KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » What can Superman do faster: Run or Fly?

What can Superman do faster: Run or Fly?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

What can Superman do faster: Run or Fly?

I know he mostly flies more than he runs but I also know I know he can do both very fast but I never realized which he can do faster, fly or run.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:40 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

he flys much faster...theres some science to it, but I dont remember it....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:43 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Fly.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:47 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Fly obviously

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 01:25 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Fly obviously

Well it's probably because you mostly see him flying or flying real fast.

What I think is, is that he can run faster or just as fast as he can fly but since being airborne doesn't offer as much obstacles to slow down the trajectorial path of something flying as much as being on the ground where there are obstacles like high/low elevations and other geographical distractions that may deter the speed of a fast moving object, flying may be faster.

But what if there was an exact copy of Superman pitted against the other copy, with one copy on a flat surface with no obstacles in the way for miles and have the other copy airborne, and have them race from start to finish. I think that the outcome may be the same, or maybe with Superman the runner taking it because every time I saw Superman start a run, he just takes of faster than a bullet yet, I don't really see him launch or take off as fast when it comes to flight.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 03:48 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well in all the Flash/Superman crossovers he has to run, cause it would be unfair. but if he actually flies faster I am not sure, although it would be logical wouldn't it.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

I would say fly to like bardock 42 said in running race with the flash he's always lost but he seems to cause more physical damage to who ever he is hitting while flying at them by momentum, and its an easier esape to fly off than to run off.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 01:40 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Fly

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 03:52 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I would say Fly because there is no neuromuscular activity involved, it's a "simpler" activity involving a straightforward application of his energies.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 07:32 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

He's also more areodynamical while flying. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 08:35 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also flying means more direct routes get taken over terrain. So distance is travelled quicker.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Dec 29th, 2005 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 08:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

And I think his running speed is limited as he can only run fast due to his powerful leg muscles, where as his flying... is not... limited blink

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 09:57 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correct me if I'm wrong but Superman won the running event with Flash in every attempt I believe more than once. I had the book in my hands when they take swimming and Superman saves him from a wave. Well, let the Flash fans have it their way. By the way I am a fan of Flash#1 with the helmet.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:03 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

I like the wally west flash better than the original and the barry allen one.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:46 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demas

Obviously flying.

Why?

Without a contrivance like the Speed Force, magic, or some similar thing, there is an upper limit to running speed, period. That speed is exit velocity... at which point Supes running would launch himself into space/orbit and cease to be running (and arguably long before that the strides could cease to be considered running) without flying downward to keep his feet on the ground.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 05:03 PM
Demas is currently offline Click here to Send Demas a Private Message Find more posts by Demas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

fly

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 08:51 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

FLY

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:16 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote