KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » New Darth Vader Picture!!

New Darth Vader Picture!!
Started by: gambit420

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gambit420
Ultra Member

Shocked New Darth Vader Picture!!

Pretty sweet huh?

Attachment: vader_insider.jpg
This has been downloaded 690 time(s).

Old Post May 6th, 2004 04:53 PM
Click here to Send gambit420 a Private Message Find more posts by gambit420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

Where did you get that one ?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Vader Raider a Private Message Find more posts by Vader Raider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

This picture was posted some time ago here. I even reposted it, after using a paint program to lighten it up. If you look at the pic that I uploaded, you will see that Vader is sitting in a pretty wicked looking chair.

I still can't tell if this is a legitimate pic or not.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:00 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonx
CoMe To ThE DaRkSiDe

still looks cool 2 me big grin thnks

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:02 PM
Click here to Send dragonx a Private Message Find more posts by dragonx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

The helmet dome seems to be the same as the ANH in this pic with the widows peak and the face is like ROTJ with the larger bottom vent,Kind of like a blending of the two...

The chest box looks to be the same as the pic with Mousy Mc Callum..

Very Interesting wink

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Vader Raider a Private Message Find more posts by Vader Raider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

Does anybody have a clearer larger pic of this ?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:12 PM
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

i really dont think its real

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

Well That is why I would like a clearer or bigger pic, It is VERY hard to reproduce the ANH dome...

I would be able to tell if it was the real dome or not..

For now though this pic looks VERY good and matches the other pics I have seen...

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:43 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

but in one of the web docs, one of the designers points out that in ANH Vader's robes go over the chest plate, where in ESB and ROTJ, the robes go under it. They were saying that they'd go more ANH. In this pic, the robes go under the chestplate, how do we know this isn't from one of those art shows of Star Wars memorabillia like the one in Japan right now, or a Celebration/Convention like setting? I.e.-where is this pic really from? a magazine? website?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:01 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

That is true that ANHs under robe went over the chest plate but that doesn't mean they actually did it for EP3 though,
Look at this pic it is UNDER the armor ?

(please log in to view the image)

You can also see him holding the helmet under his right arm...

Last edited by Vader Raider on May 6th, 2004 at 06:07 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:04 PM
mephistodesigns

I put it in photoshop and messed with different effects to get a little better idea what's going on. He clearly has a trim around the neck of the cape, you can see that in the provided pic. He's missing the cod piece, perhaps only because he's sitting down? I have never seen his chest panel as all pink/red like that. This very well could be new. There is a very odd chair behind him which is sort of in the same design style as Grevious, his hetchmen, and the ship interiors we've seen, implying that perhaps it is a modern design. However, Lucas said that he would reveal Vader on the OT DVD's. So how did this get out sooo early? and there is the pic of the helmet with the latex hayden head in it, obviously for a fitting. Has anyone compared the two helmets yet?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:07 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

yeah in that pic its under...now, keep in mind they could be shooting tv ads for the OT DVD's as well. Is that from an Episode III webcam?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:08 PM
Vader Raider

Here are some of the pics we have so far..

They pretty much seem to match up

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:11 PM
Darth_Duffy

is that anakin or a manakin in that last shot? stick out tongue

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

It is a casting of Anakins head to fit the helmet correctly

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:23 PM
.:Vegeta14:.
''Super-Saiyan''

kinda cool...

THE PRINCE OF EVIL...!

I Will Galit Gun Your Ass!!!

Cool People:
Exa, Kit, sauron, mw741 and others...

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:26 PM
Click here to Send .:Vegeta14:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:Vegeta14:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

judging from the one with the latex anakin head, it's not gonna look like it does in ANH because the dome is much more proportional to the head and there's no point at the center of the widow's peak. I think its weird to have it look more like ESB and ROTJ. Its going to further distance ANH visually from the series as a whole.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:38 PM
mephistodesigns

I wonder why they went with trim on the cape and no codpiece. wierd.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:39 PM
Vader Raider

Here is a pic of the ROTJ Vader, The trim on the cape is on the ROTJ Vader... Looks very similar huh.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:53 PM
mephistodesigns

i don't see any trim, nor have I ever seen it the billions of times I've watched to movie and studied image after image of Vader in books and magazines.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:58 PM