KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Maul's fatal mistake?

Darth Maul's fatal mistake?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Maul's fatal mistake?

ok...part of a jedi or sith's powers are being able to sense danger, any immediate threat to them, right? in ep 2, why didnt darth maul sense that obiwan was about to spring up, flip, call quigons lightsaber to him, and bisect him?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

probably the same reason QGJ didnt see the move Maul made before getting runthrough. You cant predict the future "always in motion the future is"

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 10:32 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and if you have this "spiderman danger sense" it would go like crazy already because you are already facing your foe

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 10:40 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, Maul would have known there was always danger from a not-dead opponent. And his arrogance was most likely blinding him, too.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 26th, 2003 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 11:41 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

sure was

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 12:48 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

his overconfidence was his weakness

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

something more and more common amongst evil sith wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 03:35 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Re: Darth Maul's fatal mistake?

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ok...part of a jedi or sith's powers are being able to sense danger, any immediate threat to them, right? in ep 2, why didnt darth maul sense that obiwan was about to spring up, flip, call quigons lightsaber to him, and bisect him?

Probably as he was dead in ep 2

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 04:02 PM
Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well spotted that man...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yeah

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry about the typo....EPISODE 1, BETTER????? and i agree with ush, maul was too busy gloating to notice anything out of the ordinary.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

This might be a little off the topic RJ but I just wondered, in reference to Jedi/Sith being able to sense things...why, in Ep2 when Obi-Wan is sneaking around on Geonosis, doesn't Dooku sense him?? I mean he's RIGHT there...I don't get it huh

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

they just made it that way, or else he would have senced Mace sneaking up on them in hte arena as well.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:50 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Oh yeah, oh...ok, oops embarrasment
Thanx finti thumb up

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

but both times dooku was preoccupied with several people.....

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:52 AM
finti

so was Vader in the hangar of DS in ANH

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:53 AM
Dexx
wingless

yeah, overconfidence was his man flaw
quote:
Originally posted by finti
probably the same reason QGJ didnt see the move Maul made before getting runthrough.

even if he would have seen it, there was nothing he could do. He would have been dead EVENTUALLY. maul was simply the better dueler.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

but vader was occupied with only one person, obi wan.......dooku had a bit more on his plate.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 05:18 AM
finti

Vader had just the as many around him as Dooku had when Mace snook up on them so............

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 06:32 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

there were stormtroopers there, yes..but his attention was on obiwan.....

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 06:52 AM