KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Prophecy

Prophecy
Started by: DJ Velocity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DJ Velocity
The one and only

Prophecy

Sorry to rake over old coals

I have just been reading about Ragnarok. In Norse mythology, this is the apocalypse. It sounds quite like what is is happening with Jedi Vs Sith. Good Vs Evil. Basically the whole world will be engulfed in darkness and destruction as the Gods fight the bad guys and the leader of the baddies eventually destroys Heaven and Earth. A few Gods will survive and eventually replenish the world.

The funny thing is the analogies. The Jedi Council seems to be the Gods, knowing of the prophecy, who will kill who, what happens etc, but are unable to do anything about.

The few surviving Gods (Ben & Yoda)

Replenishing the Earth/Galaxy of people/Jedi (Luke)

There are many others. I suggest looking into it if you want another perspective on the whole prophecy.

Could GL be looking at Norse Mythology for his ideas.

Sorry though, no mention of disappearing Gods when they die big grin

Last edited by DJ Velocity on Aug 21st, 2001 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 02:29 PM
Click here to Send DJ Velocity a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Velocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

It is known that GL searchs in old and new mythologies to get inspiration for his movies, even other movies are watched by GL for this

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 03:29 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DJ Velocity
The one and only

I am well aware that Lucas uses many forms or mythology and religion. My point is, is he using "Norse" Mythology to explain elements of the prophecy.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 03:59 PM
Click here to Send DJ Velocity a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Velocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I know that. He used other stuff also that you didn't mentioned from the Norse mytholegy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 04:54 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Like what, yerssot?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:10 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I am not that familiar with Norse stuff,
but on the official site was something about Odin and another god, the official site is a guess, it could be also on the BTM-cd, in any case, on an official source

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:19 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Alrighty then.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:24 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'll try to find it back, but it will take a long time, my computer at home just had his monthly crash

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:27 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

That sucks.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's more Greek than Norse, though Ragnarok has entered basic mythology so totally that it would be near impossible for SW to not be influenced at all by it.

There were far more Evil Giants than Sith, of course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

GL does take in a lot of elements of meany mythologoies and theologies to build his universe.

Then agin, which so much stuff out there, he could be trying to be original and just happeneing to match uyp along the way???

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote