging that you say it may be the best sci fi show you've seen in a while. Glad the sci fi channel is getting it over here. I think they've done pretty well with most of their recent stuff. With BSG and the Earthsea miniseries coming up, guess the trend will remain.

I havent' heard BSG described as a documentary. That's interesting. Can't wait to check it out. BTW, how do you like the character change of Starbuck?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:02 PM
matchbox

i think its just going to turn into a jack/sam thing like in stargate, between her and apollo. cos they are both in the milatry and they are not meant to have relationships with their officers.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 09:49 PM
vagaryatwill

quote:
i think its just going to turn into a jack/sam thing like in stargate, between her and apollo. cos they are both in the milatry and they are not meant to have relationships with their officers.

true. could be.

How much of the ship have you seen in the first 4 eps? Just wondering how that looks in the new series.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 10:50 PM
matchbox

very little of the actually ship from the extrior, its alot more about the people inside the ship. but looks alright basically.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:27 PM