KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures

Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures
Started by: jpsmith5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jpsmith5

Star Wars characters modeled after historical figures

Which Star Wars characters do you think were modeled or represented by past historical figures?

I would say Darth Sidious was probabley modeled after Adolf Hitler with his murdering rampages and Julius Caesar with his brilliant political mind winning the support of the masses.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 04:06 AM
Click here to Send jpsmith5 a Private Message Find more posts by jpsmith5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And of course you could say the stormtroopers are the SS and vader is Heinrich Himmler.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sidious and Vader are not based on anyone really; Hitler was evil, but not the epitome of, as Sidious is.

Of course, the 'stormtroopers' is the Nazi pun...and all the officers look similar to Germans in their crisp gray uniforms...with the exception of all of them being British and sporting sideburns of various shapes and sizes...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sidious and Vader are not based on anyone really; Hitler was evil, but not the epitome of, as Sidious is.

Of course, the 'stormtroopers' is the Nazi pun...and all the officers look similar to Germans in their crisp gray uniforms...with the exception of all of them being British and sporting sideburns of various shapes and sizes...

The sideburns were trend in th 70's stick out tongue that's EVERYONE has them. Even R2 LOLOL

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_Star

Imperial Officers were based off a Nazi uniform

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Shadow_Star a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_Star Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
War_Lord

That is true.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 04:10 PM
Click here to Send War_Lord a Private Message Find more posts by War_Lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Han Solo's gun is a Luger modified. For those that don't know, the Luger was used by German officers

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:29 PM
Lord Caltor

i think darth revan is kind of a hannibal barca person... knew how to win a fight but not how to use it to his advantage... but he probably did know how to use the win... maybe its just me

sidious is hitler/augustus

darth vader is alexander the great (very bad temper liked to kill his subjects rofl he even killed aristotles nephew for disagreeing with him)

Admiral Ackbar is Lu Xun

cant think of any more

Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Caltor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Caltor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clawed The Bum
Back In Black

princess leia is palama anderson. jk they are both hot but look nothing alike. one has floatation devices

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Clawed The Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Clawed The Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMusician
Defender of the Nifty

Admiral Ackbar is more like Zhou Yu.
Sidious is definately reminiscent of Hitler. I kind of like Tarkin for Himmler, so I'll go with this Vader is Aleksander idea.
Mon Mothma kind of reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. If Garm Bel Iblis were in the movies, he would be Winston Churchill.

Chaos, yet harmony;
Death, yet the Force.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:05 PM
Click here to Send JediMusician a Private Message Find more posts by JediMusician Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by JediMusician
Sidious is definately reminiscent of Hitler. I kind of like Tarkin for Himmler, so I'll go with this Vader is Aleksander idea.
Mon Mothma kind of reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. If Garm Bel Iblis were in the movies, he would be Winston Churchill.

I place sidious more in Roman era. The treachery and manipulations kinda reminds me that time.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 07:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediMusician
Ah, Bel Iblis is a pussy. Ran away to "wage his own small private war with the Empire" instead of being at the head of it, Like Churchill.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Caltor

yeh i agree rankkor admiral ackbar is more like Zhou Yu lol not Lu Xun the admiral doesnt strike me as a lets flush em out with FIRE mua ha ha type but then again the admiral doesnt cry when they lose a planet...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Caltor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Caltor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Caltor

im bringing threads ALIVE!!!

dont ban me

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 04:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Lord Caltor
im bringing threads ALIVE!!!

dont ban me
You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 12:47 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Tangible God
You'll only be banned if they find out your Muslim. They'll be scared you self-destruct yourself with a supervirus and take the system with you.

Wildly inappropriate.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Caltor

yes...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 12:55 PM
Neutrality

The Star Wars characters are not based off historical figures, it is based off mythology archetypes. GL was influenced by the works or Joseph Campbell and JC was in turned influenced by Carl Jung, a Swiss psychologist who was a student and good friend of Sigmund Freud (until Freud became upset that Jung developed Freud’s ideas in another direction.
These archetypes are essential for a person to achieve individuation (To become a Christ (son of god – god being the transcendent self) or a Buddha), the ‘Self’ or the ‘The One’ (Neo in the Matrix).

The Hero – Luke or Anakin is the ego, the main aspect of ones psyche. It is the one that must go out and face the obstacles or initiations (four stages). Throughout the story/myth/movie the hero will come across many aspects of him and must over come them – integrate them essentially. Luke succeeds and Anakin fails.

The Wise Old Man – Obiwan, Yoda, Palpatine – The father figure or wizard (Gandalf) (or if negative – sorcerer (Saruman)). Wise old man would be the higher stages (four in all) of the animus (masculine) for women. The Beast in Beauty and the Beast is an eaalier less developed stage of the animus.

Anima (primitive) – Leia, Shmi, Padme. The feminine aspects of the males psyche. Padme and Shmi both die creating a negative aspect for Anakin. Vadar takes on some of the certain aspect from a negative anima. Leia creates a positive aspect for Luke

The Great(Earth) Mother – Leia. An evolution step up from the Anima (four stages altogether, but not shown in stars wars). Leia turned from a Princess in distress to a force user.

The Shadow – Vadar, Solo, or any of the characters that present the opposite of the Hero. Vadar represents the dark or unwanted tendencies. Solo is the extravert to Luke’s introversion. Morally Solo seems like a selfish and bad person, but he merely takes on aspects that may be essential to ones survival. The Shadow in amoral. Ones ego can be manipulated or exposed to certain prejudices and morals. There is always the constant struggle between the light (conscious/known) and the dark (unconscious/unknown).

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Neutrality a Private Message Find more posts by Neutrality Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Tangible God

I''ve been banned and I'm white. Racist loser.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote