KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » " Your Guidance " ?

" Your Guidance " ?
Started by: master harmax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
master harmax

" Your Guidance " ?

" So - they finally let you have an assignment, on your own ?
Your patience has paid off ! "

Anakin : " Your guidance, more than my patience "

What guidance does he refer to ? Has he been having clandestine meetings with Palpatine, unknown to anyone, even Obi Wan ?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:46 PM
Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I think Anakin is talking about him and Palpatine talking from time to time, like "I forsee you'll become the greatest of all Jedi", the basic s*cking up to get someone with a high selfesteem

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:48 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Something left rather open, though I would be surprised if it was entirely covert advice that Palpatine had been offering Anakin over time. Judging by his lines at the end of TPM I get the idea that Palpatine has maintained contact with them both, actually.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, even for Anakin it would be suspicious if Palpatine would teach him how to use a lightsabre...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:52 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Well something as obvious as that, would naturally raise suspicion. But, Palpatine surely has his eyes on Anakin as a possible future apprentice ... and as such, it was a bit of a miscalculation on his part, to let Anakin come into close contact with Count Dooku so early, as to have got into a combat situation with Dooku. Because Anakin almost got killed in the process.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:56 PM
Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you know, if that is the way it goes... I don't think Palpatine is SO set on Anakin that we would go massively out of his way to protect him.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, you could argue that Anakin is the Chosen One and won't easily die... well... ok... he did got some lightning on him that killed him in RotJ... makes you think about the power of it...

never mind my post roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 10:01 PM
master harmax

I'm not sure Palpatine knows about him being the Chosen One ... just a very exceptionally gifted young jedi padawan, one he would really like to have as his sith apprentice, after Dooku.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 10:04 PM
yerssot

well, if you're powerfull enough to not get noted by the ENTIRE Jedi Order... I think you're good enough to think Anakin is special...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 10:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I also think the Sith are into rather 'compteitive' examination; if Anakin was killed before Palpatine deemed him ready for conversion then Palpatine probably would have thought he woulnd;t have been good enough anyway.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2002 10:09 PM
jedi fernando

i think it is well implied in AOTC that Palpatine mantained a relationship with anakin.

we see 2 scenes where the story tells us such thing.

1) when the kohuns are in padme´s room and anakin and ob1 are talking about the "economics of politics". Anakin says he thinks Palpatine is a good man.

2) the scene that is discussed now in this forum. when anakin and palpatine talk about how good anakin is to become.

so it is obvious that anakin looks up to palpatine.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 05:46 AM
Click here to Send jedi fernando a Private Message Find more posts by jedi fernando Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Yes of course they have stayed in touch, as implied by the last scene in TPM. It's just that " Your guidance " might imply more than just cursory meetings and staying in touch.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 10:40 AM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he's been softening Anakin up to his being around and in a guiding position. They're close and Anakin trusts him

"You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body."-C.S.Lewis

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 02:53 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

And Palpatine has been suggesting things to Anakin like the senate is useless and they need someone to make decisions and for people to be told to do it, I get this from this scene:-

ANAKIN:We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problems, agree what's in the best interests of all the people, and then do it.
PADME: That is exactly what we do. The trouble is that people don't always agree. In fact, they hardly ever do.
ANAKIN: Then they should be made to.
PADME: By whom? Who's going to make them?
ANAKIN:I don't know. Someone.
PADME:You?
ANAKIN:Of course not me.
PADME:But someone.
ANAKINmessedomeone wise.
PADME:That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.
ANAKIN:Well, if it works...

and I think Anakin will finally come around to the Idea of the Empire.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, I will be amazed if Palpatine ever said to Anakin that the Senate was useless. He almost certainly would have defended it vigorously while teaching Anakin enouigh to come to his own conclusions.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 05:07 PM
jedi fernando

quote:
ANAKIN: Then they should be made to.

quote:
PADME:That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.
quote:
ANAKIN:Well, if it works...

...and then padme tells anakin no to tiss her saying that stuff. and anakin just smiles.

that scene was a bit curious to my senses.

was he actually joking or not????

i think he was. coz, like ush says, i dont think palpatine would ever tell anakin that the senators are useless, he would be saying stuff against the character of "chanciller palpatine" who everybody thinks is a good democratic person.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 07:26 PM
Click here to Send jedi fernando a Private Message Find more posts by jedi fernando Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

"She will not reject an executive order"
well, if he needed to say that, than you can bet he didn't say the senate was useless, otherwhise it would be "heck, I don't care, I'm the boss"

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 07:32 PM
peluffo

I'm pretty sure that Palpy did a nice fine job with annie this last 10 years, as he did with the whole Republic and the Whole JC.

C'mon!! this guy is plotting everithing under JC nose!!! How could you all ever doubt about Palpatine's influence on Anakin, I mean, the way of thinking, arrogance, and everithing of Ani is perfectly explained thru the scene on palpy's office, and confirmed with that last line of TPM!!! PALPATINE IS GUIDING THIS GUY, and i'm pretty sure that he feels that Palps trust him where Obi Wan faults!

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 08:34 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but even for one who wants to get his ego getting noticed by others it would ring some suspiciousy when a chancellor suddenly shows how good he is in teaching a padawan in a full knight

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 09:07 PM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

what peluffo said

"You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body."-C.S.Lewis

Old Post Jul 4th, 2002 10:00 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote