KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » vader suit

vader suit
Started by: shoodowopwop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shoodowopwop

vader suit

How is vader able to "hunt down and kille the jedi" in that suit of his. we have seen in the ot how incredibly slow he is and he seems to have no movement or prowess with a lightsaber. it seems to me that some kid with a lightsaber could stick it in his oxygen tank or somehting

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:15 AM
Click here to Send shoodowopwop a Private Message Find more posts by shoodowopwop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: in ROTS he seems to do it mostly before he is confined to the suit

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

No actually the Jedi purge takes 3 months.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:22 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I have no doubt that's true but what's the source just out my own uneducated curiosity?

And if that's the case.... he's got millions of stormtroopers at his side, bounty hunters all over the place, and if I remember correctly he seems to do a decent job fighting Obi-wan with the suit and Luke twice, not to mention killing the (admittedly decrepid lol) emperor.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shoodowopwop

decent job wth obi wan and luke? did u see the pace of those battles?

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send shoodowopwop a Private Message Find more posts by shoodowopwop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I don't think they were that slow.... the one in empire is pretty decent speed. Sure it's no duel of the fates but then again remember that was made 20 years after the original when GL and the bunch wanted to make something more action packed.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:34 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Source is from the OS I believe and there is actually an EU book coming out later this fall called Dark Lord that covers this very topic. smile

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:36 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shoodowopwop

i kno i kno im just reluctant to admit that the chosen one has less abilities than say darth maul when it comes to deuling becuse in my opinion, darth maul v obi was the best duel yet

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:37 AM
forumcrew

Re: vader suit

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shoodowopwop
How is vader able to "hunt down and kille the jedi" in that suit of his. we have seen in the ot how incredibly slow he is and he seems to have no movement or prowess with a lightsaber. it seems to me that some kid with a lightsaber could stick it in his oxygen tank or somehting

he was so much older in the OT plus im sure his condition just got worse and worse

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:39 AM
Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Hmmmm so are you the guy from mf.com that has that av or did you steal his?

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:41 AM
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Source is from the OS I believe and there is actually an EU book coming out later this fall called Dark Lord that covers this very topic. smile

I thought you didn't like EU, JP.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I dont dear, just the movie novelizations and the books right before and after. smile

AND that doesnt make these things canon either I might add. wink

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:48 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

hmmmm.... I am just getting into the "reading to much into things" area, but.... Vader is very bulky in OT. Seeing as Hayden wears the Vader costume in ROTS, he is much slimmer. Perhaps he is more agile before he bulks up, though being a machine it is curious how he'd do this.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:51 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Dont EVEN start the bloody "Hayden" argument. We've all been there and done that a hundred times over.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:52 AM
shoodowopwop

yea i guess with the absence of a real jedi threat vader decided he could stock up on some extra burgers

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:58 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by shoodowopwop
yea i guess with the absence of a real jedi threat vader decided he could stock up on some extra burgers

lol... I believe there is currently a discussion over whether Vader eats in the "does anakin burn his tadger thread" laughing out loud

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:59 AM
shoodowopwop

yea i saw that. i firmly believe he did burn his tadger and can not eat
that thread was funny as crap

Old Post May 8th, 2005 07:02 AM
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I dont dear, just the movie novelizations and the books right before and after. smile

AND that doesnt make these things canon either I might add. wink

Fair enough. big grin

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 8th, 2005 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I AM JEDI

he did look rather slow in the movies filmed in the 70s one he was old too back in the 70s the training they made the actors do to battle with a lightsaber was very simple. But now that they spend about 3-4 months on battle training i think he will have no problem i think we still think of him fighting it out with luke. and how choppy and slow those moves were.

There is no death, there is the force.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 01:28 AM
Click here to Send I AM JEDI a Private Message Find more posts by I AM JEDI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

he's slow because he concentrates on precision, rather than speed, and doesnt need to expend that much energy ^__^.....well..that's my lame excuse wink

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post May 9th, 2005 06:37 AM
Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote