KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How did Yoda know?

How did Yoda know?
Started by: General G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

How did Yoda know?

Yoda, at the end of TPM, after the death of Darth Maul and Qui-Gon, during Qui-Gon's cremation actually, said that "Two there are, no more, no less" obviously referring to the Sith. How would Yoda have known that, the Sith have been in hiding for 1000 years. He shouldn't have been able to know that there are only two Sith, he should have presumed that there were thousands or something and gotten really worried.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 10:51 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

he is refering to the fact that thr is a master and an apperentice..thats all thr is..2..so he was wondering which one was killed by obi-1..the master..or the apperentice..and we kno it was the apperentice

There is no death, There is the Force.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 10:57 PM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Lucas told him (just kidding)stick out tongue

At first i thought he must have encountered some but then "the sith have been extinct for a millenia"throws that out the window as he's 900ish

Maybe it was common knowledge and the whole thousands of ancient Sith thing (before darth bane)is BS according to Lucas and there ALWAYS were two Sith.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Lucas told him (just kidding)stick out tongue

At first i thought he must have encountered some but then "the sith have been extinct for a millenia"throws that out the window as he's 900ish

Maybe it was common knowledge and the whole thousands of ancient Sith thing (before darth bane)is BS according to Lucas and there ALWAYS were two Sith.

That would be pretty funny.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:14 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Yeah he (Lucas) could really wreak havoc in the VS forum if he started posting there

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

laughing out loud

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:42 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: How did Yoda know?

Originally posted by General G
Yoda, at the end of TPM, after the death of Darth Maul and Qui-Gon, during Qui-Gon's cremation actually, said that "Two there are, no more, no less" obviously referring to the Sith. How would Yoda have known that, the Sith have been in hiding for 1000 years. He shouldn't have been able to know that there are only two Sith, he should have presumed that there were thousands or something and gotten really worried.

Yoda was stupid and assumed that the Sith would stick to their dogma...but then again, since neither group can see past thier own asses, he was right.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

THere's a backstory to the Sith that Yoda is referring to. Sith in groups only destroy each other, so they can only survive in pairs, where one is boss.... until the apprentice kills the master, he becomes the master and takes a new apprentice.

So basically Yoda's phrase is nonsense... it doesn't matter who Maul was... the remaining Sith is the (new) master.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 07:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

So once again, Yoda proves himself the idiot.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I am afraid so.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 10:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

And I always thought he was so wise...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 11:14 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Not if you saw ESB before the PT. Whenever I see Puppet Yoda, I think of the Muppet tripping on acid fighting with a trash can over a flashlight.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

"Do not question!"

"There is no why!"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 12:22 AM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

"Because the answer have I not"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Re: Re: How did Yoda know?

Originally posted by Alliance
Yoda was stupid and assumed that the Sith would stick to their dogma...but then again, since neither group can see past thier own asses, he was right.

WTF????? Yoda was 100% right when he stated that "always 2 there are"

Why is he stupid???

also yoda's ass was BEHIND him so how could he not see past it ???

Idiot laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 04:38 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No, not really.

1. At the time there was only one Sith, as Maul had just been killed.

2. It doesn't matter who Maul was... the remaining Sith is the (new) master. So Mace's comment about "Who did we kill? The Master or the Apprentice?" is stupid and really irrelevant.

I've gone over in this thread why Yoda is idiotic. Please don't make me do it again.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 03:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yoda was right... correct, but he was stating the blatant obvious. Like when it's raining, Yoda might say: raining it is. And then Mace would answers: but is it raining cats and dogs, or dogs and cats?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 06:35 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Can you explain away: "There is no why" and "Do not question"?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

Actually, that is good advice in a training situation.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:16 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. Luke spent so much time training, its obvious he needed an extensive amount of "training only" advice.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 03:12 AM