KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » an essay!!!

an essay!!!
Started by: He-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
He-Man

an essay!!!

Hi folks, I'm new around here.

Ok heres my problem:
I gotta write an essay to school for Thursday!!!
I can't change the subject anymore which is ofcource star wars and the words don't really come out of my head. So could anyone of you folks help me about this. I don't know what to write so I was thinking of cheating and copying a good one from internet and just translating it to my language, but I can't find anything.

So does anyone of you dudes know where to find a good one cause I'm not very good at this?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 07:51 PM
Click here to Send He-Man a Private Message Find more posts by He-Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyEowyn
found

do you just have to write about star wars in general, or how they made the movies, or the characters? What exactly about star wars do you have to write about?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 07:55 PM
Click here to Send LadyEowyn a Private Message Find more posts by LadyEowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

Ok I didn't mean to put this here cause it's definetly not epII related and I don't know how to move this thing so sorry sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 07:56 PM
Click here to Send He-Man a Private Message Find more posts by He-Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

I have to write it abou star wars in general. About 10 pages

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 07:59 PM
LadyEowyn
found

its better to send private messages to those who can recieve them... but you really dont know any one.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 08:04 PM
Click here to Send LadyEowyn a Private Message Find more posts by LadyEowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

talk FX, talk history of SW, etc. a lot of background

btw, translate it? what's your first/main language?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 10:01 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

ok here goes i did a-level english so here are some pointers.

1 symbolism. sw's is full of symbolism. i.e. the difference between he original 3 and then new 3. the old 3 are more barren especially in terms of settings, highlighting the effect the emperor has had upon the galaxy. in esb things begin to go wrong when c3po is in pieces.
2 the heroes journey. nearly all of the main characters in sw's have been given a predefined life that has been determined by fate. i.e even before they were born their life had been planned and it was almost certain that there life would follow that path.
3 say how it has laid the path down for films from today. look carefully at the matrix for example. that relies on the idea of the chosen one etc. it has also infuenced modern day cultures.
4 despite all the pain, suffering and evil, good always wins in the end, if only in the broader context.
5 it has one of the greatest twists in movie history.
6 some people think that the characters names are very important. (i don't, yerssot can point you towards a thread where this point is argued to death.)
7 its the classic story of the most unimportant person in the galaxy becoming the saviour. (both anakin and luke)
8 it emphasises how greed can take over you and control your life and become your downfall.
9 it was a ground breaking film for its time, i.e. sfx and the scale of it.
10 it relies heavily upon the viewers imagination, i.e. despite all the pain and anguish people go through you hardly see any of it on the screen.

that will do for now, feel free to message me if you don't understand any of this.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 10:50 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

I'll sure try to make somethig out of this myself even if I can't cheat, but if any of you have seen a starwars essay on the www then please tell me. And if you haven't, then i'm sure you guys know a good site where I could find something cause I don't know where to look for. There was nothing on starwars.com and that's the only site I know.

And the language is finnish(not that you really need to know).

I found a lot of starwars related stuff on the web but it would be so much easier to copy one already made and that's the way I've always done it.

well I gues i'll go back searching. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 02:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Cheaters never prosper...

Especially ones that live in the Toilet...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 05:33 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 06:06 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

Prosper???

It's my english skills again. I don't even know what it means but I'm sure I don't do that as you said.

And may I ask what's wrong with living in toilet??? I mean it's an enormous pleasure to just sit there and bend that thing out of your ass.

And there's nothing wrong with cheating either as long as you don't get caught stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 06:44 PM
yerssot

prosper=to florish (spelling)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 06:47 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That's not living in a toilet, that living ON a toilet.

And if your a Star Wars fan, you'd be able to right up an essay on at least one person that worked on it, like George Lucas. Doi!!!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 07:39 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

boy, are you touchy today...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 07:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

My brother's pissing me off and I'm bored.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 08:15 PM
He-Man

And if my location is a toilet it doesn't mean I live in a toilet even if that's what it might seem like sometimes.

I don't know what it means if you florish either, but you
don't have to tell me cause I got it's something bad. Well I'm badsad

I guess I'm gonna have to make the essay myself after all if you can't tell me a good site where to copy it from. sad You know the biggest problem in this universe is I am not very good at writing anything (as you can all see) so I cheat and I always get good numbers when I cheat so that's what I usually do. I don't know how can I pull this off cause I suck.

I dunno can I remove the ''What about'' thread which I didn't mean to make so somebody please remove it if you can and move this thing to the Starwars IV-Vi, I place where I really ment to make this. I belive Ratcat is the right man to do this.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 08:16 PM
yerssot

ask a mod, but they're not around now

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 08:33 PM
Julie
The Student

What a life roll eyes (sarcastic)

He-man, listen to sand person. English teachers love symbolism and themes. Good vs evil; David vs Goliath(small vs. big); etc

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

Yeah I'm sure english teachers love all that, but I'll have to do the essay for the finnish class so I don't really care what english teacheres like.

And sure I'll listen to Sand Person now, I just thought you guys would know a good site where to copy the thing. Well I guess there isn't any so it was a stupid thing to post these forums about this thing.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 11:52 AM
LanceWindu

He-Man you said something about just copying and pasting a report done by some other person on the web, isn't that plagerism?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 03:05 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote