KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old
Started by: kalsemo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kalsemo

Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

I just picked up a copy of book The Making of Revenge of the Sith, and it had some pretty interesting tidbits in it, such as Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool...

Other interesting notes:

It was considered that Anakin would have a Mohawk;
It was considered that Anakin would walk off Mustafar;
Yoda landing on Dagobah was in the original plan;
Dooku was going to reveal he ordered Anakins mother to be tortured;
Palpatine was going to be the one responsible for manipulating Anakin's midichlorian count, thus he was "the father".

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:24 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

What do you mean "walk off Mustufar"?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:37 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kalsemo
Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool...
No... that would have been really uncool, actually stick out tongue

Palpatine was going to be the one responsible for manipulating Anakin's midichlorian count, thus he was "the father".
That idea is still in the film... at least in my mind, it is.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:40 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

That idea is still in the film... at least in my mind, it is.

Lets not start the subject of "what is inside Dodo's mind"......no

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:43 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
What do you mean "walk off Mustufar"?

Clarification: not walk off Mustafar, but walk away when the duel was over.. in other words, he wouldn't have lost his legs.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:44 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No... that would have been really uncool, actually stick out tongue

Now why would that have been uncool??

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:45 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Re: Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Now why would that have been uncool??

Everyone hated a 9 year old Anakin, they would hate a 10 year old Han. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:46 AM
kalsemo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Everyone hated a 9 year old Anakin, they would hate a 10 year old Han. stick out tongue

Oh I see... but it was only going to be for a scene or two, with Yoda.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:47 AM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

it wouldve have been such a stretch to include han, lucas was smart not to do so. there are already so many links in that movie it would have smuthered the audience to put that in.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:48 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

That makes it sound bad, putting him with a character he has no business with, same goes for Chewie.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:49 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Lets not start the subject of "what is inside Dodo's mind"......no

Why's that? Because what's going on in my mind is too complex for anyone here to understand? stick out tongue

Yeah, including Han would have just been too much... Chewie was bad enough, but having Han would make the universe seem the size of a marble. There is absolutely no reason to show Han's background... in fact, his mysteriousness is part of the attraction to the character, at least for me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 07:56 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Additional concepts...

The opening sequence was going to show 7 different battles on 7 planets;
There was going to be a crystal planet;
Obi Wan was going to know sooner about Padme and Anakin, and Obi and Padme were going to have more intimate conversations about the marraige and Anakin's sudden mood changes....

Last edited by kalsemo on Aug 15th, 2005 at 08:10 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 08:08 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yeah, the original opening montage would have been cool, and more like the Clone Wars we'd all been waiting for... but the OSB is great.

Also, Palpatine was going to put in Anakin's mind the idea of an affair between Padme and Obi-Wan... which I suspect is why Anakin gets so pissed off when he sees Obi-Wan on Mustafar and says "You're with him!".

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 08:22 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I like the idea of Obi knowing about them, Padme even says that Obi-Wan stopped by.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 08:26 AM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

I just picked up a copy of book The Making of Revenge of the Sith, and it had some pretty interesting tidbits in it, such as Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool...

why do you think Han Solo still remains one of Cinema's greatest ever characters? because he wasnt tampered with, i mean as much as i love Chewie, it was kinda pointless having him in ROTS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Additional concepts...

The opening sequence was going to show 7 different battles on 7 planets;
There was going to be a crystal planet;
Obi Wan was going to know sooner about Padme and Anakin, and Obi and Padme were going to have more intimate conversations about the marraige and Anakin's sudden mood changes....

out of curiosity, what makes you think we didnt already talk about all of this when the book actually came out?

you kiddies missed the salad days of KMC's EP3 section.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

"but having Han would make the universe seem the size of a marble."

thats a very great way of putting it.

"Also, Palpatine was going to put in Anakin's mind the idea of an affair between Padme and Obi-Wan... which I suspect is why Anakin gets so pissed off when he sees Obi-Wan on Mustafar and says "You're with him!"."

that would have made alot more sense! anikans slide to the darkside was always so vague, that would have tied the whole thind together completely. and that would have put alot more emphasis on why he wanted to kill obi wan so bad because, lets face it, we all wanna kill the person who takes the one we love away.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 11:44 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Who cares? That's really stretching it to make connections to the OT.. sometimes I would rather some things were left out of the PT so they were more their own movie and less dependant on the OT. Too many coincidences I think.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 02:55 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shoe-freak
Jish!!

that would be so stupid to see an actor portray a 10 year old harrison ford, noduh george did not flim that, besides everyone hated 9 year old anakin

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:03 PM
Click here to Send shoe-freak a Private Message Find more posts by shoe-freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i didnt just hate him, i wanted to rip his balls off.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:06 PM