KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Ep 3 - 3 Days early in London

Ep 3 - 3 Days early in London
Started by: Darth Plagueis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Ep 3 - 3 Days early in London

Marathon to Show All Six 'Star Wars' Films
By Associated Press
2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - All six chapters of George Lucas' science-fiction saga - including the final one, "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" - will screen in a daylong marathon May 16 at London's Leicester Square.

About 1,000 tickets will go on sale Monday morning for the marathon, which will give fans a chance to see "Revenge of the Sith" three days before its U.S. and United Kingdom debut May 19, according to California-based Lucasfilm. Tickets will be available at the Empire Leicester Square box office and online.

The marathon will begin at 7 a.m. with the original "Star Wars" and run about 14 hours, plus meal breaks. The evening screening of "Revenge of the Sith" will be held across the street from the film's London premiere, which Lucas will attend along with key cast members.

"Revenge of the Sith" chronicles the final steps to the dark side for Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) as he transforms into Darth Vader, the villain of the original "Star Wars" trilogy.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi2187
tha l'il guy

Do you know anyone who's going?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:07 PM
Click here to Send jedi2187 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi2187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

I just read this right before posting, so I don't personally know of anyone that is going.
It sounds like a blast, though.....all previous 5 movies on the big screen, with breaks for meals and then Episode3!!
I would love to go, but living in the states makes it difficult (and cost prohibitive) to seriously consider.....

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi2187
tha l'il guy

I hope they do something like this here in the US; probably won't happen until late summer or fall.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send jedi2187 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi2187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

That's cool. I can't wait to see Episode III

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send SW3HP4IJ4 a Private Message Find more posts by SW3HP4IJ4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

As successful as 3 is likely to be, there will probably be lots of marathon showings here, but (like you said) probably not until later in the year. As news of this breaks wider, I will be curious to see if anyone who posts here on KMC is going to that marathon, as they will see the movie 3 days before the rest of us.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:31 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i saw this on theforce.net

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

um...okay, but not everyone here goes to TFN...and it had not been posted here...Yes, I used the almighty SEARCH button....
big grin

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:35 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

lol, i wasent saying ts bad u posetd it...

i was just saying, i read it, damn them for being able to see the movie early.... miffed

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:37 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

sucks for me. I'm in the States.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:40 PM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Yeah me too......
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the theater online to see what ticket prices are, but couldn't find any info....maybe someone who lives in or around London can find out.....

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:47 PM
DenKi

Im seeing episode 3 afew days before it airs, my friends works at the Cinema and hes letting me in to watch and *Test* the film before its shown to the public.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi2187
tha l'il guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DenKi
Im seeing episode 3 afew days before it airs, my friends works at the Cinema and hes letting me in to watch and *Test* the film before its shown to the public.

U lucky dog wink Let us know how you like it!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 08:55 PM
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

I'm doing it. I'll be getting my ticket on Monday and off to Traf Sq. on the opening night.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:11 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I'll probably check out the Details a bit later nearer the time... It'll be playing at the Leister square UCI cinema..... eps 4,5,6,1,2 and then 3 on May 16.... Starting at 7am apparently....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jedi2187
Do you know anyone who's going?

i amHappy Dance

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

Well... your gonna have to tell us how it is, WITHOUT spoiling things like "I am your father" is there is anything like that.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

ill let you guys know 3 days in advance about what it was like, but i wont say anything about the plot, but alot of people here have read the script, so what is there to tell?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Lmao what is there too Tell, the Script only tells you the basics

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

Yeah which means we will get to download it earlier but i wont until i see the movie damn you UK people are lucky im going to watch 1-2 then go see 3 and then come home and watch 4-5-6 so i will be up all night.

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote