KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakins Saber in ANH

Anakins Saber in ANH
Started by: bILLYgOAT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Anakins Saber in ANH

remember the scene in ANH
Ben "which reminds me, your father wanted you to have this
its a lightsaber the weapon of a jedi."

Does anyone know how and when in EP III Anakin says to Obi
"give this lightsaber to my son".?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:10 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

prob b4 he falls into the lava pit...but thats my opinion...so dont judge

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:12 PM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

Good point

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:35 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Perhaps he just said the positive things...

- "You father wanted you to have it ...."
- *Silently in his mind* "If he wasn't Darth Vader."

I think Ben was just trying to persuade Luke to get involved with his past gently.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I believe Sesse is right, I mean... if Vader knew Luke was his offspring and that he would form a danger to him, he would have killed him, not given him a lightsabre

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:47 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

He probably gave his old litesaber the blue to obiwan when he fell to the darkside and kept the red one as the sith. i really don't know but i could be wrong.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's that it went like:
"hey Obi-Wan, ... gonna dive into the darkside, here's my sabre, won't need it again"
blink

if he gave it, it was forced to him, not out of free will

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:55 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

or ani uses 2 sabers. 1 red 1 blue. obi cuts anis hand off which is holding the blue saber. when ani is engulfed in lava, obi takes the saber knowing where it will go to...

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 25th, 2004 08:07 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
hey Obi-Wan, ... gonna dive into the darkside, here's my sabre, won't need it again"
yeah cause we siths use bad ass red ones not those sissy blueish

Old Post May 25th, 2004 08:18 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
schill142
Boondock Saint

This thread raises the question if OB1 meets Anakin after the Duel. Perhaps that is why he instantly recognizes Anakin/Darth in his armor in A New Hope.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 08:21 PM
Click here to Send schill142 a Private Message Find more posts by schill142 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odde Raciir

This was not the one and only lie that Obi Wan says to Luke. He lied about other things, why don't lie about the light saber?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Odde Raciir a Private Message Find more posts by Odde Raciir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Obi-Wan didn't lie...he told the truth "from a certain point of view".

I don't think Anakin actually made the request, Obi-Wan just said that to honor the spirit of the good man he once knew as Lukes father. Its interesting to me that Anakins fierce love of his mother is both one of his most virtuous qualities and one of the first steps in his path to the dark side.

In short, I think Obi-Wan saw these virtuous qualities in Anakin, and knew the Anakin he knew as a youth WOULD want his son to have his lightsaber.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I never understood the line in ROTJ when Palpatine says to Luke "I see you have constructed a new lightsabre, much like your fathers", when it actually looks nothing like any lightsabre his father ever owned.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:11 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ok peeps....this is what I heard regarding that whole lightsaber thing. During the big battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin, Anakin drops it or something right before he falls into the lava. At that point Obi-Wan picks it up thinking Anakin is dead and keeps it to and then ends up giving it to Luke. Seems to me I read or saw this at the offical site or on a dvd extra...because Lucas was careful to make sure it is identical to the one originally used by Luke in ANH. I remember Lucas saying something to the effect...now you sure thats the one from A New Hope?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 11:59 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenox
TSEEEW!

quote:
Originally posted by spadesmamma61
At that point Obi-Wan picks it up thinking Anakin is dead and keeps it to and then ends up giving it to Luke.

I thought it was Obi-Wan that rescued Anakin from the rock shelf just above the lava. *shrug*

Old Post May 26th, 2004 01:25 AM
Click here to Send kenox a Private Message Find more posts by kenox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well from what I've heard, it's either some Storm troopers or Sidious' minions who rescue Anakin from the lava.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

probably anikin was trying to pull him self up and obiwan was helping him and anikin was in so much pain that his bloody hand sliped and obi wan coulden't hold on and saw him fall in to the lava while sith troopers were down there with dooku a pulled him out while he was suffering.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Interesting theory, but Dooku won't be there. wink

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

You know before the prequels ever started - I don't know about you people but I always had the picture of Anakin being "taken over" pretty quickly by the dark side.

As the prequels have shown, the story was much slower, with Anakin becoming angrier.

Now, I'd accept the whole "fall to the dark side" thing if it happened really quickly (like Isildur in Lord Of The Rings), but now it just looks like Anakin is some muppet who was just angry from the get go, and wasn't man enough to shut up.

So, therefore, where does the "good" Anakin end and "evil" Darth Vader begin?

In the OT it seems as though there were two moments in Anakins life - that of being completely-good Anakin, and being completely-evil Darth Vader - and we all now know this is not the case, as the Anakin character is stuck in between the two in his teenage years.

So - why does Obi-Wan think fondly of Anakin - as though he was always a good man, when he wasn't? Anakin doesnt exactly "fall", so much as "crawl" into the dark side?

Doesn't this mean that the last time Ani was a "true good guy" like Obi-Wan, was when he was like five years old?

Just a random thought. I was just thinking about the whole Anakin as a ghost at the end of ROTJ - and was wonderring which Anakin should actually be a ghost - kid Ani - Teen Ani - or post Vader Ani?

Old Post May 26th, 2004 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arayah
TSEEEW!

In the books, Obi-Wan says that Anakin was Vader the moment he came out of the lava...

Old Post May 27th, 2004 01:09 AM
Click here to Send arayah a Private Message Find more posts by arayah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote