KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The O-OT on DVD petition

The O-OT on DVD petition
Started by: jedi-kev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Natalie-Lover
I love her

Warning The O-OT on DVD petition

Right, this probably is the most important thing in your lives. As Star Wars fans we should support the cause and sign the petition to get the original theatrical cuts of the Star Wars Trilogy that you saw as a child.

www.originaltrilogy.com

support the cause

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Natalie-Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Natalie-Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

I support this thread being in the right place.

www.movethisdamnthread.com

Support the cause!

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 04:49 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natalie-Lover
I love her

No, I want to hear opinions on the Prequel fans

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Natalie-Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Natalie-Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I already have the O-OT on dvd stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Doesnt bother me, I have the trilogy Box Set, and I love it.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:16 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

got that too, but they are the SE's which are.........well......bleh

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:17 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natalie-Lover
I love her

Yeah I have top quality bootlegs JP. Still an official release just is way better and really a must

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:21 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I dont worry about the changes, A New Hope is still A New Hope, and the same goes for the others. Maybe its because I didnt see the OT in theaters.

Some of the complaints about the SE's have weight, but alot are just annoying ass people bitching about something they believe is owed(sp) to them.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:22 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natalie-Lover
I love her

"A New Hope is still A New Hope"

hmmm I'm not too sure but did I see a CG jabba or an alien shooting first? Man I think I really must have forgotten what the original 1977 version looked like again.

"Some of the complaints about the SE's have weight, but alot are just annoying ass people bitching about something they believe is owed(sp) to them."

True, but I do feel these people do care the original movies they saw as a child and many who hated how this sort of tinkering had been done to their movies.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:27 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

people say that the pt was aimed at kids. well all of these people saw movies that were aimed at there age (yes, when they were kids) and they loved it. think about the next genration and your selves

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:31 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The thing is, the petition isnt going to work, and when the HD-DVDs come out there will be even more changes.

Hell, he is already changing the PT.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:42 PM
Three Owls
The Wolfen

I'm ok with all the changes, save the ****ing annoying song at Jabba's palace in RotJ. Luke's scream as he falls in Empire was terrible but they axed that for the SE DVD's.

-edit-:since when do "cuss-words" get *'d out? **** that.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Three Owls a Private Message Find more posts by Three Owls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I had this guy ( and yes he was an old fogy) come into my work looking for "star wars" .

So I gave him the box set, and he was like "no, no, no..Its called star wars, it came before the empire strikes back and return of the jedi or whatever, before this "episode" stuff."

He was some ass hole customer who thought he knew more than I did, especialy about star wars, and you guys have known me for quite a while.

I had to explain to him that he was an idiot, and the world has changed since 1977 and he left all pissed.

laughing

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 06:38 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natalie-Lover
I love her

well he probably was a dedicated fan to the original star wars trilogy. who can blame him

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:34 PM
McCusto
Republic Commando

Why did you say I am not a Star Wars fan? All I said was that this was in the wrong area!

LOL!

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ast
I dont worry about the changes, A New Hope is still A New Hope,

errr no, it isnt. The SE's had one advantage in my opinion and that was better color. The rest of the changes I could have easily done without.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:53 PM
Natalie-Lover
I love her

thank god, a sensible poster

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Three Owls
I'm ok with all the changes, save the ****ing annoying song at Jabba's palace in RotJ. Luke's scream as he falls in Empire was terrible but they axed that for the SE DVD's.

-edit-:since when do "cuss-words" get *'d out? **** that.

The board automatically does that. Any efforts to sidestep it will result in warnings. wink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

would the orginals include the original Jabba scene, when he is human form. Because, if it was then it wont make sense.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 12:05 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
errr no, it isnt. The SE's had one advantage in my opinion and that was better color. The rest of the changes I could have easily done without.

Totally agree with ya JP, ALL the changes are uneccesary. I can live with them (well, most of them), but I don't think they improve the films AT ALL... in fact in some cases they lower the quality of them.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
would the orginals include the original Jabba scene, when he is human form. Because, if it was then it wont make sense.

Was that scene in the Original release? No. And it's a pointless scene anyway and basically just repeats everything we heard in the Greedo scene (which they also botched).

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote