KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » It's ok for anakin to kill, but not mace

It's ok for anakin to kill, but not mace
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

It's ok for anakin to kill, but not mace

It was ok for anakin to kill dooku in cold blood, but he throws a hissy fit when Mace wants to kill the man responisble for the entire war, what kind of crap is that? I was referring to when mace wanted to kill palpitine, but anakin bit*ched because it wasnt the jedi way.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Anakin needed Palpatine to save Padme.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:03 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

And it wasn't ok, was it? Anakin knew beforehand he shouldn't, and then felt guilty about it afterward.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

What did Ani have to gain if Dooku lived?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

In the book, when MAce is there to greet Obi-wan, Anakin, and Palpatine, he asks Anakin what happened to Anakin, and Anakin does not answer, but Palpatine does answer and says he was killed, and give Anakin a stone cold look at him. Also in the scene where Mace is about to kill Palpatine, Anakin tells Mace you cannot kill him, it is against our Jedi code, and Mace replies "But it was okay for you to kill Dooku". He says something like that along the lines.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:09 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I think Anakin regretted what happened to Dooku. He wanted to do what was right this time, but ultimately the dark side clouded his judgement.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:12 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, that would have made the scene more acceptable for me. If mace had said somthing like that.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:12 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Anakin didn't want to kill Dooku or Mace. Peer pressure. It's a horrible thing.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyOcelot

I (again probably mistakenly) thought he was stalling for time; he needed Palpatine to save Padme - yet he knew Palpatine was better off dead. By then his loyalty to the Jedi code was getting pretty shaky, but it was a good excuse to stop Mace finishing Palpatine off, who from that moment forth pushed on that weakness in Anakin.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send CrazyOcelot a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyOcelot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Bah!

Anakin was a hyprocrite, through and through.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Anakin did what he felt was in his best interest, plus pressure from palps.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:02 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

Funny how Anakin didn't say much to Palpatine after he killed Mace. All he said was "What have I done". If killing is wrong, why was it okay for Palpatine to kill Mace?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I think Anakin was reeling from the whole ordeal. Between killing Dooku earlier and then Mace, he was just overcome by what was happening to him.

The Jedi ended up killing people in battle all the time. Only Anakin and Palpy knew that Dooku was helpless when Anakin finished him off.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Re: It's ok for anakin to kill, but not mace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It was ok for anakin to kill dooku in cold blood, but he throws a hissy fit when Mace wants to kill the man responisble for the entire war, what kind of crap is that? I was referring to when mace wanted to kill palpitine, but anakin bit*ched because it wasnt the jedi way.

OMG, what is with these dumb threads and the even dumber people who start them?
Did you watch the movie?? He knew he shouldn't kill Dooku and Palpatine egged him on and after he says he shouldn't of done it.
And with the Mace, Palpatine confrontation, HE NEEDS PALPATINE TO SAVE PADME, so obviously he does not want him to die. and he's trying to convince Mace not to kill him by mentioning the jedi code. I thought it was pretty straight forward, but I guess for someone with and IQ of 1 it's NOT.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:56 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vader519
In the book, when MAce is there to greet Obi-wan, Anakin, and Palpatine, he asks Anakin what happened to Anakin, and Anakin does not answer, but Palpatine does answer and says he was killed, and give Anakin a stone cold look at him. Also in the scene where Mace is about to kill Palpatine, Anakin tells Mace you cannot kill him, it is against our Jedi code, and Mace replies "But it was okay for you to kill Dooku". He says something like that along the lines.

wait a minute, that doesn't make sense.
How did Mace know Dooku was killed in cold blood? the only person who knew was Palpatine, and I'm sure he didn't tell anyone.

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

Hmmm wait can't they sense them with force yeah they can i think. anyway in rots witht the wookies Yoda sense the Jedi are dead and he kills clones after. They sense them there power what ever it was called Qui-gon said in TPM stick out tongue and than at the end they have to hide Yoda hides on Dabogah cuz there is a tree that is twisted with darkside so know one knows he's there no one can sense his presense.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:03 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I don't think they can sense that Anakin killed Dooku in cold blood. In II Yoda was only able to sense that Anakin was in extreme pain. He certainly didn't see him slaughtering all the sand people. Had they been able to "sense" that, his training would have probably ended right there as he was too volatile and had done something as a result of the Dark Side's influence.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Anakin killed the sandpeople, all Yoda could sense is that Skywalker was in terrible pain, thats all

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin killing Dooku, all they probably sensed was Anakin giving into his anger. If Yoda was paying attention

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:41 PM
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

That's kind of how I saw it. I don't think anyone but Palps knew what he did to Dooku.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:14 PM