KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » vader / anakin's tone

vader / anakin's tone
Started by: Xantos Clone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xantos Clone

vader / anakin's tone

has anyone noticed the manner in wich jake loyd as anakin speaks and the way vader speaks in OT?...there are sometimes a similar tone and mannerism that I am not sure if it's nothing or good directing....

Listen to the way vader says :
"HE... will come to ME?.."
(int ROTJ when the emperor says that Luke will seak out vader and try to turn him to the light side)

Then listen to jake loyd say :
"I...get to come with YOU on your starship?"
(in TPM when anakin is told by Qui-Gon that he will go with him to be a jedi possibly) Also, the way he turns his head seams like early flashes of vader...

Is this all in my head or does anyone know what I mean?....

Old Post Sep 13th, 2000 09:07 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah now that you mention it I know what you mean....I hope Hayden does the same thing or I'm going to notice now smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2000 09:22 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

vader / anakin's tone

.....anyone else have a thought on this.....

Old Post Sep 14th, 2000 09:28 AM
KJ
Sausages

I think it was just good acting by Jake Lloyd and I hope Hayden does the same. I think in EP2 he will be a lot like Luke was in ESB.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2000 01:16 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Hmmm, I don't know...I read on one fan report that said that they got a chance to see him in Seville and he seems like of spooky....this could be interesting...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2000 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I just watched a film called Freefall which had Hayden Christensen in it. I only saw the last half hour and the film was really bad but he was good. He wasn't the pretty boy I was expecting and did look quite dark. He also had a couple of crying scenes and I just kept seeing him doing that in Ep2. I feel releived now that I know the guy can act.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2000 09:03 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I'm very glad to hear that Hayden doesn't come across like a Backstreet Boy... Especially when he's the romantic lead opposite Natalie. I have to hand it to GL he did a good job picking young actors who seem real.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2000 11:47 PM
KJ
Sausages

That's what I was most worried about. That he would look like a boyband member, but he doesn't. I think Lucas has picked the perfect choice.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 06:33 PM
Dim
Creativity

Yeah, I just saw the video from Seville...He almost looks a little rough and tumble...I wonder if he'll seem like that in the movie.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 08:46 PM
KJ
Sausages

The other thing I noticed from the film was his height. He was really tall but he will still have to do some weight training to make us beleive that he becomes Vader.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 02:30 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

Will Hayden suit up in the Vader suit? He is a big enough guy, but will Lucas go with someone else?

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 12:54 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh jeesh, I hope not..I would like to see Hayden as the only Vader in the prequels..but I guess it's a possiblity that they might go with someone else.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 07:19 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Uh, excuse the dumb question, but is Dave Prowse dead ?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Not as far as I know. He's probably touring and boasting he's the REAL Vader. Oooooooh....

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 04:51 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Actually, I bet you're right. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 11:56 PM
Ratcat

Actually he does a LOT of charity work in his personna as the Green Cross road safety man and also a lot of Sci Fi conventions.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And that's very good. But he also BOASTS alot about being Vader.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 06:59 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

Yeah, when i was talking to him at a convention once, he did seem a little put out at the fact someone else would be playing Vader in the prequels, but he did express an interest at donning the suit once more for Episode III, but after the fall out in ROTJ, of which he is still quite bitter, it looks highly unlikely.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krado7000

im sure he's not dead cause my auntie's friend goes out with him.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 09:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

Really? That's pretty interesting. Does he wear the suit at dates? laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2001 04:03 AM