KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Lucas May do 7,8 and 9

Lucas May do 7,8 and 9
Started by: MasterSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MasterSkywalker

Lucas May do 7,8 and 9

i read it in my TV guide booklit today and he might start working on them 10 years after Episode III is out. but he said its a maybe just dont count your hopes up yet. we might have our selfs The Lucas we all want to back and i hope he deos do them it will take place 40 years after ROTJ Luke is an elder Jedi Like ben was in ANH and Liea as well. it will show Lukes Son and his Kid i see it now Episode 7: A New Threat where it opens up with Ben Skywalker and his wife just get back from there honymoon but they are attacked by a Sith Infotroar and Jett Li will play Darth Azreal and hes been under the guidence of the ghost of Darth Sidious/Palpatine and Han gets killed along with Lando Mara Jade and Ben gets tempted to join the Darkside tell em your guys ideas for 7, 8, and 9.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 09:47 AM
Click here to Send MasterSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by MasterSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

a lot of rumors has been spread about this, and it'sn not true (normally)

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 10:07 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, you need somethung quite major to give a rumour like that credibility, when you compare it to the man himself who keeps saying he's only doing six.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

certainly not with 40 years between ROTJ and the new one

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 10:28 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I was told that the TV guide said that Lucas would work on 'More Movies', these are NOT STAR WARS. More likely Indy 4, amongst other things.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

isn't that already in the writing phase?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 09:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, for a long time now. Several people have been writing scripts for an Indy 4. Spielberg, Lucas and Ford have agreed that they must unanimously like the script, if one doesn't there's no Indy 4. And that is still the current status. It may still go either way.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 09:24 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read the TV guide thing too and what he said was

"Each time I do a trilogy its 10 years out of my life. I'll finish Episode 3 and I'll be 60. And the next 20 years after that I want to spend doing something other than Star Wars. If at 80 I'm still lively anf having a good time and think I can work hard for another 10 years between 80 and 90, i might consider it. But don't count on it. Ther's nothing written, and its not like I'm completing something. I'd have to start from scratch. [The idea of episodes VII, VIII, and IX] was more of a media thing than it was me."

"You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body."-C.S.Lewis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 10:08 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you see! no ep VIII-IX!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 10:13 PM
KJ
Sausages

A T.V show is what we need! 90 minute specials from different time periods and showing different characters and conflicts in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 02:51 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GL is allergic to tv since the Holiday Special.

Also, this would mean, at some point, some REALLY bad episodes. And I don't know why but that would sully the whole thing for me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

What about Young Indy? It was a huge success.

I know what you mean but I don't think it would take anything away from the films. As long as they stayed away from that story.

It would be great to see stroies about the Huts or Bounty hunters or stories about the Jedi and Sith before TPM.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:08 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indy Jones or not, GL had made it clear that proper Star Wars tv isn't happening in his lifetime.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:11 PM
KJ
Sausages

When did he say that?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A long time ago now. it was when they were pushing for t SW tv series in the mid 80's.

I don;t think he has had much reason to change his mind, though.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok the last quote I can find about Lucasfilm and tv series is from Summer 1996. Lucasfilm said- when asked about a possible SW tv series, that George Lucas:

1. Did not think that tv could do Star Wars justice (effects and so on)
2. Did not want to saturate the market with Star Wars.

Now obviously, what with all the merchandising and so forth, what he must mean by that second comment is that he wanted to keep proper, filmed, canonical Star Wars down to a minimum.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 25th, 2001 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:28 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

and that's positive. there was absolutely no good parts of the holiday special.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 03:34 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

If there were T.V shows it would be nothing like the Holiday Special, whcih I haven't seen yet.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 04:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, they would have to be TRYING to make it crap to make any tv series THAT bad...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 05:00 PM
yerssot

I hope it will never come to a serie! that would kill it all!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 06:33 PM