KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sidious' duels (possible spoiler warnings!!)

Sidious' duels (possible spoiler warnings!!)
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Sidious' duels (possible spoiler warnings!!)

well, the new plot summary came out on shadow of the sith and if it can be believed, the news they just cranked out is fantastic.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: apparently obi-wan and anakin will be alone on the separatist ship in the beginning. however, when Mace Windu confronts Palpatine, he is accompanied by Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, and three other Jedi. Palpatine actually slaughters them all himself using his saber and lightning while anakin runs windu through!!! This combined with the Yoda duel make this one awsome sidious movie!

So does that kick ass or what?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

If true, the movie just keeps getting better and better. Can we buy tickets yet?! smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:48 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chapel

do you think that sidious uses a double bladed sabre like Maul? someone must have taugh maul how to use one.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

no, they showed his saber on hyperspace. I'd like someone to use a lightwhip though

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

can we see it please?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 04:37 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

wait did you say lightwhip? id really doubt it. is that an EU thing or something?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 04:38 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ask someone who collects hyperspace photos, there are lots of em on these threads. I don't have it saved to my pc. as for the lightwhip question, a lightwhip is a standard whip surrounded by a field of energy similar to that of a light saber. it's hardly ever used because it is extremely dangerous and few are skilled enough to wield it. It was used by an EU character named Shira Brie. she was an imperial spy used to discredit luke skywalker. he unwittingly shot her fighter down. The empire bionically repaired her. afterwards she became an emperor's hand and vader's secret sith apprentice, Darth Lumiya.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 04:52 PM
bigsef3

That spoiler is actually totally wrong. It is a combination of spoilers, however. On the separatist ship, Palpatine is (supposedly) restrained in a chair, taken prisioner. Anakin and Dooku fight and Anakin kills Dooku. Anakin and Obi-wan rescue Palpatine. After all this, Anakin becomes Palpatines bodyguard. Much later in the movie, the Jedi confront Palpatine about this, and Anakin kills Mace. Yoda learns of this and confronts Palpatine/Sideous. It is only at this point that we see Sideous bust out his lightsaber.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 05:27 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Personally, I think it will ruin it to see Sidious use a lightsaber, as I always thought that he was more of a sith than a dark jedi, and would not have any need for a lightsaber, as he is planning to take over the republic by political means and is not planning on fighting any jedi, but he only uses his force lightning and other force powers to destroy any jedi who oppose him, as well as using his followers (vader, maul, empire, etc...) to destroy his enemies.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:22 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

It is a mistake, but it was also a mistake to give yoda a lightsaber. I guess in GL's mind, all jedi/sith have and are able to use lightsabers. It's his baby, so let's just hope he can make it as beleivable as possible.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:25 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I still think that Sidious should remain just a mamber of the sith religion, rather than a dark jedi.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:46 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

well when i heard that yoda would have a lightsabre, imust admit that i was pretty skeptical. so if they made it look good with yoda, im sure theyll do it good with sithman

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:52 PM
Shadowkiller

Sidious using a light saber wont ruin anything.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

DS primary weapon will be the lightning i think, but hes well versed in sabre dualling if it came down to it.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:50 PM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

obi-wan and anakin are alone on the ship, mace confronts palpatine with a group of jedi

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 03:02 AM
Darth Quagmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

here is the pic of sidious's saber

[attachment deleted]

Last edited by Tex on Feb 26th, 2004 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Quagmire a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Quagmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:24 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote