KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » MTV Skins

MTV Skins
Started by: ADarksideJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

MTV Skins

Beside the actors and actesses being all underage do you think it makes teens want to do the stuff they do on that show or not?To me it does for no one is really facing any side efforts of using drugs and so on.What are your thoughts?

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 01:54 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I think shows like Teen Mom inspires teens and young adults to try and have children at an early age. They see these 15 year olds and what not having and raising children, and think they can do it also.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 10:21 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I argee and because of that both shows should be not on tv anymore.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 03:03 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you don't like it, don't watch the bloody thing. Why shouldn't it be on television...

I don't know about the American version, but the British original series is into its 5th series here, and it is well liked.

Welcome to the real world - teenagers have sex, take drugs, get drunk and so on.

If you have a problem with this sort of thing, don't watch Skins, quite simple isn't it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:03 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have seen a few shows.. the cast should take acting lessons

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I just looked up MTV Skins and I didn't realize you were talking about an actual show. I was just mentioning MTV's Teen Mom, but I've never heard of Skins until now. Apparently the ratings haven't been doing so good here though.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 07:50 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I had stopped watching it after seeing one of them.My point is that it should be teaching teens a lesson on drugs and sex and not be pushing it on kids.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 02:38 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why should it? it's not a documentary. Not the makers fault that their FICTIONAL show might influence some idiotic teenagers who can't think for themselves to copy the characters in the show.

Saying that, the British version of Skins shows negative effects of taking drugs and so on.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:51 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

The American one should do that as well.And almost all teens are idiotics so that is not saying much.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 05:16 PM
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The American one should do that as well.And almost all teens are idiotics so that is not saying much.

True

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 06:56 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
And almost all teens are idiotics so that is not saying much.

Don't judge and lump teenagers together.

Last edited by MildPossession on Mar 21st, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 12:32 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am not just ones that I see at my job where they talk about drugs and who is doing who and makeout infront of everyone.It is hard to not call teens stupid when they act that way.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 01:46 PM
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

yea I know what you're saying, I was one of them

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 02:18 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I am not just ones that I see at my job where they talk about drugs and who is doing who and makeout infront of everyone.It is hard to not call teens stupid when they act that way.

Well those are the teenagers at your work...

Teenagers have been doing all this kind of stuff before Skins came about.

Always blame the media...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 03:07 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I haven't seen more than the first episode...

It wasn't bad, it just that it was a faulty carbon copy of the original. the exact same plot and dialogue, just off... and highly censored

I've read the other episodes summaries, and they haven't stretch themselves far from the original plot at all, just some minor changes and characters (instead of traveling to Russia for a road trip, they go to Canada no expression )... it makes it all bad...

It's a tame take on the original, and that's what makes it suck

That said, I can't believed the outrage the shows seems to be causing in the States... I think the original was airing in BBC America... but it seems North-Americans won't be able to stand it if you can't even take a water-downed version.

MTV should just canceled this bastardized version and continue airing the original... see if their audiences can take a 5+ year old show that's probably the cause why brits are all wrong stick out tongue

I think I heard they were gonna make a movie, and the first generation will show up, can't wait for that big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 03:57 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

What time is this shown on televisions in America, the remake series?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 04:47 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by MildPossession
What time is this shown on televisions in America, the remake series?

that depends, here in califronia mtv shows skins first at 7pm then again at 10 pm

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 06:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

7pm?! The original would never get shown at 7pm unless they cut A LOT out.

It's shown after the watershed here, the series that has just finished goes out at 10pm, it must be much tamer than the UK series, and people are still complaining about it?!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by MildPossession
7pm?! The original would never get shown at 7pm unless they cut A LOT out.

It's shown after the watershed here, the series that has just finished goes out at 10pm, it must be much tamer than the UK series, and people are still complaining about it?!

oh yeah its tame.. well you know how people complain about things when they have either not even watched it themselves or get on some sort of soapbox just to hear themselves talk

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 09:07 PM
Mindset

Hopefully it ruins the youth.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:03 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote