KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Are you happy with the dialogue in ROTS?

Are you happy with the dialogue in ROTS?
Started by: Da_Guru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Da_Guru
Master

Are you happy with the dialogue in ROTS?

I for one are not happy. Most of it is quite good I admit but some of it is absolute crap. Especially the dialogue between Anakin and Padme. Also Anakins dialogue during his turn isnt as good as I thought it would have been. The dialogue at the begining of ROTS between Anakin and Kenobi during the opening space battle is crappier than most of the dialogue from the other films-it is disgraceful and disgusting. Palpatines dialogue is good, Yodas is sometimes poor and sometimes good, Padmes is crap as usual and the others I am mostly neutral about. Very bad dialogue George But im sure the movie will be excellent never the less. What do you people on this Board think of some of the crappy dialogue in ROTS?. Not that all of its crappy of course

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Da_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Da_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick_Skywalker

Could you please state your reasons why you think its so bad? Ive read the script and overall i think its good. There are a few moments that are just sick mostly between ani and padme as usaul but the rest is final. Theres some great stuff theres some ordinary stuff and theres stuff thats just fine. Actully the story of most of the star wars movies. I liked the begining space battle dialoge i thought he showed that anakin and obi wan were such good friends and that they really cared about each other. I quess it comes down to the delivery at the end. I think its safe to say that christopher lee will nail his dialoge (evan though hes only got a few lines) samual jackson will nail his and he does have some important lines in this movie very important actully. Ian will do a great job like he always does and so will ewan also the cgi characters cant really go bad and most of the cameo's have been fine. Most people are only worrying about hayden and natalie because they have been the 2 that people have thought have been bad from the previous movie/movies but im confident they will do fine because they never really bothered me in aotc or tpm for natalie.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:40 AM
Click here to Send Nick_Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Nick_Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

how can anyone argue about the dialogue when the movie hasnt been out yet? its a pointless debate.

yeah, we could all go out and read the novel/script/comic or whatever, but that doesnt give you the performances, only the lines.

a month left people. wait til then. would it kill you?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:34 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick_Skywalker

Yes but he asked do you think the dialoge is crap? he didnt say anything about if the performance will be good or not because we dont know all his saying is he thinks the words that are used are crap.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:43 AM
Click here to Send Nick_Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Nick_Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Da Guru, I posted a topic like this a while back. I see you aren't the only one who's a bit worried about the dialogue.

People will argue about Star Wars always having bad dialogue, which it has, but the prequels have so far had REALLY bad dialogue. The originals had a few genius moments to redeem itself ("I love you - I know").

I too read some of the script, and the dialogue looks as bad as Episode II's, to be quite honest.

I'm not going to say it'll definitely be crap, it's just that it ain't lookin' good for those Anakin and Padme scenes.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:58 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

and i was countering that by saying the performance MAKES the dialogue. of course it might sound crap on paper.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:59 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Yeah but - did the performance make the dialogue in Episode II any better though?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

I don't see anything wrong in those snippets of dialogue between Ani and Padme. Nothing at all. confused

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 11:38 AM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheElectricFox
The Assasin at Mach

Barf

Guru must have read that official script from the SS laughing out loud

How to fix gas prices?? Roll into Saudi Arabia and just take it from them!! We are the **** united states of AMERICA!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 11:46 AM
Click here to Send TheElectricFox a Private Message Find more posts by TheElectricFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Bah, crappy dialogue or not, it's obvious people are too stupid to see bad dialogue in movies anyway, so it'll become irrelevant.

All that matters is "teh action seenz" - right? I mean that is what this new generation of Star Wars fans are all about, after all.

I'm gonna try and enjoy the movie, but it better be good.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 01:06 PM
Lord Banshee

Anakin: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, count" - DBZ talk messed

Dooku: "Good... Twice the pride, double the fall" - Star wars beer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Lord Banshee a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Banshee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Perhaps concern is warranted, but really this argument has no point until you can actually hear the dialogue and hear it in contex.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I think its time to say that people have to realise that they are going to be seeing the final movie from GEORGE'S saga. Some of you are not going to be happy with everything. Some of you have built this movie up in your minds so much that NO ONE could make it in a manner that would make you happy. There are going to be people that come out of that theater complaining about dialog, costuming, continuity etc ad nauseum. Please don't allow yourselves to over hype this movie to the point there is no way you are going to enjoy it. Every single movie made has flaws. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

I think if Star Wars fans go to ROTS just for the "fun" of it, they'll be rewarded. I think if people go to ROTS expecting the Holy Grail they are going to be disappointed. It's the last time any of us get to experience this whole Star Wars movie opening thing, relax, savor it, don't ruin it for yourselves ruminating over silly little details.

Of course there are also those of us that will love it no matter whats on the screen.
JarJar turning out to be Vader excluded of course! laughing out loud

Last edited by ~JP~ on Apr 11th, 2005 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 01:30 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Amen yes

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
12345m

i think the dialogues great big grin

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 03:00 PM
Click here to Send 12345m a Private Message Find more posts by 12345m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
[B]I think its time to say that people have to realise that they are going to be seeing the final movie from GEORGE'S saga. Some of you are not going to be happy with everything. Some of you have built this movie up in your minds so much that NO ONE could make it in a manner that would make you happy. There are going to be people that come out of that theater complaining about dialog, costuming, continuity etc ad nauseum. Please don't allow yourselves to over hype this movie to the point there is no way you are going to enjoy it. Every single movie made has flaws. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

I think if Star Wars fans go to ROTS just for the "fun" of it, they'll be rewarded. I think if people go to ROTS expecting the Holy Grail they are going to be disappointed. It's the last time any of us get to experience this whole Star Wars movie opening thing, relax, savor it, don't ruin it for yourselves ruminating over silly little details.

Of course there are also those of us that will love it no matter whats on the screen.

Point taken. Good idea. We can pick it apart when the DVD comes out stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 03:06 PM