KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen?

Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen?
Started by: Joli Bug-Azi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joli Bug-Azi
Sullen Champion

Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen?

In terms of acting ability, who do you think is better?

I'd say Cristensen, he had a much deeper and harder character to portray than Hamill's and in my view he was pretty good.

Hamill's hardest task was talking to the puppet Yoda(which was pretty hard) and he did it pretty well.

Christensen had to show someone slowly sliding to the Dark Side, not the easiest of tasks.

I know alot of people are gonna drop bombs on me so let it rip.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Joli Bug-Azi a Private Message Find more posts by Joli Bug-Azi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Hayden

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 01:05 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Are you asking who would win in a real fight? Hamil. Sure he is old, but Hayden is near gay.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

As an actor, Hayden. In a fight, maybe Hayden.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Kay, we're not talking about whether the 25 year old kid can kick the 50 year olds' ass.

But Hamill did a very good job. He went from the cocky, almost prebuscent like Luke in ANH, (and actually matured a little during the movie) to the more sombre Luke in ROTJ, not to mention Lucas and the whole crew said that if it wasn't for Hamill's great performance with the Yoda puppet, then the movie would've been ruined.

But hey, Hayden did a good job in ROTS. Not in AOTC though...no...he ruined that movie for me. Him AND Portman.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God

But hey, Hayden did a good job in ROTS. Not in AOTC though...no...he ruined that movie for me. Him AND Portman.

Here! Here! Portman wasn't very good in any of them in my opinion.

As for who's a better actor. I'm gonna say Mark. He did a great character in all three movies while Hayden did an alright job through most, but not all, of ROTS and was just .....not good in ATOC. Hamill had to work with a pupet and couldn't hear the guy speaking and moving the pupet, but made us believe Yoda was real.

"To Yoda's English class, welcome you, do I. Put subject before verb, fail this class will you." *pokes with small cane* "Listening to me , you are not. Unwise of you, that is. For a detention with Lady Knight Zachara, will you earn. And survive that, you might not."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Zachara a Private Message Find more posts by Zachara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Are you asking who would win in a real fight? Hamil. Sure he is old, but Hayden is near gay.

Lol. laughing out loud

True that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Kay, we're not talking about whether the 25 year old kid can kick the 50 year olds' ass.

But Hamill did a very good job. He went from the cocky, almost prebuscent like Luke in ANH, (and actually matured a little during the movie) to the more sombre Luke in ROTJ, not to mention Lucas and the whole crew said that if it wasn't for Hamill's great performance with the Yoda puppet, then the movie would've been ruined.

Word.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Originally posted by Zachara

As for who's a better actor. I'm gonna say Mark. He did a great character in all three movies while Hayden did an alright job through most, but not all, of ROTS and was just .....not good in ATOC. Hamill had to work with a pupet and couldn't hear the guy speaking and moving the pupet, but made us believe Yoda was real.

yes

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Otaku, you have Ashton Kutcher listed as a female in your profile.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ha, he does.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

eh I think they both did fine in the roles they were given...does it matter if they were good??? they're in Star Wars...that practically makes stick figures look good

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Originally posted by Zachara

Yoda IS real! He's just hiding out somewhere, with BigFoot, and Nessie, and the black michael jackson! How dare you question his existence.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 05:53 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Otaku, you have Ashton Kutcher listed as a female in your profile.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

What's with the evil eyebrows?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Julie
What's with the evil eyebrows?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:21 PM
Julie
The Student

haha....that's much better

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:22 PM
overlord
OD'd

Because it is true, Ashton Kitchen is just a woman with a square jaw and a stupid voice wich he can't even change.

But to get back on topic, I thought Christensen/son (I dunno) was a little bit weird in some scenes, it just didn't always feel natural or something. (this is my opinion, don't get insane everyone)

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:25 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Julie
haha....that's much better

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:25 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Does this mean you want to bone Ashton Kutcher, Otaku? I'm confused here...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 08:33 PM