KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Cape

The Cape
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Cape

premieres sunday night on NBC, followed by an encore presentation on monday.. then moves into regular timeslot Jan 17 at 9pm pst..

cast list

is this worth it??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 09:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Might watch it if I remember. Not holding my breath though.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 02:42 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Might watch it if I remember. Not holding my breath though.

me neither, summer glau might not save this

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 03:21 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 04:35 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Damn, 3 out of 10! Thats bad, right? lol

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 09:41 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I normally disagree with IGN, so I'll still tune in.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 11:17 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just watched.. storyline wise, could have better.. james frain's contacts were decent.. love summer glau though

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 07:02 AM
Darth Vicious

Missed the first 30-40 minutes. Really didn't care for none of the supporting characters. Summer Glau didnt do much for me. I'll watch one or two more episodes.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:35 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I thought it was pretty damn entertaining. Definitely watching it next week

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:42 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched a bit over half, was ****ing retarded. Doubt it will go Season 2.

Glau is hot.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 01:01 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Watched it... Was ok, i guess...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 04:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I watched the first part, couldn't force myself to watch the second hour.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 08:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
me neither, summer glau might not save this
Has she ever saved anything? Everything she touches gets canceled, even the good shows like 4400. This show is horrible and it's days are numbered.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 04:54 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the second show.. tepid at best..

Originally posted by I-Drop
Has she ever saved anything? Everything she touches gets canceled, even the good shows like 4400. This show is horrible and it's days are numbered.

Yep

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 07:41 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

It is super cheesy, the villains look like they should be fighting Dick Tracy...

Which I kind of like actually. embarrasment

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 08:01 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

this show suck diddly ucked! the hero is constantly getting his ass handed to him. It's like a really really really bad batman. He totally reminds me of Mysterion from south park! the only thing worth while to watch on this show is Summer Glau. but unfortanetly everything she has been in has been in has been cancelled she just can't get a break to be in a show that lasts a few seasons.
firefly
terminator
doll house
now this

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 10:13 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I saw Part 1, and I'm not sure why it's HATED, but I will agree that it has a hell of a lot of problems. I see what it is trying to do, but the biggest issue (no pun intended) is that it is incredibly generic. The main villain has no reason to really exist, the plot is too straightforward, and the hero is too cookie cutter, as are the sidekicks.
What bothers me is how shows like these were made by "comic fans (many claiming Silver Age)," and yet the cliches and tropes they use are not actually in the classic comics, especially Silver Age. Older comics were extremely fantastical with no precise stream of ideas, and while there were definitely "Villains of the month," the villains were normally extremely original and fun, even when the power was done by another villain previously. Shows like "The Cape" think comics are straightforward, when really they're the opposite.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 11:26 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Just started on part 2, and a piece of me just died when the Cape said "sup dawg?"

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:29 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by darthmaul1
firefly

I'd blame FOX for cancelling that one

they would'nt know quality if it came and bit them on their arses.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:56 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

The episode "Scales" was quite an improvement. There are still problems, but not as many, now with the addition of good moments. Vinnie Jones was really over-the-top, but it made for some fun scenes. I'd say that this show is a guilty pleasure or a weekday morning viewer, and I will tune in from time to time.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 04:38 PM