KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » EP3 China Release

EP3 China Release
Started by: DARTH DADDY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

EP3 China Release

This was posted on Jedinet.com,

From the Associated Press: Director George Lucas is asking China to take the rare step of joining in a simultaneous global opening of his nest "Star Wars" movie in May, a Chinese film executive said Tuesday.

Lucas's company wants to have "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith" open in 50 Chinese cinemas, said Jiang Defu, deputy general manager of Digital Film, a state-run distributor.

"We welcome their proposals, but the decision has not been made," Jiang said.

Such simultaneous openings are rare in China, which allows in only about two dozen foreign films a year. Due to a lengthy censorship process, they often open months after they are shown abroad.

Film studios complain that such restrictions fuel the demand for pirated copies of foreign movies, a thriving industry in China.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

old news for me but thanks anyway!

It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

Oh well, didn't know this info. had been out yet. I think it would be pretty cool if it could be released in China the same time it is released everwhere else. Trying to open doors using Star Wars. Wouldn't that be something to go down in history. That through George Lucas, a nation opened it's gates to the world.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

Yeah already seen it on TFN...but this kinda info is always quite welcome!

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 10:42 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

quote:
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
Oh well, didn't know this info. had been out yet. I think it would be pretty cool if it could be released in China the same time it is released everwhere else. Trying to open doors using Star Wars. Wouldn't that be something to go down in history. That through George Lucas, a nation opened it's gates to the world.

He wants to try North Korea then as well

Star Wars for peace smokin'

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:52 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

laughing out loud
LOL @ smoker4.....

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:53 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zavin
Sith going under Trials

so ROTS is going to be released worldwide the same day in all the world?

- SWP, best fan club ever!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:57 PM
Click here to Send zavin a Private Message Find more posts by zavin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

Hahaha stick out tongue

Anyway, it'd be good for everybody if this happens. I live in Belgium and remember having to wait till November (I think) for Phantom Menace to open. (Luckily I saw it in August in England). Of course the demand for pirated copies will jetpack through the roof, a problem Lucas is all too aware of.

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

YEAH! PIRATED COPIES....
Ahem-I mean, THOSE BASTARDS!!! shifty

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 12:14 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

When I was in the Navy and traveled to the Persian Gulf, I was amazed at how fast copies of movies were put onto the market. I left America about a week after the first Jurassic Park came out, and when I got to the middle east a week later there were copies already in stories there. There were pretty bad copies made from movie theaters but hey to be able to watch new movies that were coming out in America and I would normally have to wait to see, it was worth it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 12:37 AM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

When i was in crete last year they were showing pirated films in the bars, advertising them and everything! pirate pirate smokin'

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Decimator

australia rocks we get to see ROTS at 12:01am on the 19th hee hee

Many many thanks to Sir Mist for the Kick-A** Sig ! big grin

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Decimator a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Decimator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

Yeah....they shouldn't only make a law for violating copyrights, but a whole new law called "Boarding Party...and set your weapons for stun"

...violating this law, causes people to be Force-choked by Lord Vader himself....mhuhawhawhaw....

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 03:07 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

I think it would be cool if they were to time everything the same. That way no one got to see it before anyone else. They open it up at 12am. EST, whatever time that is in Russia, they open it up there to.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 04:01 PM