KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Concept of the Sith in Kotor

Concept of the Sith in Kotor
Started by: Darth Calladus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

Concept of the Sith in Kotor

well the whole concept of the sith confuses me. so im asking for some enlightment

Well the massasi were found by dark jedi who were exiled from the order. they took control and proclaimed themselves lords over the massassi since the beast saw them as Gods. they named order or so i belive the Sith. thousand of years of interbreeding (go figure) and dark side practices had brought them very far and granted them much power. then comes Ajunta Pall, Mark Ragnos, Ludo Kreesh, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and so on and so forth.

but..... Kotor is set 40 yrs after Kun and Quel Droma. now all the dark lords before him were offical. but where does revan get his title from. Dooku made it clear in clone wars that u just cant call urself sith (aisde from the fact that assaj had to much fear, there culd ony be 2) but I wuld think that pertains to their beliefs anyway. you cant just call urself a Jedi. yoda made that clear too.

and another thing where did the trayus academy come from? if the last dark lord was exar kun. i highly doubt he had anything to do with the academy.as he was busy with the war. Freedon Nadd i doubt had to do with it cuz he was in the Empress Teta System most of the time. and the ancient Sith lords i dont think did it either cuz they on Korriban and Yavin most of the time. or so i beileive. im not so sure about that.

and another thing about the sith in kotor that bothered me was the soldiers and armies and stuff. the previous sith lords before then allied themselves with the mandalorians but that was it. they didnt have sith sergeant and captains and privates. i know all thats for video game but it throws the concept of sith out of whack somehow.

in kotor 2 kreia said they werent sith but who are the true sith? the massassi in that era to my knowledge are gone. and exar kun and Ulic were the last official sith lords. exar did away with the sith on yavin thats fact. and there are no more on korriban.

carth said that revan had thought that their was somthing behind the mandalorians wars.now that is the biggest mystery to me seing as how Kotor 2 has so many holes and an unfinished story.

why is it that Kotor2 makes the sith seem so brutish and mindless. what other sith lords is like sion and nihilus. all the other sith lords (to my knowledge) had their sanity together but these 2 are somthin else.

whre did the dark reaper come from. they say it Ulic quel droma taught the jedi how to defeat the dark repear during the great sith war. but that cant be right because ulic was on the other side of that war. and when was defeated all he did was tell the jedi where exar kun was. there is no mention of the dark repear in ulic's databank at starwars.com
(i know its not in Kotor)

and the kaiburr crystal. its says in databanks that its a healing gem but in the game kotor 2 its a dark side lisghtsaber crystal.

sooooo many questions so little answers

what do you think fellas?

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

and one more thing. i know is sounds a little silly but do you guys think maybe palpatine used the force to create Maul. i mean he was the perfect sith warrior, and it says he was forged by the hateful energies of the sith. he was devoted, powerful, and supremely loyal to this master, in shadow hunter it says he wuld have given his life for his master. i thinks its a possibility.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

wow you have thought alot about this as for the maul thing no because only plagues to my knowledge knew how to manipulate midiclorions hence anakin but maybe sids knew that teqnique to a lesser degrea good idea

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Simple, Bane was not the first to use it.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

bane was not the first to use what?

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:31 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

The title of Darth.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

ohhh ok. be a little more specific didnt know what use was talkin bout smile

well who was it then?

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:35 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont know if they have established that yet.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:39 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Maul is NOT anywhere near perfect. Where did you get that misconception from?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

i meant like in terms of a devoted warrior. not skills or force powers

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:51 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That's a subjective claim. How do you know that no other Sith has such devotion to their fighting skills?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

ok what the hell. its an opinion.

ive never look at him terms as hes the best sith or most devoted. all i said was that he was devoted powerful and loyal. those are traits in a perfect warrior. i never said he was the only sith like that

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Last edited by Tengu on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Not a very well supported opinion, I must say...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

ok whatever just drop the shit and get back on topic.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:16 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think a serious problem you have it that I think that you think the first Sith were Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow. This is far from the truth. There were Sith 20000(twenty thousand) years before them. There is plenty of time for the Trayus Academy to be built.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

no i dont think that i never said that either. and hopefully it didnt look like implied it either. im jus skpin the timeline to the most noteable sith lords and what not.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:43 PM
RocasAtoll

Re: Concept of the Sith in Kotor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Calladus
well the whole concept of the sith confuses me. so im asking for some enlightment

Well the massasi were found by dark jedi who were exiled from the order. they took control and proclaimed themselves lords over the massassi since the beast saw them as Gods. they named order or so i belive the Sith. thousand of years of interbreeding (go figure) and dark side practices had brought them very far and granted them much power. then comes Ajunta Pall, Mark Ragnos, Ludo Kreesh, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and so on and so forth.

but..... Kotor is set 40 yrs after Kun and Quel Droma. now all the dark lords before him were offical. but where does revan get his title from. Dooku made it clear in clone wars that u just cant call urself sith (aisde from the fact that assaj had to much fear, there culd ony be 2) but I wuld think that pertains to their beliefs anyway. you cant just call urself a Jedi. yoda made that clear too.

and another thing where did the trayus academy come from? if the last dark lord was exar kun. i highly doubt he had anything to do with the academy.as he was busy with the war. Freedon Nadd i doubt had to do with it cuz he was in the Empress Teta System most of the time. and the ancient Sith lords i dont think did it either cuz they on Korriban and Yavin most of the time. or so i beileive. im not so sure about that.

and another thing about the sith in kotor that bothered me was the soldiers and armies and stuff. the previous sith lords before then allied themselves with the mandalorians but that was it. they didnt have sith sergeant and captains and privates. i know all thats for video game but it throws the concept of sith out of whack somehow.

in kotor 2 kreia said they werent sith but who are the true sith? the massassi in that era to my knowledge are gone. and exar kun and Ulic were the last official sith lords. exar did away with the sith on yavin thats fact. and there are no more on korriban.

carth said that revan had thought that their was somthing behind the mandalorians wars.now that is the biggest mystery to me seing as how Kotor 2 has so many holes and an unfinished story.

why is it that Kotor2 makes the sith seem so brutish and mindless. what other sith lords is like sion and nihilus. all the other sith lords (to my knowledge) had their sanity together but these 2 are somthin else.

whre did the dark reaper come from. they say it Ulic quel droma taught the jedi how to defeat the dark repear during the great sith war. but that cant be right because ulic was on the other side of that war. and when was defeated all he did was tell the jedi where exar kun was. there is no mention of the dark repear in ulic's databank at starwars.com
(i know its not in Kotor)

and the kaiburr crystal. its says in databanks that its a healing gem but in the game kotor 2 its a dark side lisghtsaber crystal.

sooooo many questions so little answers

what do you think fellas?

You really don't know your lore.

The Dark Jedi did not mate with Massasi, they mated with the Sith, which made the Sith. The Massasi were something that the Sith used as warriors.

You ca njust name yourself a Sith, since that's how they did it since True Sith were extinct

Trayus Academy was most likely from the Earlier Sith, and they did not spend most of their time on Yavin 4, since that didn't become important until Naga I believe. And Korriban wasn't even the Capitol of the Sith, and they didn't spend most of their time there.

Well, Darth Revan made a army, so he called them Sith Soldiers. And there was Sith Soldiers with the others, because the Mandalorians alone couldn't take on the Republic.

True Sith are the ones of the Sith Race.

no Comment

No Comment.

Ulic was a Jedi during the War before he turned, then he became good again after he killed his brother.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

ok i know for a fact they werent the first. but the academy looks pretty sophisticated and the massassi built ancient stone temples and what not. all im saying is that i have doubts about earlier sith building that academy.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:51 PM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Concept of the Sith in Kotor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HimoKun
You really don't know your lore.

The Dark Jedi did not mate with Massasi, they mated with the Sith, which made the Sith. The Massasi were something that the Sith used as warriors.

You ca njust name yourself a Sith, since that's how they did it since True Sith were extinct

Trayus Academy was most likely from the Earlier Sith, and they did not spend most of their time on Yavin 4, since that didn't become important until Naga I believe. And Korriban wasn't even the Capitol of the Sith, and they didn't spend most of their time there.

Well, Darth Revan made a army, so he called them Sith Soldiers. And there was Sith Soldiers with the others, because the Mandalorians alone couldn't take on the Republic.

True Sith are the ones of the Sith Race.

no Comment

No Comment.

Ulic was a Jedi during the War before he turned, then he became good again after he killed his brother.

You said it all Himo

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

aight well after this thread im not doin the star wars threads no more. i dont think i evr know what im talkin bout lmaolaughing .im goin back to the music and sports threads. big grin

but anyway i said yavin and korriban cuz those are the only ones i know of. i made this thread so yall can fill in the blanks and answer the questions.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Last edited by Tengu on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:55 PM