KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine is a Clawdite.

Palpatine is a Clawdite.
Started by: Evil Windu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Windu
The "Master Chief"

Palpatine is a Clawdite.

Heres a theory that my friend emailed to me, Him and I kinda came up with the concept that Palpatine is a Clawdite (Shapeshifter,Like Zam.)
Yet again I know this isnt Spoiler Related but its somthing to think about..
---------------

Palpatine is a Clawdite !

The more I think about it, the more I believe it. Let me explain my logic in coming to this conclusion. If I may throw in one last question, why did GL introduce us to shapeshifters in AOTC?

Now I have read hundreds of threads on these and other boards and heard some excellent theories answering one or more of these questions. But 9 times out of 10, the theory causes discrepencies with a number of the other questions posed here.

To my knowledge, the thought that Palpatine is Sifo-Dyas, a Clawdite, is the only theory that successfully answers all of these questions without any major inconsistencies:

Q) Who taught Palpatine?
A) The Jedi.

Q) Who ordered the clones?
A) Sifo-Dyas.

Q) Who is this alleged new bad guy?
A) Sifo-Dyas. We've never *really* seen him.

Q) Who is Sifo-Dyas?
A) Palpatine/Sidious.

Q) Why wasn't Palpatine recruited as a Jedi?
A) He was. But the Jedi knew him as Sifo-Dyas. His skills in the Dark Side cloud the Jedi's vision when he assumes the role of Palpatine the politician or Sidious the Sith. His ability to change his shape hides his physical appearance.

Q) Is there another Jedi traitor?
A) Yes, Sifo-Dyas. He erased the files himself after he ordered the clones himself, just before faking his own death to concentrate on his political alter-ego.

Q) How did the Sith return?
A) They were, in fact killed 1,000 years prior to TPM. Their teachings were locked away in the Jedi archives. Sifo-Dyas was a quick study.

Q) Is Palpatine Darth Sidious?
A) I won't even acknowledge that with a response!

Q) Why did GL introduce us to shapeshifters in AOTC?
A) To make this revelation more acceptable to fans.

Your opinions on this..

The Halo Chronicles

Hyperspace Webcam Pics Here !

I asked for Reinforcements... I didn't think they'd send a SPARTAN.

Last edited by Evil Windu on Apr 14th, 2003 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Evil Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, a couple of quick points. First of all, GL put a shapeshifter in AOTC just for the style of it. Second, GL has made pretty direct reference to the Master/Apprentice cycle of the Sith being unbroken all the way to the Prequel films, so that Archive reference is no good.

Other than that, I cannot believe for one moment that the same person would find the time to both be a Jedi Master and a Senator without arousing suspicion. Unless this 'shapeshifter' is not the same person as Palpatine, in which case why does he assume his form?

The theory is, in any case, massive and unnecessary over-complication. The simplest, and therefore most likely, explanation of Palpatine/Sidious' origins is that he is from Naboo... and that is pretty much that.

Interesting idea though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 17th, 2003 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yes interesting idea...but I disagree with it....nice speculation.....but just that

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

But that's the fun of speculation. Coming up with outrageous ideas and things. Got to give the man credit for presenting his thoughts here. I think his theories do have merit.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 14th, 2003 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 10:54 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

merit yes....probablility no:-)
props for creativity though

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Personally I prefer speculation to be rather more down-to-Earth, as it were.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enyafreak

well i think you should all come up with theories. seen as you all seem to dismiss everybody elses as soon as they are presented. if your all such experts lets hear your thoughts

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 01:57 PM
Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I have presented my thoughts and speculations.....in fact I did open a EpIII speculation thread...mostly I deal with what will be or not be seen.....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 04:03 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah I've been to her discussion. Very original. I still like that Clawdite theory, Evil Windu!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 04:14 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Windu
The "Master Chief"

Well Thx all for liking my Theorys even though there somewhat bogus.. But who knows I might be correct.. We will see when EP III comes out

The Halo Chronicles

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Evil Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Enyafreak, people have been years presenting theories around here, and if you had done the courtesy of checking them out you would not have made that rather hasty comment.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 08:55 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I don't think we should debunk ideas and theories just because they seem different and outrageous to us. Both Evil Windu and enyafreak have valid points. Let us not stifle the creative juices that stirs our imaginations. Only when 3 comes out will we know for a fact what paths Lucas plans to take on this.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:29 PM
Member.

hm.. i can tell this evil windu is smartbig grin really smart. good theory windubig grin, could be true, and yet we will have to wait till the movie comes out eh? then we would all be happybig grin#who likes short shorts#Happy DanceHappy Dance#i like short shorts#Happy DanceHappy Dancejk.stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Windu
The "Master Chief"

*bows* Thank You *bows*

The Halo Chronicles

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:51 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, NO, enyafreak does not have a valid point at ALL. She has accused us of not submitting our own ideas. This is simply untrue. And her idea in any case that we are not allowed to criticise unless we come up with something ourselves is absurd and very much NOT an idea I want to take hold around here. People must feel free to criticise whatever they like- once a theory is presented on an open board it becomes a fair target for any criticism anyone has to offer whether they have their own ideas or not.

And call a spade a spade- call wild speculation wild speculation. You cannot use the fact that episode III is not out yet to bring any kind of level playing field between wild and considered speculation. Evil Windu's presented theories about the Jedi's downfall and so forth are very down to Earth indeed. This one is not and I have every right to criticise it based on that.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 11:51 AM
Member.

hm...whistle

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
People must feel free to criticise whatever they like- once a theory is presented on an open board it becomes a fair target for any criticism anyone has to offer whether they have their own ideas or not
Great. Now that you have presented your thoughts, I feel totally free to criticise them. What a great concept. We get to openly criticise and disagree with whoever and whatever we want to. Thanks for explaining that man.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 02:41 PM
enyafreak

excuse me

Excuse me i was merely saying that you all seem to be very aggressive in your critisism of people. as if you are growling at them for DARING to suggest something. just dont take ideas so seriously

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 02:55 PM
Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Hey, enyafreak, I'm on your side!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:00 PM
enyafreak

thank you gordan skywalker. i just dont think that you should take these things so seriously. we can all speculate just dont grill people for doing so

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:07 PM