KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Could Padme have brought Anakin back?

Could Padme have brought Anakin back?
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Could Padme have brought Anakin back?

If Obi-Wan hadn't shown up with Padme, she could have softened Anakin enough to change his mind. Obi-Wan kind of ruined it for Padme by choosing to sneak up at that moment. He was the reason why Anakin thought she had turned against him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

I kind of agree with you... That was mostly to give some hope and to show that there was still good in him... Feeling betrayed by Padme was the last push towards an (almost) definitive turn to the Dark Side... she was what matters the most to him.

But knowing that SW ANH was shot in 1977 no she could not... it was destiny...

Prequels... Humm!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

I don't know about that. I thought so too before I read the book, but in the book you get the impression that Vader is "pretending" to be Anakin at that point, he's forgotten his purpose and he remembers only when re realises he's in the black mask.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 12:29 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Ya, if anyone could've changed Anakin, it was Padme.

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeditaz345

Cool maybe

Im not sure if she could of brought anakin back. Hes so head strong and wont let anyone tell him what to do, i really cant tell. But i bet if Obi wan hadnt of shown up then she could of calmed him down and maybe turned him good, But if you think about it logically once he killed all the Jedi, Anakin had truely died and gone.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Jeditaz345 a Private Message Find more posts by Jeditaz345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

no she could not have. the reason he turned was because he knew she was going to die in childbirth. no matter what she said, he knows she cannot see the future and with palps promise of being able to saver her, he would never have listened to her.

his thinking was "i wont let what happened to my mother happen to you, at any cost"

i dont think it would have made any difference.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chubbychipmunk
wut goes here?

well. i think that even if ob1 didn't come padme still would have turned against him. then anakin would go find ob1 and they'd have that little fight

"*laughs*. We got 'em R2"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send chubbychipmunk a Private Message Find more posts by chubbychipmunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

yes

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:35 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If anything, if Obi-Wan hadn't appeared, Obi-Wan just wouldn't have had another shot to kick Anakin to the curb. Padme could not have brought Anakin back. If anything, she just would have delayed his ultimate dive...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 09:30 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth-x-Padme
! Hayden-Lover !

Smile What i think?

I agree i love anakin and if i was padme and star wars was true realitiy i would of softened him and he and i can go back to naboo and raise our children and grow old together

starwars

plz reply

Attachment: f_pg23natalie.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth-x-Padme a Private Message Find more posts by Darth-x-Padme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth-x-Padme
I agree i love anakin and if i was padme and star wars was true realitiy i would of softened him and he and i can go back to naboo and raise our children and grow old together

starwars

plz reply

Just because you put plz reply doesn't mean anything. stick out tongue

In fact, since you put that, I refuse to reply.

Damnit! I replied, didn't I?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:14 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

If obi1 didn't show up has he did, padme could probably bring Anakin to her and have him follow. And if he was away from everything for a while and with padme giving birth maybe he came to his senses. But that's a bunch of "if's" and I don't lead with "if's" hehehehe But kinda gives another perspective of all thing

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Re: What i think?

Originally posted by Darth-x-Padme

starwars

plz reply

You were taking a risk. What if he cut off yer head?! hehehehe

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

You never know. Anakin is actually fairly easy to manipulate.

Maybe if Padme threatened to kill herself unless he came with her.
Very interesting, ..hmmmm.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Interesting comments, but I think you are all still forgetting that Anakin knows already that Padme is going to die. What the hell would be the point of him going with her anywhere, and not turning to the dark side? He feels POSITIVE that the ONLY way to save her is through the dark side.

Didn't you guys watch the movie? Sigh... He turned FOR HER !!! Not despite of her.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoMixedUp
bittersweetness

no, if obi wan hadn cum anakin wouldv probably gotten angry by the fact that padme refused to join him, in his eyes this wouldv implyed that she didnt love him or care for him ne more, so he wouldv become pissed off by her anyway...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:35 PM
Click here to Send SoMixedUp a Private Message Find more posts by SoMixedUp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vanquish
Interesting comments, but I think you are all still forgetting that Anakin knows already that Padme is going to die. What the hell would be the point of him going with her anywhere, and not turning to the dark side? He feels POSITIVE that the ONLY way to save her is through the dark side.

Didn't you guys watch the movie? Sigh... He turned FOR HER !!! Not despite of her.

I did'nt forget anything. This is all hypothetical anyway. He forsees her death, but obviously he thinks he can change it. He thinks the darkside is the only way because that was the only option he saw to save her. He would leave the darkside if he knew that was NOT the way to save Padme.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:42 PM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Hypothetical threads are fine for some things, but Anakin turning to the dark side to save padme is the major storyline in the fricking movie, and changing that, or questioning it in any way makes very little sense.

While your all at it, why don't you hypothetically have Anakin die in the pod race in TPM and "see what happens"

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

No, he couldn't have. He didn't even know what he was doing properly for Christ's sake. He only realizes what he's done and what's happened when the mask is put on his face....

~wickerman~

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

I don't think she would have saved him. He hasn't seen the lies that the emperor is full of. It wasn't until Luke stood up to the emperor that reminded him who he was. Besides I think the emperor put those images into Anakin's head just like I think he put his mother's death into his head. I mean when yoda was talking to him he was saying be careful with your premonitions or something like that.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote