KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What compelled Anakin to go on?

What compelled Anakin to go on?
Started by: The Last Son

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Last Son
Man of Steel

What compelled Anakin to go on?

After he realized Padme was dead, why did Anakin continue on. He only gave himself to the Emperor for the knowledge to save her. After she is dead, what made him get up and put his helmet on every morning? Your thoughts.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socialrebel101
Queen of the Universe

He needed the helmet to survive, number one. And since she was gone he had nothing to live for, so why not just continue on with the Emperor? What else was he going to do besides fall into a deep dapression? So hey, why not go with the guy that he could end up really powerful with, ya know? I see where hes coming from on that.

You underestimate my power...
-m

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:44 PM
Click here to Send socialrebel101 a Private Message Find more posts by socialrebel101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socialrebel101
He needed the helmet to survive, number one. And since she was gone he had nothing to live for, so why not just continue on with the Emperor? What else was he going to do besides fall into a deep dapression? So hey, why not go with the guy that he could end up really powerful with, ya know? I see where hes coming from on that.

Coulnd't have worded it better. My thoughts exactly.

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i was just about to say that

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:06 AM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

Ah, good. Someone back from '03. I've been looking around, but it seems most of the old school KMCers have vanished. Lance Windu, etc...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DSA-Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

lance is still around
he just changed his name to Ken-Kenobi

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess Is The Shiznut

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send DSA-Vader a Private Message Find more posts by DSA-Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

Cool.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:14 AM
socialrebel101
Queen of the Universe

Thanks guys. stick out tongue

You underestimate my power...
-m

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send socialrebel101 a Private Message Find more posts by socialrebel101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Palpatine was all Anakin had left. He still saw Palpatine as his friend and mentor. From his point of view the Jedi had turned against him.

Also, he wanted more power, which he could only get from Palpatine...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:06 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

Originally posted by Rebel Racer
Ah, good. Someone back from '03. I've been looking around, but it seems most of the old school KMCers have vanished. Lance Windu, etc...

What does THAT suppose to mean?

"I still find your lack of Faith disturbing..."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Cybervader a Private Message Find more posts by Cybervader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

im from 03!

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:24 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

Originally posted by Cybervader
What does THAT suppose to mean?

What do you want to know? Do you honestly not know what I was asking??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:07 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Do you have any idea how much Vader must have hated himself when he awoke as Mech Vader? The realization that you helped genocide the Jedi, killed your wife and her unborn child, then realizing you're more man than machine would drive you nuts.
He kept going because he was punishing himself and because there was nothing left for him. Or so he thought.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

Maybe deep down he doesn't fully believe Sid or he thinks that even thou Pad is dead one day he might have the strengh to bring her back some how

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I was thinking that too. He might also believe if he learns the darkside well enough he could overthrow Sidious and leave his armor.
but no

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

But if darth didn't know about Luke when do you think that he worked it out

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:41 PM
Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

If he would have known his children survived he would have maybe not turned and just lived on with his kids but maybe not cause he was not in love with Padme just addicted to her good stuff. Remeber he did not know he even had twins until Luke and his thoughts went out of hand in ROTJ

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Recall that, Palpatine knew that Anakin wanted a life bigger than what it is. He wants more...
So, the death of Padme was only one, but important, factor that turned him to the darkside, but it was not all.
Padme or his attachments was not the only thing that turned him.
Palpatine had encouraged him all his life, telling him that he will be the most powerful Jedi ever, so he was a big factor cause it made him arogant and cocky.
Anakin wanted to rule the galaxy, when he was power hungry, so the death of Padme was only one factor.
I would say, Palpatine corrupted Anakins mind from the start (EP I)
Palpy: "We will look upon your carreer with great interest" Palpy already starts to begin his mind F*** up of Anakin
Anakin was only good as a boy, helps others without thought of reward.. and so on (EP I)

Palpy, not the Jedi, messed him up...Although Anakin never realizes it, cause he still follows Palpy, until EP VI

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
THEJEDIMASTER
Jedi Master

I think anakin wanted to take over the galaxy after he learned all the skills from sidious as he said in the 3rd movie to padme that he will over through paply and that they can rule the galaxy together.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 03:36 AM
Click here to Send THEJEDIMASTER a Private Message Find more posts by THEJEDIMASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Anakin falls for many reasons. One of the most important is his greed.

But I still believe the Jedi are largely to blame.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 03:37 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote