KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was Anakin the right choice for Hayden.

Was Hayden a good choice?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 45 86.54%
No 7 13.46%
Total: 52 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Was Anakin the right choice for Hayden.
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Was Anakin the right choice for Hayden.

I loved the original, everyday day feel that the OT Anakin gave off, he was an average guy who got involved with the empire. The original Anakin was more of your everyday guy, he didnt have a six pack, and long, shiney hair.
Does anyone else think GL juiced it up to much with the whole, choosen one thing. I was so upset with the change on the ROTJ DVD that I nearly through it across the room. The original is better in my opinion, the prequel is to far-fetched.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, I ment the title backwards.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Im sure there was probably a better choice, but I like Hayden as Anakin. And I love the change to ROTJ.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im not saying Hayden cant act, its how they potrayed the character of Anakin in the prequel TRILOGY, it seems different.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nactous
Im not saying Hayden cant act, its how they potrayed the character of Anakin in the prequel TRILOGY, it seems different.

Did you expect him to walk around actiing like Vader the entire time?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:41 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

I can't think of anyone else playing Anakin but Hayden

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now, their are some things that I cant see the "prequel" Anakin doing and saying things that Vader does.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:45 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Nactous
Now, their are some things that I cant see the "prequel" Anakin doing and saying things that Vader does.

True, I cant see Vader getting anyone pregnant. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:46 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by McCusto
I can't think of anyone else playing Anakin but Hayden

Okay, let me rephrase, Hayden as Anakin doesn't act like Vader.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:47 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
True, I cant see Vader getting anyone pregnant. stick out tongue

Yeah, one would think his "stuff" got burnt off. laughing out loud

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:48 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Did you expect him to walk around actiing like Vader the entire time?

susprisingly, many fan boys do indeed

and people forget that Anakin didnt start out as Vader, Lucas himself has said many times that Anakin Skywalker was a loving and giving individual before he turned to the dark side.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, its just I grew up with the impression as Anakin as an older man before he became Vader.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:37 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Hayden was good as Anakin, but only in III.

Lucas wanted a guy who looked like a bit of lovable rogue. Anakin was supposed to be Luke but with bits of Han's rebelliousness and guile. Lucas stated he was going after a James Dean-type of actor.

If you have seen James Dean, you will realise Hayden looks a lot like him.

I personally think Lucas failed completely with Hayden in Episode II. Lucas chose the right guy for sure, but a combination of the story, the make-up, the hair, the directing of the character, gave the complete opposite vibe of a James Dean-type Jedi. The ingredients were right, but something went wrong.

Episode III however - Success! Anakin looks and acts like James Dean, if James Dean were given a lightsaber and a robe. The effects/directing did work against him, but in the end, Hayden was a brilliant choice.

I think the biggest mistake was waiting for two whole movies to show us the real deal. I have and always will consider Episodes I and II to be pointless. Lucas should have stretched out Episode III and made an OT-esque trilogy revolving around the bad ass Jedi known as Anakin. We didn't need to see his whole life, just like we didn't need to see Lukes. Hayden was a good choice, simply because he fits the criteria Lucas was going for almost perfectly, but we only "got" what Lucas was attempting with him in Episode III.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader and Anakin are both cocky, but in to different senses, playful and serious. It didnt carry over.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
susprisingly, many fan boys do indeed

and people forget that Anakin didnt start out as Vader, Lucas himself has said many times that Anakin Skywalker was a loving and giving individual before he turned to the dark side.

Yup! It's annoying when they go "Oh, that NOOO! scene was horrible, not Vader at all!" Well, that's because that's Anakin, he's not fully Vader yet. no expression

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Bondius
Order of the Phoenix Jedi

I think Hayden is a so so actor, not to bad, but an Oscar winner either, and the change in ROTJ was really lame, I thought Sebastian Shaw was perfect on that scene.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send General Bondius a Private Message Find more posts by General Bondius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by General Bondius
I thought Sebastian Shaw was perfect on that scene.

Yeah, not many can stand and smile that good. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:55 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Bondius
I think Hayden is a so so actor, not to bad, but an Oscar winner either, and the change in ROTJ was really lame, I thought Sebastian Shaw was perfect on that scene.

Agree 100%

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:56 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I like the Jedi change, because me and many others view Hayden as Anakin, not so old guy we see f'd for a couple minutes.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:58 PM
Peach
mordrem

For one thing, I dunno how you think Anakin gave off any sort of 'feel' in the OT since Vader was Anakin in the OT for about 5 minutes, tops.....

For another, in the PT, of COURSE Anakin wasn't going to act like Vader. He didn't become Vader until the second half of ROTS. Even after that people whine that he didn't act like Vader....well, duh. He just became Vader. He didn't turn into the Vader we know from the OT overnight.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote