KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Clonetroopers

Clonetroopers
Started by: IGOTMYBEAT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IGOTMYBEAT

Clonetroopers

I got an explanation for why the Stormtroopers are so crappy even though they were cloned from Jango Fett.
The great part about the Clonetroopers is that you can't disable all of them just by knocking out a Control Ship, yet you can manufacture an unlimited amount, just like droids.

Well...eventually, when the Jedi wise up and figure out Emperor Palpatine is the bad guy, they launch an assault on the cloning facilities on Kamino, which halt the production of more Clonetroopers.

This speculation is supported by a quote from Rick McCallum, sometime after TPM, in which he stated George Lucas was thinking of having some huge water battle somewhere. And since Kamino is largely water, or all water, a battle on Kamino may have been what George Lucas envisioned.

Now, why did Darth Sidious choose to have the clones manufactured on Kamino? Perhaps the cloning technology is exclusive to Kamino, or atleast scarce throughout the galaxy.

So when the cloning facilities were destroyed, the Emperor had to start the process from scratch. Perhaps the new cloning facilities were built in a hurry, and thus just plain wasn't as good. The Emperor probably also had to use a new template, maybe somebody not quite as skilled as Jango Fett, which *could* exlain why the Stormtroopers were so inept.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 01:36 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Or maby Palpy used the clones to draw the jedi`s attention away for his main goal, creating an empire.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 01:46 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Now, what I don't get is that in ANH when the Jawas were attacked Ben says something like "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are this accurate." Are these some left over clones of Jango Fett that weren't destroyed?

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 03:29 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I think you are all to hung up in this cloning of jango Fett, the jedi`s won the clone war, the stormtroopers are conscripts or forced to soldering. No clones, the stormtroopers are the next generation of soldiers created and trained in empire academies. Even under a rule of tyranny you will get people who will support the tyran, in this case the empire led by the emperor.
Another thing if you clone something you can alter certain aspects like emotion. I dont think they would have a clone to show emotions like fear. And the stormtroopers and the rest of the empire do fear Vader and the Emperor.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 03:43 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, indeed you do.In fact, they wouldn't even see it as a Tyranny. I don't want to go too far down the Hitler-allegory path, but where do you think he got the name Stormtroopers from...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That little convo between the Stormtroopers in ANH as OB1 slips away from them, doesn't sound like mindless clones either. They appear to have hobbies and desires for new models of transport.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:00 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Don`t give me the crap that stormtroopers was first used for germans soldier during ww2, the cosacs called some of their elite cavalry for stormtroopers over a 100 years before ww2.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:13 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And ancient civilsations used them 4000 years before that. I know my history, thanks.

But the German model is WHERE THE FILMS GOT THE INSPIRATION FROM.

I didn't say the Germans invented it

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The entire Imperial Empire concept was based on the Nazi regime of 1930/40's Germany. George Lucas said this is several interviews in the past.

As for the Kamino idea, it might make sense to have a ready supply of water. Clones are absed on a human blueprint we believe. Humans are made of something like 90% water, and biologists out there want to clarify this.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Tuskin Raider

The Stormtroopers didn’t start out so bad, if you remember how they took out the rebels in the Blockade Runner. The Stormtroopers with all their faults were held back by the fact that the heroes could not die. They were not playing on a level playing field. That is the reason why they looked so bad when fighting someone who was not "expendable", unlike the rebels in the opening sequence of ANH. Not every major character was “protected”. The droids for example could be repaired so George didn’t mind having them taken out. The princess suffered a flesh wound in Jedi. The Jawas and Luke’s Aunt and Uncle were easily pasted because they were supposed to die. I am looking forward to these next 2 movies because the Srormtroopers will finally be able to show just what they can do. A lot of people will die, and who else other than Vader, the Emperor and the Stormtroopers to take them out? They will finally get a chance to show their stuff because they wont be fighting Luke, Lando, Solo, ect…

Old Post Feb 19th, 2001 10:34 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

back to the whole Nazi/Empire thing, it would make since, the liquidation of the jedi would kinda be like the ALMOST liquidation of the jews.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2001 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

oh come on give me a break. This is getting silly.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2001 05:30 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Ok Mr. military master man

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the German thing...

If you take it too far, it does get a little silly. The Jedi just don't reflect the Jews at all, for a horde of reasons.

GL based the Empire on the Nazis. Palpatine's rise is certainly a dirct link to this model. But the story as a whole is not a Nazi allegory- just specific bit are.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 02:30 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, we all know that Lucas uses all kinds of different historical and mythological events when he tells his story. The Empire is obviously the Nazi regime and I think the Jedi are supposed to represent Buddist Monks with their robes and vowels of non-violence unless absolutely needed.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 01:41 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh he uses nuances of lots of things..and then blends them to make something new...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yep, he picks and chooses, cuts and pastes.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 05:16 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightsaber001

Okay...truth not known..what ever happened to the idea that the clones were cloned after Jedi..and because the jedi were eliminated they had NO specimens to work from..so they kept cloning the clones and their powers were weaker and weaker with each clone..this was an old Idea supposedly Lucas was dealing with years ago...it stand's to figure..each clone is weaker than the original..if you have NO original..you'd clone the next best thing...a clone..well along the cloning lines..we get the stormtroopers we have now..pretty much stupid and will run into the line of fire not thinking...But they do have cool armor...

LS1

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 03:11 PM
Ratcat

So why would that work? Surely you talking about having Jedi Stormtroopers in that case?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, it doesn't mean they're trained as Jedi, it says they have midi's. Now, I don't buy this scenario yet, so far I go on the rumour that the Clones were based on Jango. But with the midi's thing, it might be the power tool Palpyhas to control his troops. Just some random speculation.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 10:33 PM