KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » darth vader

darth vader
Started by: Tormentor_2004

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tormentor_2004
Restricted

Account Restricted

darth vader

When Vader puts on his suit, doesnt he get weaker? The suit makes him slower, doesnt it? Even I can move in his costume not that i have. How can he defeat Jedi Masters with the suit on?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Tormentor_2004 a Private Message Find more posts by Tormentor_2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

not really a suit as much as part of him....look at rotj when he gets his hand cut off....his arm IS part of the suit. really....the only part of a suit is his helmet....

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:28 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

This thread should be called...

Wardrobe Malfunction? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:32 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

laughing

vader's nipple slip

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:33 AM
LanceWindu

laughing

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I think alot of what we saw in the prequels is due in part to the immobility of David Prowse, not suited Vader. im sure the suit doesnt help, but i think it was more David.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

does he have a mechanical nipple? laughing

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:36 AM
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I think alot of what we saw in the prequels is due in part to the immobility of David Prowse, not suited Vader. im sure the suit doesnt help, but i think it was more David.

yeah, from a behind the scenes view, theres not a lot you can do with all that plastic on....

but from the 'real' star wars point of view, he would be pretty mobile.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:37 AM
robakin
the first jedi

lucas does say in the commentary vader is weaker than anakin, which is why palps wants luke as he will become what anakin should of.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 07:24 AM
Click here to Send robakin a Private Message Find more posts by robakin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

Have you ever noticed how big Vaders helmet is? That's why in Episode I he had to choose an actor with a bobblehead like Jake Loyd (w/e). Have you noticed how extremely large anakins head is in episode I. and then in episode VI, you see him next to luke, and his helmet is like twice the size of lukes head. Makes Sense.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 07:28 AM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Banshee

Lol! A waterhead happy

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Banshee a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Banshee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I don't really like the fact that Lucas backpeddled on Vader, saying he was less powerful than Anakin. I just thought that was a weak excuse to make up for the fact the special effects and choerography got better as the Star Wars saga continued, and the fact Prowse wasn't the most athletic of actors, and technology improved.

Also, the type of sword fighting in ANH was based off of simple two handed duelling sword fights. Only by ESB did they bother with other types and speed it up a bit.

I mean, Lucas keeps saying the ANH fight was between a cripple and an old man, and thats why they appear slow. That's so lame. He's basically backtracking on his films and saying those two characters are, well, crap. For someone to make excuses over the lack of special effects or funding, which is detrimental to the story and the characters shows how little Lucas cares about characterisation over visuals. It just bugs me a little that he can't stick his guns and has to basically re-write a story based on the technology.

Cripple my ass.

Besides, I always though Vader was so cool because he DIDN'T do backflips. He just stood there, ominously, like an immovable object. I don't think he would have been half as cool if he did backflips and kung fu action poses. I love it when he fights Luke with one hand on Bespin, just so powerful and bad ass.
We will never really know if he was actually "crippled" you see, because there's no Jedi to actually compare him to. Luke doesn't count. He was in training, and suddenly beat Vader through Vaders complacence and surprise. I mean, maybe the fact Vader doesn't move a lot is BECAUSE he's brimming over with the force, he doesn't need to move much. It's open to interpretation but that's my take on it.

I mean, he deflects Hans laser fire with the force (it is the force, it doesn't hit his hand) in ESB- even Mace Windu needed his saber for that.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Apr 4th, 2005 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

AMEN BROTHER!!! Its like how they say, I don't move unless provoked....well, no one provoked him that much. If someone pisses you off and you can kill them from another part of the ship, why the hell would you walk all the over to where they are just to get in a fist fight or chop him down with a lightsaber? Nah F that, you get him an ya screen and yoke his bittch ass out. Im with you man, its crap that he's taking this direction, just cause DP was a big uncoordinated...."thing" who couldnt move well.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robakin
the first jedi

like your view on it red this makes a lot of sense.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:16 AM
Click here to Send robakin a Private Message Find more posts by robakin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

he said in some interview, i think on star wars.com, somewhere around when he explained the clones in OT being from different sources, or maybe in that Empire of Dreams documentary, he said that he sees Anakin being like twenty percent (number he obviously pulled out of nowhere to make a point) MORE powerful than the Emperor, but then, because of the fight and the injuries sustained, he lost a lot of natural tissue and thus, midichlorians, which weakened his connection to the force and so his power then is about twenty percent LESS than the Emperor, which is why he needed Luke's help to take the Empreror on.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:43 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Originally posted by Red Superfly
I don't really like the fact that Lucas backpeddled on Vader, saying he was less powerful than Anakin. I just thought that was a weak excuse to make up for the fact the special effects and choerography got better as the Star Wars saga continued, and the fact Prowse wasn't the most athletic of actors, and technology improved.

Also, the type of sword fighting in ANH was based off of simple two handed duelling sword fights. Only by ESB did they bother with other types and speed it up a bit.

I mean, Lucas keeps saying the ANH fight was between a cripple and an old man, and thats why they appear slow. That's so lame. He's basically backtracking on his films and saying those two characters are, well, crap. For someone to make excuses over the lack of special effects or funding, which is detrimental to the story and the characters shows how little Lucas cares about characterisation over visuals. It just bugs me a little that he can't stick his guns and has to basically re-write a story based on the technology.

Cripple my ass.

Besides, I always though Vader was so cool because he DIDN'T do backflips. He just stood there, ominously, like an immovable object. I don't think he would have been half as cool if he did backflips and kung fu action poses. I love it when he fights Luke with one hand on Bespin, just so powerful and bad ass.
We will never really know if he was actually "crippled" you see, because there's no Jedi to actually compare him to. Luke doesn't count. He was in training, and suddenly beat Vader through Vaders complacence and surprise. I mean, maybe the fact Vader doesn't move a lot is BECAUSE he's brimming over with the force, he doesn't need to move much. It's open to interpretation but that's my take on it.

I mean, he deflects Hans laser fire with the force (it is the force, it doesn't hit his hand) in ESB- even Mace Windu needed his saber for that.

I totally agree. I really wish they'd (instead of all these stupid changes to the OT) actually go in and insert digital fighters (like they basically do for Dooku and Palpatine) into the Obi-wan Vader fight in ANH so that they at least make the fight look as good as ESB or ROTJ. Not a ridiculous amount but C'MON!! After we watch the 13 minute duel between these two heavy hitters, all we see them do in ANH is fight like a couple 4 year olds with their mommy's broom sticks? that's weak! Vader HATES Obi-wan, I want to see him at least TRY to kick his ass! not just slap each other gently a couple times.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i agree digital remakes of the OT are in order for sure, the PT fights are so much better that it seems very inconsistant.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 09:14 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well, you would think that getting horribly burnt, then turning half maching would make you a bit more weaker than you previously were. erm

That's just my take on it.

I like George.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

i agree with Red. why cant they just admit that the choriography and stunts werent as good in the old days. instead he makes the excuse that Luke wasnt trained as good as jedi in the PT. i guess that makes sense but still.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dart Saber

Originally posted by Mist
does he have a mechanical nipple? laughing

Yeah, and how does Vader take a bath?
I bet he stinks too much.
Perhaps he and Palps are bathing together eek!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Dart Saber a Private Message Find more posts by Dart Saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote