KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Bombing of Geonosis

Should the arena at Geonosis been bombed?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, the arena should have been bombed. 10 55.56%
No, the arena shouldn't be bombed. 8 44.44%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bombing of Geonosis
Started by: Quinlan_Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Question Bombing of Geonosis

From the book Shatterpoint, Mace realizes that Count Dooku was the shatterpoint of the CIS, but after the start of the war and the months into it, that shatterpoint disappeared. Mace also knows that the Republic could have killed Dooku by bombing Geonosis arena?

My question:

Should Mace Windu have bombed the Geonosis arena and perhaps prevented a devastating war?

Remember: Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme were all in that arena. We know from Qui-Gon Jinn that Anakin is the Chosen One.

What would be the consequences of the Chosen One not fulfilling his prophecy?

Please give me your input. And vote in the poll.

p.s: I also put this thread in the EU forum by accident. So I am putting it here as well.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 12:59 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

this doesnt belong here. its expanded universe.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 01:04 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To be fair, although it is a point raised by the EU, he is asking about a film event.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Its an interesting question.

Precision bombing yould have been in order.

They should have just taken a larty and beamed the heck out Poggle's box.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Lord Windu

they should have used that technology to guide a precition missile at dooku.

then again, if they did palp and dooku would have ruled the galaxy forever, and no ep 3, 4, 5 or 6.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Sith Lord Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Lord Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Jedi aren't murderers, and they certainly wouldn't sacrifice their best 200 Knights and Masters for no reason.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Jedi aren't murderers, and they certainly wouldn't sacrifice their best 200 Knights and Masters for no reason.

the more correct point would be that jedi would not kill tens of thousands of sentient beings for any purpose other then defense against a direct attack. they would be no better than the empire if they did.

Last edited by PVS on Aug 17th, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 10:37 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

i think he meant when there was ONLY padme, anakin, and obi-wan before the 200 jedi arrived. THe threadmaster wanted MAce to sacrifice the three just to stop the war.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:48 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They aren't murders, but they kill people...hmmm.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

I would definately sacrifice Anakin and Padme, but you can't get rid of Kenobi, he kicks ***

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Hell yeah they should've bombed. Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan would have understood their sacrafice. The Geonosians, traitors, would have been killed, the droid foundaries wiped out (a lot of them, in anycase), Dooku killed without the possible loss of any Jedi, the Sepratists vanquished. Hello? Two Jedi and a Senator or the entire Jedi Order, the Republic, and thousands of civilians? Well, the Republic would have been gone anyway, but you get my meaning.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:04 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Lord Windu

Originally posted by Council#13
Hell yeah they should've bombed. Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan would have understood their sacrafice. The Geonosians, traitors, would have been killed, the droid foundaries wiped out (a lot of them, in anycase), Dooku killed without the possible loss of any Jedi, the Sepratists vanquished. Hello? Two Jedi and a Senator or the entire Jedi Order, the Republic, and thousands of civilians? Well, the Republic would have been gone anyway, but you get my meaning.

taking that further, the rise of the empire, the death of billions of lives in the following years and alderan blow, literally, blown to pieces.

aslo, the kills in the movies are against droids or people to strong and powerful to be left alive, like mace was going to do against palp'.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:38 AM
Click here to Send Sith Lord Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Lord Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alliance
They aren't murders, but they kill people...hmmm.

name one instance where there killed someone who was not directly attacking them. even when a jedi IS being attacked directly, they will opt to spare the attacker's life if possible. this is proven over and over.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 12:44 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I doubt it. At the time it seemed that their was nothing to bomb the arena with. Don't forget that at the time the clone army came a bunch of Jedi were in the arena.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 12:55 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, but the question seems to be whether the jedi should have NOT sent the cavalry and bombed the arena.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 12:56 PM
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by General Kon-El
i think he meant when there was ONLY padme, anakin, and obi-wan before the 200 jedi arrived. THe threadmaster wanted MAce to sacrifice the three just to stop the war.

Well the Jedi know Obi Wan only was there, but i still think they would sacrifice him even though he's one of the worst jedi.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by PVS
yeah, but the question seems to be whether the jedi should have NOT sent the cavalry and bombed the arena.

Yeah, that was what Mace describes in the book (one of the few pieces of EU that I actually read), was that the Jedi considered it because of Kenobi's message about the droid armies, the Trade Federation's alliance with Dooku, and the Viceroy's attempts on Amidala's life.

When they showed up, they knew all 3 of them were there (could sense them in the Force) and the book makes it seem as though it was considered an option to bomb the arena, for like a split second before what we saw in the film.

And of course they shouldn't, for all of the reasons already stated.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 09:47 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Yeah, that was what Mace describes in the book (one of the few pieces of EU that I actually read), was that the Jedi considered it because of Kenobi's message about the droid armies, the Trade Federation's alliance with Dooku, and the Viceroy's attempts on Amidala's life.

When they showed up, they knew all 3 of them were there (could sense them in the Force) and the book makes it seem as though it was considered an option to bomb the arena, for like a split second before what we saw in the film.

And of course they shouldn't, for all of the reasons already stated.

But the question is did they know when the Clone Army would arrive at Geonosis? If they never came the CIS wouldn't have been gathered at the Arena because Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padmé would have been killed sooner and thus bombing the arena would have been pointless. Dooku would have been back underground.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 10:05 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They could have just Base Delta Zeroed the planet.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 10:07 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Meh, they should've just bombed the damn thing

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 08:32 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote