KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Qui-Gon NOT IN EPISODE III !!!

Qui-Gon NOT IN EPISODE III !!!
Started by: EjkoUSC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EjkoUSC

Qui-Gon NOT IN EPISODE III !!!

It is Sundaythe 15th and I just got out of the digital screening of Episode III at USC and was dissapointed to see that despite all the scripts, books, and reviews Ive read there is NO QUI-GON/YODA scene. Is this an old confirmation I overlooked? Is it because it was the digital screening that the scene was cut? Thescene as is just shows Yoda thinking to himself in the observation room until Bail Organa enters. In between wassupposed to be Qui-Gons appearance (or at least his voice) but nothing happened. And at the end Yoda tells Obi-Wan he needs training from Qui-Gon. Twas very sudden, very out of place and completely half assed. Have any of you seen a printof the film WITH the scene?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:59 AM
Click here to Send EjkoUSC a Private Message Find more posts by EjkoUSC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It was announced a bit ago that the scene was cut.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:00 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ctsketch

yeah this is the most disapointing cut of the movie, hopefully it will be on the DVD

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:01 AM
Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheAnimal
Restricted

Account Restricted

that pisses me off also cause lucas said the force ghost thing will be explained.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send TheAnimal a Private Message Find more posts by TheAnimal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatJediKnight

does plo koon speak before he dies?!? and how does koar and tiin specifically die? but yea i was hopig qui-gon was in it still...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:11 AM
Click here to Send GreatJediKnight a Private Message Find more posts by GreatJediKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowone
sithstempleonline

old new sad sorry to let you know

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Knowone a Private Message Find more posts by Knowone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

That was a VERY stupid cut VERY, time would NOT of been a issue with that becasue it probably wouldnt of lasted a minute

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

is this from the digital version or normal? would the digital still have it?

worse.cut.ever....shame on you lucasmad

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:25 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yodafan

I agree I really wanted to see that scene. I 2nd worse cut ever!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send yodafan a Private Message Find more posts by yodafan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Both versions have been seen and neither has Qui-Gon's scene. It was confirmed as cut a while back. Hopefully, this will be one of the 5-6 scenes re-edited in for the DVD release.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

Will they re-edit them back into the movie, or just put them in the extra features DVD, or will they edit them in, and have 5-6 OTHER scenes on the specail features DVD

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i seriously feel like kicking lucas in the nads right now....i was hoping hed leave that scene alone....(yeah, i know you all said it was old news, but i didnt know til nowsad )

maybe he thought little kiddies would be scared of seeing a ghost.....ooo...scary.....that wouldve pushed it into an M rating....

(heh....its M over here already big grin , our ratings are different)

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:39 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

Re: Qui-Gon NOT IN EPISODE III !!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EjkoUSC
It is Sundaythe 15th and I just got out of the digital screening of Episode III at USC and was dissapointed to see that despite all the scripts, books, and reviews Ive read there is NO QUI-GON/YODA scene. Is this an old confirmation I overlooked? Is it because it was the digital screening that the scene was cut? Thescene as is just shows Yoda thinking to himself in the observation room until Bail Organa enters. In between wassupposed to be Qui-Gons appearance (or at least his voice) but nothing happened. And at the end Yoda tells Obi-Wan he needs training from Qui-Gon. Twas very sudden, very out of place and completely half assed. Have any of you seen a printof the film WITH the scene?

Hey, you've seen it. What's your favorite Star Wars movie?

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post May 16th, 2005 01:42 AM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Envious Eyes
WotW

OH man, this is a dissapointment to me. I was looking forward to this scene. I wonder what the reason for this being cut was?

http://www.geocities.com/wotw_2005

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Envious Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Envious Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

wow that sucks..... i was reeeeally looking forward to that

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Why does GL have to cut most of the good scenes just so they can be on the DVD, I was looking forward to this scene

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:23 AM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bill9d9
Tired of Choads

Aghh...stupid Lucas!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send bill9d9 a Private Message Find more posts by bill9d9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Wow, count on Lucas to cut one of the five or six most consequential scenes of the entire PT.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 02:49 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
Will they re-edit them back into the movie, or just put them in the extra features DVD, or will they edit them in, and have 5-6 OTHER scenes on the specail features DVD

They are re-editing in 5-6 scenes into the movie itself for the DVD release. They've already been working on it. God, I wish I could remember exactly where I read it, but it was a quote from someone who actually worked on Ep 3. Maybe Roger Barton. Can't recall.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by kremzike
They are re-editing in 5-6 scenes into the movie itself for the DVD release. They've already been working on it. God, I wish I could remember exactly where I read it, but it was a quote from someone who actually worked on Ep 3. Maybe Roger Barton. Can't recall.
Are you F***ing seriouse! I can't wait for the DVD relase now!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote