KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Moff Panaka?

Moff Panaka?
Started by: DucLangur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DucLangur

Moff Panaka?

This is really wierd but in the Star Wars Complete Locations on the Emperor's Lair page 168, there is a sculpture and what it says is," Gift from Longtime ally and follower, Moff Panaka." Was Panaka in leauge with Darth Sidious? THis has to be the same one. Also in the RoTs visual dictionary on page 20 in the Data File it says, "Captian Panaka, former Head of Security for Queen Amidala, gave Palpatine information regarding Anakin and Padme's secret marriage." There has to be a connection here. Was Panaka Palpatines ally all along, even during Episode 1. Maybe that is also why he is not in Episode 2, or 3? The point is, is that it isnt part of his bio on Star Wars.com. Any thoughts on this?Maybe there is an Expanded Universe book that talks about this?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 11:33 PM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

This was discussed somewhere before.. i dont know if it was here tho.. and I remember that the two Panaka's werent related persay... or at least they werent the same guy I dont believe

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:14 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Really? Panaka is not a common name. How were they different? It seems like Panaka could have been secretly working for Palpatine.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:18 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

In all honesty I dont think it has been discussed by LFL or anything.. but we all just agreed to disagree that they werent the same guy.. but could be related..

Maybe someone else can shed more light than I on this?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:30 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

The other day I was with my cousin, and we were listening to Star Wars music. The song was Panaka and the Queens Protection. But it was an iPod and the screen was to small to fit the whole thing, so it said...... Panaka and the Queer.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Haaa. What does this have to do with the topic?
huh

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:54 AM
BAILY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DucLangur
Haaa. What does this have to do with the topic?
huh

I was thinking the same.. are you saying Captain Panaka is gay and thus cant be Moff Panaka.. due to the fact the Empire discriminates against Homosexuals??? Bc that is just wrong... stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 03:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Captain Panaka went on to become Moff Panaka. They are one and the same.

Panaka was a good friend of Palpatine's from the start of his term as Naboo's Senator, and it went on from there. When Palpatine became Emperor, he assigned Panaka to be the Moff of the Chommell Sector, including the Naboo System.

During the days of the Empire, Naboo was loyal to the Empire publically once Kylantha was instated as Queen and Panaka as Moff. The prior Queen, Apailana, was slaughtered by the 501st for her harboring of Jedi and sympathizing of the Rebellion. Kylantha sympathized the Rebellion, but did little to provide aid.

So...Panaka pretty much just said "Hey, look, I can make a bid for power!" and went for it.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 03:37 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Where did you get this information?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:11 AM
D-FENS

Most likely from Wookieepedia.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:24 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I trust the information, but I'd love to know where you got it from too Rex. Might be some other interesting information. shifty

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:26 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

it's the same panaka. Check wookiepedia if you want sources. Panaka is also the guy who ratted out anakin's wedding to palpatine.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
it's the same panaka. Check wookiepedia if you want sources. Panaka is also the guy who ratted out anakin's wedding to palpatine.
Anakin got married to Palpy?!sick stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:43 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

I said that. Yeah he told Palps about the wedding of Anakin and PADME. So it gave Palpatine an advantage to his plan to turn Anakin to the darkside.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 05:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Wookieepedia...which got it from the Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy book from DK.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:11 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

That book is also called the Complete Locations book right? It's the same one?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:23 PM
Lightsnake

Yeah, it's a shame, but Panaka went Tarkin on us

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hey... don't insult Tarkin like that.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

In fairness, Panaka was in Highlander! Though I supposed Tarkin being Van Helsing overrules that

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

I liked Panaka, but I was always skeptical because of his trust in the Jedi, remember him saying, " I do not agree with the jedi on this", when they fly to Tatooine, and he was also alittle too happy when Palpatine was nominated as Surpreme Chancellor. no

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 04:44 PM