KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Real lightsabers!

Real lightsabers!
Started by: Deadlyshot07

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadlyshot07
Jedi Knight

Real lightsabers!

Ok i know this is kinda off topic but i heard that somwhere in England some guy tried to make a real lightsaber, and used one of those really bright light bulbs (that get really hot in a matter of minutes) and poured gasoline into it and it exploded and if i didnt kill the guy it severly damaged him.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Deadlyshot07 a Private Message Find more posts by Deadlyshot07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DebuG

Haha thats funny

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:25 AM
Click here to Send DebuG a Private Message Find more posts by DebuG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

freak

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:30 AM
Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

WHY WOULD HE POUR PETROL ON IT??

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:33 AM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yodafan

I planned to build a lightsaber once... I even talked to a few science teachers about it. But the truth is the technology doesn't exist, and developing it would cost around a million dollars if your lucky. My plan involved using plasma and nuclear fusion which is also a possibilty for future energy sources. Anyway I gave the idea up.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:36 AM
Click here to Send yodafan a Private Message Find more posts by yodafan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:39 AM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben-Kenobi

Im gonna expect george lucas to get sued over this.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:50 AM
Click here to Send Ben-Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ben-Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i have a real lightsaber. i made it from toothpicks and apple sauce.smile

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:51 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

GL cant really get sued over some idiots being stupid...its like if i twirl my stick around and stab myself, he cant take the blame for it....

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:52 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

The idiot who tried to make a real lightsaber deserved everything he had coming to him.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:53 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You can not create a real lightsaber. The fact is a beam of light will go on as long as it can. You can't have a light that only extends 3 feet from it's source, especially at how powerful a lightsaber beam would have to be.

It's completely fictional and can NEVER be made.

Since this isn't about Episode III I am moving it.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:53 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

That's just terrible. confused

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:56 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

i read an article somewhere how scientists have developed a tool for surgery which is just like a working ligthsaber. it is over 9000 degrees C and gives off heat--which a lightsaber doesn't, the beam doesn't add any extra weight to the tool, it was apprently made from helium gas and at this current stage it is only about 2 and a half centimeters long.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:14 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

You guys know, that there is a way to make a sword, that shares a few properties with a lightsaber.

Lets say a 1 meter long sword, that burns skin and flesh on touch and makes a huge spark when hits a metal. That is quite possible.

The basic idea is to use electricity to create the desired effect.

Im not sure about the stats, but some 20 kV and ??? Amps would pretty much do the trick.

Ever seen those bodies, that were hit by a lightning?

edit:
On a second though, this would be closer to those staffs twirled by separatist guys on EP3 but anyway....

I wonder how much voltage would it require. It could eaven be as low as 300 - 1000 Volts, but the low voltage could be compensated with the amount of current.

Some properties would of course be left out, such as humming and glowing. Humming would propably be replaced by high pitched whining.

Yea.

Last edited by Sesse on May 26th, 2005 at 01:46 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

It's completely fictional and can NEVER be made.

You know, they have already stopped the light? Don't you?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

we already have a thread on this that I made!

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

Yikes...nothing else can i say

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:19 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Delta

that would be cool to make a real lightsaber.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Delta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Saying something can NEVER be done is the ultimate arrogance / underestimation. Scientists have been proven wrong millions of times whenever they make statements like that.

Regardless, we have figured out how to stop lasers. They don't have to go on indefinitely anymore. Check up on it before making blanket statements smile

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanquish
Saying something can NEVER be done is the ultimate arrogance / underestimation. Scientists have been proven wrong millions of times whenever they make statements like that.

Regardless, we have figured out how to stop lasers. They don't have to go on indefinitely anymore. Check up on it before making blanket statements smile

It seems like I read something on this somewhere a while back too, but I can't remember where. Might someone have a link? roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! smile

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote