KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Ep 3 novelization?

Ep 3 novelization?
Started by: Creechuur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Ep 3 novelization?

Does anyone know whos doing the novelization? Hope its Salvatore again, he's one of my favs.

Also, will you read the novel before you see the movie? I have read both books before the last 2 episodes, and I'll do the same for Ep 3. I'm a spoiler whore, so I already know the story by April anyways. I like knowing what to expect when I see the movie, but not knowing how Lucas will present it. To me, the movies are just SFX extravaganzas, the story is usually better told on paper.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I heard a rumor from a reliable source it would be Alan Dean Foster, but then again, that could have been started by SS....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:38 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

this was already official a looooong time ago, it's that guy that wrote that NJO book where Jacen gets captured by the Vong

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:12 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well there is only one man who can do the comic adaptation justice-Frank Miller. He is also responsible for-Batman: Year One, and the three most important dark comic arcs in history-Daredevil Born again, the elektra saga, and Love and War. he also wrote elektra assassin.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well there is only one man who can do the comic adaptation justice-Frank Miller. He is also responsible for-Batman: Year One, and the three most important dark comic arcs in history-Daredevil Born again, the elektra saga, and Love and War. he also wrote elektra assassin.

Let's not forget The Dark Knight Returns, which was 1337. Oh dear, we've turned this into a Frank Miller thread.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:31 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
punkkaveman
Cause its gangsta?

Frank Miller would be great for the comic but he does a lot of stuff for Marvel. He also tends to write dark stories. That would be great for the next movie comic.

No I am not a punk. Just a Kaveman. Sig made by BakaXero!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:33 AM
Click here to Send punkkaveman a Private Message Find more posts by punkkaveman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Well, Miller could write it, but his art style is an aquired taste as of late (ok, as of the last decade or so). I like it, but it would be too rough around the edges for Star Wars, I think.

Is there any news on who is doing the comic adaptation?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Creechur, I liked your old avatar better..

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:18 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I like his new avatar better. stick out tongue Just given my input. wink

Back to the topic, I can't gurantee who the next novelist will be, though hopefully it'll be someone that'll make it enjoyable.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Me thinks Lurik has too much free time on his hands! LOL you've been spamming you little battle guys all over the boards! LOL I like em!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:24 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by Lurik
I heard a rumor from a reliable source it would be Alan Dean Foster, but then again, that could have been started by SS....

This rumor sounds feeble. ADF wrote the novelization of The Chronicles of Riddick. ADF is a sci-fi novel junkie who has written tons of sci-fi books, mostly Star Trek. I love his work.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

It's going to be the guy who wrote Traitor and Shatterpoint, Matthew Stover. He kicks ass, so I can't wait.

As for Miller, his stuff USED to be cool. The Dark Knight Returns was beyond awesome. But did anyone read the recently released sequel? I'm sooo dissapointed that I wasted money on that.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:45 PM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

No way, Dark Knight 2 was cool.

Dark Knight Returns was a one time classic. Even Miller knew he wasn't going to be able to top it.

Back on-topic, I'll have to read Traitor and Shatterpoint, I guess.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:20 AM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I like my old avatar better too. big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:25 AM
The Rover

Sith Master X, I also preferred your old avatar....

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 02:49 PM