KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who liked anakin

Did you think anakin on episode 1 played the part well.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 15 31.91%
no 7 14.89%
O.K. 18 38.30%
Realy did not like him!! REALY!! 7 14.89%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who liked anakin
Started by: saber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
saber
MASTER ******

Who liked anakin

my opinion rests on number 4.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:09 AM
Click here to Send saber a Private Message Find more posts by saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

are you talking about TPM? I think he was ok, but this really goes in the EP I & II forum

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:15 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

What JP said yes

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:15 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Could just answer the question...The mods will be here in a few hours to move it and, you'll just answer it in the I & II fourm anyway...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:22 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

he is only a kid ; it was mitichlorians who played a part

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:26 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

I couldn't stand TPM Anakin. Lil Jake Loyd never breathed life into the character. He can't be the only one to blame since Lucas was directing him. I think the role should have been played by an older child. Have you ever seen the TPM storyboard book? Anakin is obviously flirting with Padme in Watto's shop. He certainly doesn't do that in the movie.
ATC Anakin is pretty cool - albeit a bit whiney. I just loved it when he took out all of those Tuskin raiders. Just wish would have extended the scene or had another scene where he loses it.
ROTS Anakin is gonna RULE!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
Could just answer the question...The mods will be here in a few hours to move it and, you'll just answer it in the I & II fourm anyway...

could but wheres the fun in that? wink

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:30 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saber
MASTER ******

I'm talking exclusively about episode I ,hayden christensen I have no quarrel with.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:38 AM
Click here to Send saber a Private Message Find more posts by saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Why? He was bad too...The biggest badass in movies throwing a hissy fit as a late-teenager? COME ON!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:43 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
Why? He was bad too...The biggest badass in movies throwing a hissy fit as a late-teenager? COME ON!

AHEM.......that was the the WHOLE point of his character........the anger, the immaturity, the tantrums, the whining. Hayden didnt write the script he just did what he was required to.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:53 AM
Hayden'sgurl
PHOTOSHOP FREAK

in TPM- he was cute but annoying
AotC- he's just so PURRTY! (evil suites him QUITE well.)
RotS- still veeeeeery PURRTY!!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Hayden'sgurl a Private Message Find more posts by Hayden'sgurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

I have many serious grievances with Episodes 1 and 2, but I dislike some of the reactions to Anakin. I knew this was going to happen ever since the notion of making the prequels started, and you should have also (you meaning those who think Anakin could have been different). It was INEVITABLE that Anakin was going to be shown as an annoying little kid, then an annoying adolescent or post-adolescent. You should have prepared yourselves for this. There was no chance of Anakin being anything else as a young man. He was not intended to be dark and mysterious from the beginning. This idea is initially obtained from Lucas' handling of Obi-Wan in the OT and how he talks about Anakin. Also, the concept of Anakin was that he WAS childlike and average in his normal behavior, and was much like Luke in the earlier parts of his life. Luke was annoying as a little kid, adolescent, and post-adolescent. He was, in may ways, just like his father, and vice-versa.

The point is, you people who don't like the character of Anakin in the Prequels, who say that he should have been different, are ignoring what the concept of him was from the beginning. Whine about things that didn't have to be that way, such as Jar Jar. It is always legitimate to whine about Jar Jar. I despise Jar Jar.

Last edited by Darth Surgent on Aug 2nd, 2004 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I thought Jake Loyd was ok, not my favorite, but it'll do.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

well anakin was only a kid who didnt know he was destined to bigger and better things. i thought jake lloyd was alright. not much else you can do with a kid anakin.
ROTS anakin will be what most of us pictured him to be like. brooding and evil cool

speakin of jake lloyd, have u seen him recently confused the poor guy looks nuthin like he use to. i think he's movie career is over. poor poor guy. he's on the left next to ray park who played darth maul.

Attachment: dscn2603.jpg
This has been downloaded 290 time(s).

Last edited by El Toro on Aug 2nd, 2004 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 05:09 AM
Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I haven't seen any problems with Anakin, i must admit i was a bit annoyed by his whining in AOTC for awhile, but i guess it kinda grew on me, cause i don't mind it all that much now.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

Anakin in Episode 1 was all right, but I did like how they showed that there is also good in evil.
***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 06:40 AM
Click here to Send ASSMAN a Private Message Find more posts by ASSMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by darth_surgent
I have many serious grievances with Episodes 1 and 2, but I dislike some of the reactions to Anakin. I knew this was going to happen ever since the notion of making the prequels started, and you should have also (you meaning those who think Anakin could have been different). It was INEVITABLE that Anakin was going to be shown as an annoying little kid, then an annoying adolescent or post-adolescent. You should have prepared yourselves for this. There was no chance of Anakin being anything else as a young man. He was not intended to be dark and mysterious from the beginning. This idea is initially obtained from Lucas' handling of Obi-Wan in the OT and how he talks about Anakin. Also, the concept of Anakin was that he WAS childlike and average in his normal behavior, and was much like Luke in the earlier parts of his life. Luke was annoying as a little kid, adolescent, and post-adolescent. He was, in may ways, just like his father, and vice-versa.

The point is, you people who don't like the character of Anakin in the Prequels, who say that he should have been different, are ignoring what the concept of him was from the beginning.

^^^^^^^^^^
DAMN fine post! thumb up thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 07:08 AM
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

Thanks!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

agreed, nice post. I think both Anakins (EPI and EPII) served their purpose well. In TPM he was a kid, he acted like a kid in AOTC he was a teenager and acted like one.
Now he will be an Uber ebil, ass kickin, brooding, emotional..... etc etc.

I think both movies will come into their own after we see ROTS. All the little annoyances will suddenly make sense. 'From a certain point of view'

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think that jake loyde wasn't given a chance at times. he shines through at times such as when the are all at the dinner table in shmi's home, but comes off as very dry when the moment calls for much emotion, such as when he blew up the trade fed ship.."now this is podracing...woooooo...wooooo" and those "yipee" "yipee"...but is that really jake's doing? nope. i think he did a tremendous job as anakin. much of the script did not do his acting justice though.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:50 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote