KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did Sidious actually cared for Anakin?

Did Sidious actually cared for Anakin?
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Did Sidious actually cared for Anakin?

Although I will not doubt that he lied to Anakin to help him turn to the Dark Side, I really do think that he enjoyed him as a friend.

In ROTJ, he often referred to Vader as his friend, but more importantly, at the end of ROTS, with Anakin laying all burned up, he comes to his side and puts his hand on his head as if to say, "I'm hear now and will care for you."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:20 AM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

No, Sidious did not care for Anakin. He cared for Anakin's ability to aid him in gaining complete galactic control. Nothing more.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:23 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Nah, Vader was just a pawn for power, nothing more.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, i guess he cared for him as much as a sith can care for anybody...not too much. he was just an instrument to get palply his goals.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:24 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ragnarok_AU
Restricted

Account Restricted

I get what your saying, honest friendship or just so vader would be on his side.

Honesty doesnt seem to be something the sith have.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Ragnarok_AU a Private Message Find more posts by Ragnarok_AU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ragnarok_AU
Restricted

Account Restricted

i guess my post was a bit late eh?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Ragnarok_AU a Private Message Find more posts by Ragnarok_AU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabbar
Jedi Master Jabbar

Evidence:
In ROTJ, he orders Luke to kill Vader and "take his place by (plap's) side". That's not what friends do, I'm afraid.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:37 AM
Click here to Send jabbar a Private Message Find more posts by jabbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Up until his goal is the replace Vader, I believe Palpatine cares...er...sort of, for Anakin. Not a great deal of "Anakin, I love you bestest best friend ever," more of a "Anakin, you sexy *****, kill people for me and I'll give you cookies! The ones with dark chocolate chips..."

But yeah, mostly it was Palpatine earning Anakin's trust to manipulate him further.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:43 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cameron666
Teh Sexay Fairy

He cared a little bit. He mainly cared about anakin's power, but a little of him saw Anakin as a friend.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:30 AM
Click here to Send cameron666 a Private Message Find more posts by cameron666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

No, Palpatine cared for no one. Sith teachings encourage absolute selfishness.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

well he did put his hand on his face when Anakin was burned on the floor, to kinda makew him feel better likes hes his Son.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:46 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valar Melkor

Interesting. I think he did, at least initially. By ROTJ, he was looking for a new apprentice, in the form of young Luke. When Vader emerged, he was not what Sidious was expecting. He cared for Anakin, but was truly revolted with Vader. The only thing he liked was that his anger was still intact. Luke would have made a perfect new apprentice. Of course Sidious wanted Luke to kill Vader. Remember, friends, treachery is the way of the Sith

'Here are the minions of Mordor...My deadly servants filled with my dark will..Though they may not all reside within the borders of my land, my hand reaches far and in the end they all do my bidding'. Dark Lord Sauron
'They may not even be aware of the dark will that drives them or the influence of the enemy that I too serve...the ancient of evil of which even I... the Great Sauron am but a servant'.
Sauron the Great acknowledges his master, The Dark Lord Valar Melkor

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Valar Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Valar Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKozzy
No, Sidious did not care for Anakin. He cared for Anakin's ability to aid him in gaining complete galactic control. Nothing more.

yep ,just another ´´instrument´´ for sidious

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:19 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by Valar Melkor
Interesting. I think he did, at least initially. By ROTJ, he was looking for a new apprentice, in the form of young Luke. When Vader emerged, he was not what Sidious was expecting. He cared for Anakin, but was truly revolted with Vader. The only thing he liked was that his anger was still intact. Luke would have made a perfect new apprentice. Of course Sidious wanted Luke to kill Vader. Remember, friends, treachery is the way of the Sith

Agreed. Vader came out much less powerful then expected. Luke, with not enough training, soon achieved a great level. He would have become a powerful sith big grin also leia could be turned if luke was. Then palp would have the TWIN KILLERS hehehehe.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by DenKi
well he did put his hand on his face when Anakin was burned on the floor, to kinda makew him feel better likes hes his Son.

Palps did that because he was using the dark side to keep Vader alive. He still felt Vader would be powerful with the suit on and that he would still be useful to keep around.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone who thinks that sidious and anakin were 'friends' in ANY sense of the word needs to watch the films a few more times and understand.

from the SECOND anakin found out palps was a sith lord he hated him.
palps only used anakin to gain power and the SECOND he learned of luke,
he planned on having him kill vader. vader joined palps to save his wife and when she dies he was already twisted, so his ONLY motivation from that
point was to take all that power away from his master and keep it for himself

there was no love, no liking, no friendship, not so much as "eeeeh he's ok"
N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Captain REX
Up until his goal is the replace Vader, I believe Palpatine cares...er...sort of, for Anakin. Not a great deal of "Anakin, I love you bestest best friend ever," more of a "Anakin, you sexy *****, kill people for me and I'll give you cookies! The ones with dark chocolate chips..."

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Captain REX

But yeah, mostly it was Palpatine earning Anakin's trust to manipulate him further.

THAT is one of the best posts in this forum, I think......

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Score! eek!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:03 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He cares for Anakin the same way a person can care about a drill or a shovel. They're just tools to be used until something better comes along.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 10:39 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote