KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Yoda and Sidious

Yoda and Sidious
Started by: Sakov

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sakov

Yoda and Sidious

I've heard that Yoda has a confrontation with Sidious and ends up losong. It it safe to say that Yoda puts of at least some resistance? It would upset me too much to see Yoda effortlessly torn down. What do others make of this?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Sakov a Private Message Find more posts by Sakov Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

its been rumored that sideous' disfigurement in ROTJ is caused by yoda

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jayd265
Cajun Jedi

its gotta be from yoda unless for some reason they put sidious falling in to lava to and getting out before ani which would be ridiculous

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Jayd265 a Private Message Find more posts by Jayd265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

How is Yoda the cause for that? I mean, I believe he is and all, but does anyone know what he does to cause Sidious his facial disfiguration?

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

damn I must need glasses.....refresh my memory..what disfiguration?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:10 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Disfiguration is something that is sort of not in shape or not symetrical so to speak.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

I've heard that Yoda has a confrontation with Sidious and ends up losong.

In ROTJ, didn't Yoda tell Luke :

"Do not underestimate the power of the emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."

It seems to me that this was said with some amount of hard-learned experience.

Yoda losing a battle with Palpy should segue into the ROTJ scene rather nicely.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:23 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Disfiguration is something that is sort of not in shape or not symetrical so to speak.

SMX
cool

BOP! I KNOW that! I meant what is the disfiguration on Palpatine? laughing

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:24 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

And I don't see Palpy as being disfigured. That's just the way he looks, as I see it.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:25 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Sorry Mamma. The disfiguration on Palpatine is his face, it's like....all messed up, badly wrinkled and stuff, but as Corn said and also made a good point, it may be just the way he looks. He is pretty old after all.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:27 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

oh ok.........thats what I was thinking that he was just old as dirt.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:41 AM
Xam
Lord Xam

did i miss something?????lol

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolution
Restricted

Account Restricted

yoda vs sidious is true but yoda does not lose. he underestimated palpatines power and expirienced it himself wich makes him flee.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Sounds cool enough. Should make for one hell of a duel I hope.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 04:05 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Palpy's got scars and stuff, spadesmamma...

actually, this theory is entirely plausible, I kinda believe it messed

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

Maybe he is rotten by the long use of dark side?

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 06:01 AM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

I read somewhere that his scars, disfigurement, wrinkles, creases etc etc etc etc ad-infinitum
Anakin was dying when rescued from the lava but the Palps stopped his death by using a dangerous sith-force power the result of which wreaked Palps body & face, but it was successful to a degree.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 07:38 AM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

I think yoda will win even against the emperior of the darkside for now may force be with you.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 05:30 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

i vaguely remember reading or seeing an interview with Lucas where he said using the dark side, since the Sith try to control the natural flow of things (as opposed to the Jedi living in harmony with the flow of the Force) the Dark Side causes physical aging/weathering/whatever from its use. But it was a while ago that I heard this, he very easily could have changed his mind. However, I do think this whole Yoda Palpy fight is some fanboys dream as it seems the film is already nearing duel overload. It just seems too obvious a thing to do. But, I guess thats what his lightsaber is for? But I agree with spadesmamma, I think he's just old. I've poured over every Star Wars image in my possession (which is thousands) and I really don't see Palpatine as having "scars". He's just wrinkled and cracked looking cuz he's OLD.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 06:38 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Master X
How is Yoda the cause for that? I mean, I believe he is and all, but does anyone know what he does to cause Sidious his facial disfiguration?

SMX
cool

Lets just say that Palpatine was never disfigured (because his Senator persona never shows him as being disfigured), and that his disfigurement that is present in ROTJ is down to Yoda right? Well it could be that Palps and Yoda square off in Episode 3, and Palps throws a couple of force lightning bolts at Yoda. Rather then simply get rid of them (like he did with Dooku), Yoda repels them so they strike Palpatine, more to his face then any other part of his body. The reason behind Yoda repelling the force lightning bolts would be because Yoda honestly thinks Palpatine is going to finish him off and there is no other way to stop him. Because under normal circumstances, Yoda is a pretty patient fella who does not like violence as much as others.

Just a theory. It could [but I doubt it will] happen.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 07:55 PM
Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote