KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The First Avenger: Captain America

The First Avenger: Captain America
Started by: stickman618

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stickman618

The First Avenger: Captain America

i know it's really early but people are already talking about it

it comes out in 2011

there's a deleted scene in TIH where Banner comes across CA's frozen body, it's to be included in the dvd, so that's his set up.

and for costume changes, i'd like at least leave out the wings

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 06:58 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Is that the working title for the film? 'cos (as I'm sure most/all of you know) Cap wasn't the first Avenger in either 616 or the Ultimates.

I suppose the origin would have to be rewritten though as the ... ahem ... original origin .... .... would be long winded and would require a lot of back-story to be acceptable in modern film storytelling.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 07:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

it is according to wikipedia

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 07:13 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Maybe the mean figuratively he's the first Avenger? Like the first hero to embody the precepts of the Avengers?

That wouldn't be all that far off.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 09:22 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Title sucks, but I'm sure they'll change it by the time it comes out.

Out of all comic-to-film adaptions, this is the one I'm most skeptical about. I've never seen Cap as a character who'd translate well onto the big screen. If they lean more towards Ultimate Cap, then maybe it'll work, but still...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 09:56 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless

I suppose the origin would have to be rewritten though as the ... ahem ... original origin .... .... would be long winded and would require a lot of back-story to be acceptable in modern film storytelling.

They could allways do a superhero period piece movie have it set in the 1940's wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 10:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i think it will concentrate more on before he got frozen, then they just find him again in the Avengers movie

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 10:36 AM
Dyno
Authority

I think it will start off in WW2 when he gets the SuperSoldierSerum, then I think Namor will find his frozen body.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:16 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

in a deleted scene in TIH, Banner found him

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:29 AM
Dyno
Authority

that's just wrong no expressionlaughing out loud

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:52 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by stickman618
in a deleted scene in TIH, Banner found him

That's not true.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:55 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I think it will start off in WW2 when he gets the SuperSoldierSerum, then I think Namor will find his frozen body.

Namor won't be in Avengers.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:56 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

he should atleast have a small part,

In The Avengers #4 (March 1964), Namor discovers an Arctic tribe worshipping a frozen figure preserved in a block of ice. Enraged at the idolatry, he throws the block into the ocean, where, after Namor's departure, it subsequently melts to reveal Captain America's body frozen in suspended animation; the superhero team the Avengers would shortly revive him.

Last edited by Dyno on Jun 21st, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 12:02 PM
stickman618

Originally posted by Toku King
That's not true.

that's what someone posted on the TIH forum

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 03:30 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to seeing this. Glad CA was not in The Incredible Hulk.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 10:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The best name actor out there for this role, is Matthew McConaughey.
He's several years younger than Brad Pitt, built much bigger, and can act this part if you're seen U-571 or Reign Of Fire.
May have to modulate that Texas accent though...is it important for Cap to sound non-regional?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 10:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i don't really want anyone famous to play him, as long as he's a good actor

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 02:48 AM
Dyno
Authority

I really think Paul Walker sits the par, looks wise,

too bad about his actinglaughing out loud

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 07:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Leonardo Dicaprio has been rumoured to play Captain america, Hopefully it stays a rumour.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 08:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i'll say

he's way too famous, like Nicholas Cage and Ben Affleck

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 10:25 AM